talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FSG Reject Proposed £2bn Bid for Liverpool

Interesting detail from Maddock here.

I'm not convinced by this whole "no interest in a full sale" thing. Various reliable journalists have reported things like "the offer wasn't deemed credible" or "proof of funds was requested but never received" which makes me think the idea of selling the club was at least entertained.

I hope they don't sell, personally. I wouldn't swap our owners for any others in the world.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Hi, over here, pick me, pick me

Out of interest would you like Newcastle to be bought out by filthy rich owners and then buy whoever you want?

Unlikely the owners would sell when they have just gone "All In" on winning something for the first time in ages. Close to success, they will want to enjoy bathing in the glory.

Maybe if this season becomes like others n goes Tits up again, something the club has a history of doing these past couple of decades, they may well sell up for a good profit.

I am sure Mike Ashley would love to hear from these guys looking to purchase a club. I wonder if he, or any other purchasable club will?

£2 billion sounds like a lot of money, but back in June, Forbes valued Liverpool at about 3/4 of that, so there not too far off.   The timing doesnt look right for FSG to sell, some people feel that Liverpool could be on the cusp of winning something major, so you would think they would ride it out for another year at least to see what happens trophy wise. If the bid was legit,  FSG could always return to it in a year or two, whether they are successful or not if they do want to sell.

On 24/08/2018 at 10:52, Storts said:

Not even that long ago - remember people moaning about them last season.

The ire was largely down to the proposed hike in ticket prices, which Liverpool fans opposed, walked out of a match and successfully made the owners back down, for now. I expect with expansion again on the agenda for Anfield, there will be a hike and they'll force it through this time and I'd imagine you'll see protests again.

• The title was changed to FSG Reject Proposed £2bn Bid for Liverpool

Archived