talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Monday 27th August - Man Utd 0-3 Tottenham

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00 - Live on Sky Sports

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png     VS     e6df9075f2a3dca8eda72d87d90cf4f6.jpg

Head to Head
Man Utd 2-1 Tottenham
Tottenham 2-0 Man Utd
Man Utd 1-0 Tottenham
Tottenham 2-1 Man Utd
Man Utd 1-0 Totenham

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Draw would be nice but I can see a comfortable Spurs win here. 

I've got a feeling (fuck knows why) that this is another game Mourinho pulls out the bag and escapes with 3 points. 

With everything that's going on at United I would probably put my money on Spurs nicking this.. Having said that United need to respond to that dire Brighton result so you could see them playing the type of game that might catch Spurs on the hop if they don't start well... probably end up a draw.. 

• Subscriber

I'm not sure about this one. Called a draw in the prediction league and I stand by it. Spurs are the better team but I don't see them keeping a clean sheet at Old Trafford and Kane is yet to reach top gear despite his goal against Fulham. 1-1.

This particular game is the "Mourinho Nightmare" big game.  Manchester United the huge mega institution that it is in football coupled with their spending philosophy in recent years (obviously not this summer for diverse reasons) and the appointment of THE MAN is something that with the surrounding destabilised situation they're going through is a nightmare situation in my view.  Spurs have in common that they didn't spend either and Mourinho knows this which means excuses in the event of defeat will be difficult to create. 

Christ almighty the state of that lineup. 

Can see it now. United will have 20% possession yet will win on a counter attacking goal, better yet a Spurs OG, and the Mourinho faithful will call it a tactical masterclass. 

I know he wants to play defensive but he could've had a bit more threat on the counter if he had Martial, Alexis or Rashford in the side instead of Fred or Herrera while still parking the bus.

• The title was changed to Monday 27th August - Man Utd 0-3 Tottenham
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived