talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 12th April - Dortmund 2-3 Monaco

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not looking too good for us. Auba is wasting 80% of his chances at the moment even though most of those are sitters. I doubt we can create 4~6 1v1 situations(Auba vs GK) against Monaco. Against some Bundesliga teams, yes. Against Benfica, yes. Against Monaco, no.

Many of our players are injured and doubtful for this match. Reus should make it, but he would lack match practise. Schmelzer can't even train. Götze is out for the rest of this season. Schürrle and Durm were expected to be back last weekend, but right now it looks like they'll be out for a longer time.

The only problem Monaco have to cope with is Bakayoko's suspension. He's a big loss.

If we want to go through we need something like a 2-0 or a 4-1. I expect Monaco to win the 2nd leg. We should be favourites in the first leg, but we need to convert our chances and create a big goal difference.

• Subscriber

Think Monaco will crumble in the second half as they always do so if Dortmund can weather the storm in the first and maybe get a goal in the process they can set themselves up to take it to the French side. I expect it to be very fast paced but I can't really see Monaco going through to the next round with the way they seem to just lose steam as the game progresses. 

Injured Players - Dortmund: Götze, Reus, Burnic, Durm, Schürrle, Castro

Injured Players - Monaco:  Sidibé, Boschilia, Carrillo

Naturally you'd counter Monaco's 4-4-2 using a 4-3-3, but some of our defenders are just a little too dense it seems. Usually we need to work with a dynamic back 5 if we want defensive stability.

If we tried the 4-3-3 anyway, it would look like this:

Pulisic - Auba - Dembélé

Guerreiro - Weigl - Kagawa

Schmelzer -  Bartra - Sokratis - Piszczek

Bürki

Not too bad on paper, but some of our players have played very badly recently.

Auba's missing about 90% of his chances in 1v1 situations against a goalkeeper since he's come back from the AFCON. He needs to do better against Monaco.

Piszczek has given the ball away cheaply in dangerous positions many times since our last game against Freiburg. 

Pulisic and Dembélé had two terrible matches each in our last 3 games. Not too surprising considering how young they are.

Even Guerreiro had a bad game. We lacked a leader on the pitch for the last couple of weeks, especially the younger players need a true leader. Without Castro and Reus that won't change.

3 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/champions-league/explosion-am-mannschaftsbus-von-borussia-dortmund-51257066.bild.html

There has been an explosion in front of the Dortmund Bus. Marc Bartra with minor injuries on his way to the hospital. The game could be cancelled. 

Just heard about this now on the news. This is beyond anything ever seen in Europe now. 

3 minutes ago, True Bender said:

Planting and detonating multiple bombs is not a terrorist event?

Would you tell everyone that the stadium is safe several minutes after multiple bombs go off? London was locked down for hours, as are most other incidents including France/Germany last year, yet absolute nothing here? Plus I'm reading explosions, not bombs? Where's the evidence or statements that say multiple bombs have been planted??? And nobody is certain of how many either. Let's not jump to massive conclusions without at least knowing what's actually going on.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Would you tell everyone that stadium is safe several minutes after multiple bombs go off? London was locked down for hours, as are most other incidents, yet absolute nothing here? Plus I'm reading explosions, not bombs. And nobody is certain of how many either. Let's not jump to massive conclusions without at least knowing what's actually going on.

It happened 10km kilometers away from the stadion. Plus you don't want a stampede.

Just now, True Bender said:

I happened 10km kilometers away from the stadion. Plus you don't want a stampede.

Fair play, didn't know it was that far away. I think we need to let the facts come out though. Can't see the players wanting to play though.

I was really looking forward to this. However the safety of the people should always come before the football. Marc Bartra has been injured in the explosion and is being taken to hospital.

DORTMUND v MONACO POSTPONED 

"The game #bvbasm was just being cancelled. New appointment: Wednesday, 12.04. 18:45. Tickets remain valid"

Das Spiel #bvbasm wurde soeben abgesagt. Neuansetzung: Mittwoch, 12.04. 18.45 Uhr. Tickets behalten Gültigkeit. #bvbasm

• Administrator

Game to be played tomorrow at 5.45pm apparently.

Regardless of what type of explosion it is or how it was caused, hope anyone injured (members of public or the team) is okay. 

• The title was changed to Wednesday 12th April - Dortmund 2-3 Monaco
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived