talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Good News Thread....

football forum

Is Life getting you down??? 

Do you wonder when all the madness will end?? 

Tired of reading all the bad news and heartbreak on social media everyday??? 

The injustices, The Crime, The Worldwide Conflicts??? 

The Cruelty, The Environmental Issues??? 

Wonder why you even bother getting out of bed someday's???? 

Is there any hope for any of us anymore??? 

Well... 

Image result for good news everybody gif

There are still people out there around the world digging deep and fighting the tide of adversity.. Sticking up for the weak and defenseless, doing what's right, Sometimes they tread silently doing their good deeds and charity work while others are thrust into the media spotlight, Some acts are heroic but they don't run around wearing capes... People putting others first with little or no thought for themselves.... 

Any stories or tales of Good Deeds, Charity work, Justice being served, Bullies being beat down or any kind of decent acts of kindness or bravery need to be in here big or small... Pets and other animals included

I will start with this because I still remember it... The homeless man with nothing sharing the pizza he was given... A lot of good hearted people sometimes find themselves rock bottom but it does not stop them being kind hearted... 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this video on facebook of a man who saved some 600 kids from Nazi camps and than relocated all of them to new families. He had a diary in which he wrote about all the kids from their past families to the address of their new family. 

That mans grand children took that diary and arranged a reunion contacting each and every kid he saved, all of them now in their 50s 60s and the man was now in his 90s.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

I saw this video on facebook of a man who saved some 600 kids from Nazi camps and than relocated all of them to new families. He had a diary in which he wrote about all the kids from their past families to the address of their new family. 

That mans grand children took that diary and arranged a reunion contacting each and every kid he saved, all of them now in their 50s 60s and the man was now in his 90s.

Think I know which clip you're on about. He had no idea who he was sitting around and they ended up surprising him. 

6 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Was it Nicholas Winton??? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Wow.. just shows what one person can do for the greater good... All the real saviors always seem to be very humble and fly quietly under the radar...  

Yes, an act of kindness does not need public recognition... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

He actually plants the nose on the mountain side.... crazy! fantastic pilot skills

And at the same time makes sure the rotary blade doesn't hit the mountain otherwise they're fucked. 

Unreal skill and control. 

I did enjoy this story this week as well... 

This bloke made a bad mistake thinking he could rob UFC Fighter Polyana Viana and got his arse handed to him on a plate... xD

2zpt7xt.png

”When he saw I saw him, he sat next to me,” Viana recounted. “He asked me the time, I said it, and I saw he wasn’t going to leave. So I already moved to put my cell phone in my waist. And then he said, ‘Give me the phone. Don’t try to react, because I’m armed.’ Then he put his hand over [a gun], but I realized it was too soft.”

”He was really close to me. So I thought, ‘If it’s a gun, he won’t have time to draw it.’ So I stood up. I threw two punches and a kick. He fell, then I caught him in a rear-naked choke. Then I sat him down in the same place we were before and said, ‘Now we’ll wait for the police.’”

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I did enjoy this story this week as well... 

This bloke made a bad mistake thinking he could rob UFC Fighter Polyana Viana and got his arse handed to him on a plate... xD

2zpt7xt.png

”When he saw I saw him, he sat next to me,” Viana recounted. “He asked me the time, I said it, and I saw he wasn’t going to leave. So I already moved to put my cell phone in my waist. And then he said, ‘Give me the phone. Don’t try to react, because I’m armed.’ Then he put his hand over [a gun], but I realized it was too soft.”

”He was really close to me. So I thought, ‘If it’s a gun, he won’t have time to draw it.’ So I stood up. I threw two punches and a kick. He fell, then I caught him in a rear-naked choke. Then I sat him down in the same place we were before and said, ‘Now we’ll wait for the police.’”

I saw Dana White share that. Brilliant stuff. xD

Related image

Image result for sully

Chesley 'Sully' Sullenberger

The Pilot who along with his very calm and very capable crew used all their skill and experience to guide a plane down on the Hudson back on January 15th 2009 saving everyone from what could have been a terrible disaster.. All 155 of them survived the experience.. 

Image result for sully

Ten years later, these are the things that stay with me: the professionalism of the crew and air traffic controllers, the cooperation of passengers, the bravery of the rescuers and first responders, and the enduring love of my family, and I celebrate them every day. #Flight1549

Archived