talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Monday 27th August - Man Utd 0-3 Tottenham

football forum

I dislike Mourinho and im enjoying these rants from him but the players were pretty poor in today's match. No one can blame mourinho for lukaku's open goal miss or for the defenders passing the ball and giving it away so recklessly... 

However, still, fuck off Mourinho xD

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

United fans often like to trot out the 'Typical ABU' line, what with their quite astonishing collective superiority complex (even still, I know!!) 

This isn't 'Anyone but United' at all, this is the rest of us witnessing another plummet from grace from one of the biggest con artists in football management, a rag-tag collection of massive egos and never-weres bring shame to the most recognisable shirt in world football, and the complete capitulation of the fabled fear factor and respect Manchester United once had. 

This is truly joyous; the schadenfreude I'm experiencing is rupturing my kidneys. Mourinho is finished; United's season probably won't be too far behind him...

• Subscriber

I've calmed down and recollected my thoughts and have decided Manchester United are as good as down. There is no way they will survive. Southampton live on again.

It's hard to enjoy Mourinho's demise at Manchester United. I loved him at Porto, Chelsea, and of course Inter Milan...

However, I have always disliked Manchester United, and him going there seemed like a joke after all the spats he had with Fergie back in the day.

So as I'm torn in this, I can only say Mourinho and Manchester United part ways and Mourinho and rest happily somewhere else. Manchester United can go to hell. 

• Subscriber

I just got home - what a day, what a performance second half.

Truly turned it on. That’s what football is about - no better feeling than going away and winning like that.

Up for work in 4 hours - but no chance I’m sleeping yet.

COYS

Surely United have got to give it giggsy ‘til the end of the season 

3 hours ago, Storts said:

I just got home - what a day, what a performance second half.

Truly turned it on. That’s what football is about - no better feeling than going away and winning like that.

Up for work in 4 hours - but no chance I’m sleeping yet.

COYS

Surely United have got to give it giggsy ‘til the end of the season 

You enjoy carnival then mate?

Spurs have been as impressive as any team so far, although they've not added anyone this summer they do have the advantage of a settled side. If Manchester City do slip up then Spurs have as much chance as any.

Mourinho has to go, they did a deal with the devil and are not getting his side of the bargain.

I think Spurs deserve a lot more credit than they've been getting from a blood thirsty media obsessed with Mourinho. In fact I don't think Daniel Levy recognises just how fortunate he is to have Pochettino as Manager. His positive attitude has been infectous and he's done a brilliant job to get these performances out of players that should be struggling after the world cup.

As for Manchester United, it must be really difficult to support them now. People support Manchester United because they buy in to the ethos of the winning tradition and desire to be the very best. Ed Woodward has turned them in to a corporate cash cow. Winning trophies is an additional bonus but as long as there revenue improves season upon season then there's no concerns. Honestly, I think they'll always settle for top four. How they could not find more signings in the summer when Manchester City walked away with it last season with fifthty million pound full backs is rather telling.

The supporters taking selfies with Lucas Moura after he had just scored two goals against them was really telling of the type of club that Manchester United have become.

and we're only on the THIRD  match day !!!

the mourinho of today is like a sinkhole, he is dragging the club and the players with him.    the United Board should do something about this situation, kick Jose out and get someone else.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

If i had a choice between us winning the title and united getting relegated, it would be a tough one xD

well at least you can't buy a relegation for United so it may mean more :ph34r: 

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Journalists baying for blood and getting exactly what they want. It’s hard to see a way back for Mourinho.

Let’s keep it in perspective though... United finished 2nd last year, and they’ve just lost two on the bounce.... To pull the pin now would be 90% buying into the obvious media narrative herd mentality. The players dont love his football but they are still being him... If they win next week they are back in it.

Fire him now and the club are 100% reacting to the bad press rather than the on pitch results (2 losses).... 

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think Spurs deserve a lot more credit than they've been getting from a blood thirsty media obsessed with Mourinho. In fact I don't think Daniel Levy recognises just how fortunate he is to have Pochettino as Manager. His positive attitude has been infectous and he's done a brilliant job to get these performances out of players that should be struggling after the world cup.

As for Manchester United, it must be really difficult to support them now. People support Manchester United because they buy in to the ethos of the winning tradition and desire to be the very best. Ed Woodward has turned them in to a corporate cash cow. Winning trophies is an additional bonus but as long as there revenue improves season upon season then there's no concerns. Honestly, I think they'll always settle for top four. How they could not find more signings in the summer when Manchester City walked away with it last season with fifthty million pound full backs is rather telling.

The supporters taking selfies with Lucas Moura after he had just scored two goals against them was really telling of the type of club that Manchester United have become.

Honestly dont think they’re content at all, and top 4 will never be good enough for united, nor should it be....

They need to pick the right manager. Key criteria:

1. Has a vision for the football played, not just the results. Ideally a vision that is consistent with the intimidating traditions of the club.

2. Respected, to a point that will be realistically given time by the media

3. Charismatic and likeable, good for the brand but (more importantly) for attracting the talent.

Van Gaal ticked one box. Moyes one. Mourinho none.

Klopp and Poch tick all 3. As does Sarri. Rodgers 2. Howe 2. Simeone 2. Zidane 2.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Honestly dont think they’re content at all, and top 4 will never be good enough for united, nor should it be....

They need to pick the right manager. Key criteria:

1. Has a vision for the football played, not just the results. Ideally a vision that is consistent with the intimidating traditions of the club.

2. Respected, to a point that will be realistically given time by the media

3. Charismatic and likeable, good for the brand but (more importantly) for attracting the talent.

Van Gaal ticked one box. Moyes one. Mourinho none.

Klopp and Poch tick all 3. As does Sarri. Rodgers 2. Howe 2. Simeone 2. Zidane 2.

What you're failing to take in to context is that this is a new regime to the winners you're referring to. It honestly wouldn't surprise if, alongside the limitations of the squad, Alex Ferguson knew that David Gills replacement had differing attributes and therefore made the decision to retire with him. If Ed Woodward had title winning ambitions then they would have gone out and paid what Tottenham wanted for Alderweireld.

I would also argue that Mourinho ticked box 2 & 3 when he arrived. Box 1 was never going to happen. If he wouldn't change for Madrid, he wouldn't change for United.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived