football forum

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stan said:

What an awesome thing to do by that singer. And what an unjust world we live in where a child has to battle that horrible illness for 4 years! I hope she overcomes it. She's so precious. 😭

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11772327/Man-CURED-HIV-D-sseldorf-patient-virus-free.html

Man is CURED of HIV: 'Düsseldorf patient' becomes third in world to be confirmed free of Aids-causing virus after undergoing risky transplant that simultaneously beat his cancer.

Great news for the Düsseldorf patient, but sadly not a universal solution, in general. Stem cell transplants are brutal and dangerous, so they are only being used in exceptional cases as the very last resort... It often results in Graft vs. Host disease where the newly transplanted T cells view the recipient's cells as foreign and attack and damage them :( 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Great news for the Düsseldorf patient, but sadly not a universal solution, in general. Stem cell transplants are brutal and dangerous, so they are only being used in exceptional cases as the very last resort... It often results in Graft vs. Host disease where the newly transplanted T cells view the recipient's cells as foreign and attack and damage them :( 

Oh, that is not good news at all. :/ 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

"I can't really reach the lock, but I'll have a go." 😭

Pulls at the heartstrings doesn't it. 

Then the worry comes that it goes silent, and all she was doing was opening the door wider for the ambulance :x

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived