talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 12th April - Dortmund 2-3 Monaco

• Administrator

Mbappe score. Dortmund look shaken, understandably. Monaco attacking at will. Carved open and Mbappe, who is actually offside, hits it in off his thigh. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, True Bender said:

The distance wasn'T huge, but it was easy to spot, because there was no antiparallel movement.

Think you have a future in officiating if these professional officials can't spot a marginally close call. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

think it was quite clear to be honest. 

For the viewer not for the linesman. Split second they looked they were on, hence it being a tough call. Watch the replay. 

Own goal 0-2

It's the lineman's responsibility to be at the right spot, hence it being bad officiating.

It was bad officiating. But it wasn't as clear cut as you are making it out to be. If you look at the run of play during the cross you can see in milliseconds they were in line. We have the hindsight to criticise them for that. 

Winning anything requires some luck along the way, but I can see this particular Monaco side winning it and THAT would be good for football.  Over any side remaining in this tournament, they would really shake things up if they won the most prestigious prize in European football.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Winning anything requires some luck along the way, but I can see this particular Monaco side winning it and THAT would be good for football.  Over any side remaining in this tournament, they would really shake things up if they won the most prestigious prize in European football.

Would it be good though? Wasn't it pitiful how little people went to their CL final against Porto?

2 minutes ago, ATL said:

Would it be good though? Wasn't it pitiful how little people went to their CL final against Porto?

I'm talking about football and not how many fans a particular club have mate.  Monaco for all the money they may have access to don't actually have any of the world's football stars and have found it difficult to attract and even maintain their highest profile players.  If they manage to win this, it would be great for European football...  Few real football fans care for Barça, Real, Bayern or a few of the other "super clubs" around.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I'm talking about football and not how many fans a particular club have mate.  Monaco for all the money they may have access to don't actually have any of the world's football stars and have found it difficult to attract and even maintain their highest profile players.  If they manage to win this, it would be great for European football...  Few real football fans care for Barça, Real, Bayern or a few of the other "super clubs" around.

Falcao has been a world star, but I see what you mean.

What this would prove to me, IMO, is that any billionaire can buy a club that has no fan base, and build them into a CL Champion. At least that is the impression I get.

Pusilic is coming on!!!!!!

• The title was changed to Wednesday 12th April - Dortmund 2-3 Monaco
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived