• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Monday 27th August - Man Utd 0-3 Tottenham

football forum

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Not at all, but as long as the result is positive, who am I to question the greatest coach of this generation? 

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

If we get hammered, it's time for Zidane. 

xD:congrats:

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

If we get hammered, it's time for Zidane. 

Honestly, I think Poch would be the best replacement. But Zidane's track record is tough to argue with. I do think his Madrid for the last 3 years is miles better than United though, so it might be much tougher for him.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Those of us who doubted the Mane decision have pretty much been vindicated by the whole refereeing world in the time since.

You mean, when Mane had his foot six feet off the ground and kicked an opponent square in the head, hospitalising him, and people said it was a controversial red card?

Please don't tell me you think those people are vindicated now. We've already seen multiple red cards given this season for "excessive force" or going over the ball when players have had their feet a couple of inches off the ground and even won the ball.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You mean, when Mane had his foot six feet off the ground and kicked an opponent square in the head, hospitalising him, and people said it was a controversial red card?

Please don't tell me you think those people are vindicated now. We've already seen multiple red cards given this season for "excessive force" or going over the ball when players have had their feet a couple of inches off the ground and even won the ball.

I mean in terms of high boot risky-play situations specifically. 

If the Mane call was the right call, it’s basically the only time I’ve seen a ref get it right as far as I can remember.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Inverted said:

I mean in terms of high boot risky-play situations specifically. 

If the Mane call was the right call, it’s basically the only time I’ve seen a ref get it right as far as I can remember.

Fair. I don't know the exact height of a football but I think if you go into a 50/50 challenge with part of your foot above the top of the ball then you're asking for a red card, but I don't agree that the Mane decision is the only time a red has been given for that.

It is yet another grey area in the football rules though. If two guys go in with their boots at waist height because the ball is off the ground, and one of them unintentionally catches the other, then just because of luck that guy gets a red card and a three match ban and the other guy just gets a kick in the tummy. It's hypocritical.

• The title was changed to Monday 27th August - Man Utd 0-3 Tottenham
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived