talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 11th April - Juventus 3-0 Barcelona

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I'm not a decent person at all, I hope Barça go through although I think it will be extremely difficult for the Spanish side.  Of all the difficult sides left in the tournament Juventus is the most suited to Barça's style of play but they have a fantastic attacking force and are very competent in midfield although not as good as Barça in that area.

Any of the two can go through and any of the two can win it.

7 hours ago, Savvy Xavi said:

I don't think the referee done much wrong in the Barça's away game in Paris.  That was a combination of Barcelona being arrogant and PSG playing the game of their lives.  What we see from the Barcelona based sports press where this referee is concerned, is pressure.

• Subscriber

I'd like Juve to win here and go forward but you can never tell with this Barcelona team. If the same team that was hungry in the second leg of the last game shows up then we'll be in for a great match tonight.

• Administrator

I want Barca to win because it's Barca.

I also want Buffon to win because I want to see a legend like him win a Champions League medal. An honour that someone like him deserves to win. 

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

I want Barca to win because it's Barca.

I also want Buffon to win because I want to see a legend like him win a Champions League medal. An honour that someone like him deserves to win. 

I didn't even think about the fact that Buffon has never won a CL.

2 minutes ago, True Bender said:

Juventus' favourite formation is the 3-5-2, but they can play a very good 4-2-3-1 as well, which means that Barcelona can't play Erique's 4-3-3.

Luis Enrique will play one of only two formations which are the 4-3-3 (typical even before he arrived) or his new 3-4-3 which gives a lot of opportunities to the opposition but has led Barça to rise up the table and lead the goal scoring opportunities in the past two months in Europe.

Both formations require a lot of discipline and 100% commitment from all the players.  Add to that, that it also requires for everyone to be fit and to play the best XI against a great side like Juventus.  That last point isn't available for Luis Enrique which is why for me this tie is unbalanced for either side for varying reasons.  Any of the two can go through and I wouldn't be surprised by a convincing passage for either.

If Juventus weren't such a scumbag football club, then I'd support their passage into winning it if they eliminate Barcelona.  But because they are the Italian epitome of Real Madrid in Spain, I can't but grimace at any lauding of a club so benefitted within their football federation.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Luis Enrique will play one of only two formations which are the 4-3-3 (typical even before he arrived) or his new 3-4-3 ....

I saw Barcelona play this system against Sevilla(3-0) and my first thought was that they used this game as a preparation match for today's clash.

3-4-3 looks like a counter to a 3-5-2.

15 minutes ago, True Bender said:

I saw Barcelona play this system against Sevilla(3-0) and my first thought was that they used this game as a preparation match for today's clash.

3-4-3 looks like a counter to a 3-5-2.

They've played it various times mate and they even implemented it against PSG in the now famous return leg.

The thing is that formations with Luis Enrique are a fallacy due to the fact he has the team changing formation depending on what's occurring with the ball and who's in possession.  He even reverts to 5 at the back at times or five in midfield.  This particular detail has been thrown at him by the Barcelona based sports press saying that he asks too much from a team and that the rigidness in his outlook on tactics drives the players around the bend.

I fancy Barca to edge this tie but away from home if they can get a draw that should put them in a comfortable position. Unless this goes like another 4-0 (PSG) I dont really see Juventus beating Barca over two legs.

Looks solid except Mathieu... Is Alba injured? Alba's pace can bail them out sometimes when they play 3 at the back. Whoever the right winger is for Juventus can toy with the left wing of barcelona

3 minutes ago, Asura said:

Looks solid except Mathieu... Is Alba injured? Alba's pace can bail them out sometimes when they play 3 at the back. Whoever the right winger is for Juventus can toy with the left wing of barcelona

Sandro and Alves are going to have a field day. Just a risky lineup for Barca, like they have nothing to lose. 

• The title was changed to Tuesday 11th April - Juventus 3-0 Barcelona
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived