talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Blackburn Sign Jack Rodwell

football forum

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/august/rodwell-is-a-rover/ 

Jack Rodwell has signed for Rovers on a short term deal until the end of the season.

Nothing to lose with this deal as it's short term and his wages are very low, a fraction of what they were at Sunderland. I can't believe he is only 27! If, and its a big if, we can keep him pretty fit I am really looking forward to seeing him in a Rovers shirt. It's a fresh start with very little to no expectations. Mowbray has been very good in the transfer market for us so far so I'm hoping this is another well researched transfer which will come off.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Embarrassing that somebody has taken him on.

Disagree. No harm in having him on a very low wage even for a slim chance of him rediscovering an extent of his form that saw him get noticed by Man City.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Disagree. No harm in having him on a very low wage even for a slim chance of him rediscovering an extent of his form that saw him get noticed by Man City.

That's if the Manager can find out where he is. The fact he couldn't be bothered to turn up for weeks at Sunderland is really telling.

It sounds like he will be used more in central defence, a position which he preferred and played more often in when he was a young player. He has all the attributes to do well in that position as I think playing in central midfield the game may pass him by now. The interviews he has done in recent days have been positive and he comes across very well. Only time will tell if this risk pays off but it's a chance worth taking with his form at the start of his career.

Archived