talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FSG Reject Proposed £2bn Bid for Liverpool

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy with FSG. They've got plenty of ambition for the club - sure we don't have the deep pockets of the oil baron clubs - but we've got plenty of cash to spend and comparing the club from when they came in to present day and it's night and day the shape the squad is in. I'd prefer to stick with them than make any change. Look at Milan, sometimes the deep pockets of billionaire owners aren't that deep, because the billionaire owner isn't a billionaire and might not even be a millionaire or some other dodgy shite, and the ownership change might not lead to positive changes at the club.

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

Hi, over here, pick me, pick me

What's the asking price these days?

Newcastle would be an excellent club to buy but I'd expect Ashley to demand so much ££ it would no longer be a good deal...

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Could be the biggest 'My cock's bigger than your cock' contest going.

Would be funnier if they were trying to purchase Manchester United and not Liverpool. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

What's the asking price these days?

Newcastle would be an excellent club to buy but I'd expect Ashley to demand so much ££ it would no longer be a good deal...

Yeah especially if he’s seeing they’ve just bid £2b on another club he’ll be thinking “well alright give us half what you’d give FSG.”

Honestly, I think he’s mental for thinking he’s improved the value of Newcastle in his tenure - they seem much worse off.

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah especially if he’s seeing they’ve just bid £2b on another club he’ll be thinking “well alright give us half what you’d give FSG.”

Honestly, I think he’s mental for thinking he’s improved the value of Newcastle in his tenure - they seem much worse off.

He's the guy who bought a block of flats and sat on it.  did nothing with it while the tenants complained. Then tried to sell it for 5 times what he paid in a market where it should only be worth 3 times what he paid. And he doesn't even deserve that because he was such a prick to his tenants...

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Funny how things change, FSG were the devil a few years back.

Huh? 

They were wet behind the ears to start with regarding transfers etc but they have always been very good commercialy and have also followed through with promises of stadium expansions, training facility upgraded etc. 

They have now got us into a position via setting up an extremely strong network of staff where we can now easily compete at the top table regarding transfers etc, totally self sufficient. 

They have never been 'the devil' as you put it, well, maybe only in @LFCMike's eyes xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

False. Why would anyone have moaned about them last season? 

Not you - you're a happy clapper.

Start of last season there were definitely people still moaning about them.

At the same time I think it's fairly valid - still haven't won anything under them, and league position is pretty stagnant now. Need a big jump this year

25 minutes ago, Storts said:

Not you - you're a happy clapper.

Start of last season there were definitely people still moaning about them.

At the same time I think it's fairly valid - still haven't won anything under them, and league position is pretty stagnant now. Need a big jump this year

We've been to multiple finals under them, including the biggest one of them all. Not FSG's fault that we fell at the last hurdle.

Who was moaning? No reason to moan! Granted FSG aren't Shiek charities handling a play thing but as far as owners go, they are pretty good.

From the point they bought us to now, it's as clear as Crystal how much we have progressed as a club. 

Any numpty can see that. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We've been to multiple finals under them, including the biggest one of them all. Not FSG's fault that we fell at the last hurdle.

Who was moaning? No reason to moan! Granted FSG aren't Shiek charities handling a play thing but as far as owners go, they are pretty good.

From the point they bought us to now, it's as clear as Crystal how much we have progressed as a club. 

Any numpty can see that. 

Well who's fault is it then? You won't blame Klopp, you won't blame the owners? If it's the players then who is bringing these players in? Got to be a reason why they can't take the next step?

Well on here, Mike - but plenty more out there not on here. Just read Page 12 here - Mike's comment, plus Gonzo's excellent post which highlights many of the anti FSG people even last season as I said.

For the record I think your owners are excellent! But that's not the point that was made - you disputed why any one would have moaned about them last season. They did - and playing devil's advocate I can still see why. Even if you and I may not agree

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Well who's fault is it then? You won't blame Klopp, you won't blame the owners? If it's the players then who is bringing these players in? Got to be a reason why they can't take the next step?

Well on here, Mike - but plenty more out there not on here. Just read Page 12 here - Mike's comment, plus Gonzo's excellent post which highlights many of the anti FSG people even last season as I said.

For the record I think your owners are excellent! But that's not the point that was made - you disputed why any one would have moaned about them last season. They did - and playing devil's advocate I can still see why. Even if you and I may not agree

I honestly don't know why anyone would moan, and that's the truth. I, like you, think our owners are excellent as far as owners go, but like nearly all owners, they're not perfect. 

I honestly don't know what else they could do, at this moment in time, that would make the naysayers get on board? 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I honestly don't know why anyone would moan, and that's the truth. I, like you, think our owners are excellent as far as owners go, but like nearly all owners, they're not perfect. 

I honestly don't know what else they could do, at this moment in time, that would make the naysayers get on board? 

Think it's down to the players now - win something and they're vindicated. Until then questions will always be asked about recruitment etc.

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Think it's down to the players now - win something and they're vindicated. Until then questions will always be asked about recruitment etc.

Not really, not when you are competing in competitions against clubs like City and Real Madrid. 

But hey, as I've always said... I'm just enjoying the ride whether we win something or not :D

• Subscriber

I think while there's no expectation that Liverpool have to win something because they aren't the favourites for any of the tournament's they're in, the main difference this season is you can't really point at United and Chelsea and say well we'd have a better chance if we spent as much as them because for this season you have.

My doubts and criticisms over the ownership as recently as last year were perfectly fair. I said in that thread Storts linked to that things had got better since they appointed Klopp (i.e a proper manager with the right people around him and not trying to do things on the cheap) but there were still doubts. Since then, they've gone some way to showing that they are serious about winning with the signings of VVD, Keita and Alisson. I'm satisfied with how things are going now and certainly wouldn't want to risk the stability we have now.

• The title was changed to FSG Reject Proposed £2bn Bid for Liverpool

Archived