talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best Sci-Fi movies

football forum

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Please do, and let me know what you think :)

It will take a while though... Currently at Episode II, still have Episode III and then the new sequels + Rogue One to watch xD 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, nudge said:

It will take a while though... Currently at Episode II, still have Episode III and then the new sequels + Rogue One to watch xD 

I wish I could Episode III for the first time again. Rogue One is good, fuck the sequels. 

17 minutes ago, nudge said:

Have you seen Solo yet?

Nope. I'm not too keen, although I'll check it out eventually. I'm waiting for the Obi-Wan Kenobi standalone movie, starring Ewan McGregor :(

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Nope. I'm not too keen, although I'll check it out eventually. I'm waiting for the Obi-Wan Kenobi standalone movie, starring Ewan McGregor :(

Me neither... Han Solo is my favourite Star Wars character, and I'm kind of afraid the spin off will ruin it. Will probably still give it a go though.

When is Obi Wan one coming out?

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

When is Obi Wan one coming out?

Well, it was just wishful thinking. The fans really want a Obi-Wan standalone film with Ewan starring, and Ewan said he'd be happy to do it, but nothing is certain yet. Disney will look into milking the franchise in different ways first, I guess. 

On 24/08/2018 at 21:17, Bluewolf said:

Such a potential long list.... 

Alien, Aliens, The Thing, ( Kurt Russell ) Terminator, Terminator 2 Judgement Day, Dredd, War of The Worlds ( Original ) Predator, Aliens V Predators, Interstellar, Appleseed, Mad Max 1&2, 2001, The Iron Giant

I like a lot of the old Sci Fi films as well, Like Forbidden Planet, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Dark Star, Silent Running

So many more but trying to make them your all time is tough.. 

Dredd is actually one of my favoute film's 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Wait, there is another one without Stallone??? xD 

Yea... xD

It's got Karl Urban in it... Not that you see his face which for any Dredd fan knows is a must... 

Such a difference between the 2 films... both had good and bad points, and I have known the character since 1977 so enjoyed both for different reasons but the 2nd Dredd for me was just about as close to the character as you are going to get... Also got Olivia Thirlby and Lena Headey in it.. I could talk all day and night about Dredds world.. B|

9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea... xD

It's got Karl Urban in it... Not that you see his face which for any Dredd fan knows is a must... 

Such a difference between the 2 films... both had good and bad points, and I have known the character since 1977 so enjoyed both for different reasons but the 2nd Dredd for me was just about as close to the character as you are going to get... Also got Olivia Thirlby and Lena Heady in it.. I could talk all day and night about Dredds world.. B|

One of the massive criticisms of the film was that he took his hat of. How old are you if you have followed judge dredd since 1977?

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah is was shit

Even Stallone said they wasted a good opportunity to do something more with his character... I did enjoy a lot of the film simply because they tried to bring in a lot of the characters from his world and others but because there were so many it was all too rushed... Thank god they are currently invested in 'Mega City One' the series, hopefully Urban will be on board for that as well as he has shown an interest as long as they invest properly in the character.. 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

One of the massive criticisms of the film was that he took his hat of. How old are you if you have followed judge dredd since 1977?

His helmet... not his hat.. xD You can't be the most feared street Judge in the Justice Department and expect to be taken seriously if he tries to take down a perp in a trilby... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 24/08/2018 at 21:17, Bluewolf said:

Such a potential long list.... 

Alien, Aliens, The Thing, ( Kurt Russell ) Terminator, Terminator 2 Judgement Day, Dredd, War of The Worlds ( Original ) Predator, Aliens V Predators, Interstellar, Appleseed, Mad Max 1&2, 2001, The Iron Giant

I like a lot of the old Sci Fi films as well, Like Forbidden Planet, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Dark Star, Silent Running

So many more but trying to make them your all time is tough.. 

Nice list. 

I love the Alien Films... mostly.

• Subscriber

This is a long list lets go off the top of my head, most have been mentioned here.

In no particular order:

Inception

Dredd (remake w Karl Urban)

Predestination

Star Ship Troopers (the original, so bad its good)

Event Horizon (sci fi horror, scarred my childhood)

Predator

Alien movies

Interstellar

District 9

Arrival

Serenity

The Matrix

Minority Report

Star Wars

• 2 years later...
  • Subscriber
On 03/09/2018 at 15:48, Tommy said:

Nobody agreeing with me here? Lunatics! :P I've re-watched that movie yesterday. Soooo good. Sarah Snook and Ethan Hawke are incredible in this. 

Will be watching it tomorrow night. Better late than never :ph34r:

On 13/09/2018 at 18:14, Viva la FCB said:

Arrival

Just finished watching it. What a great movie.

• Subscriber

So many good movies already in here. Here's a list of movies I'd watch again.

1. Robocop (The original). I'd laughably add part 2 in here as well just because the antagonist at the end is one of the better villains in the series.
  2. The Thing 
  3. Alien/Aliens. Anything after is just icing on the cake and I hear they are circling around for part 5 now.
  4. Terminator
  5. Blade Runner
  6. The Martian
  7. Primer - Time travel just fascinates me in general
  8. Looper
  9. Children of Men
  10. Ex Machina

I also watched that weird Russian movie Sputnik and it held itself together so well till it got to the later parts then it just turned from Sci-Fi to pure horror. 

On 03/09/2018 at 18:39, Tommy said:

Well, it was just wishful thinking. The fans really want a Obi-Wan standalone film with Ewan starring, and Ewan said he'd be happy to do it, but nothing is certain yet. Disney will look into milking the franchise in different ways first, I guess. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8466564/

What a visionary. 

• Subscriber

Alien films

Predator 1 and 2

Matrix films 

The Thing

Inception 

Ive never seen Star Wars. I do slightly recall watching one with my Dad when it came out in 2005, but I clearly didn’t pay any interest. xD

Am I missing out? 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Ive never seen Star Wars. I do slightly recall watching one with my Dad when it came out in 2005, but I clearly didn’t pay any interest. xD

Am I missing out? 

:o 

Yes, at least when it comes to the original trilogy! The prequels were important for the backstory of certain events and characters, but those aren't very good movies, objectively. The new sequels were largely a disappointment, although I enjoyed the very last one. Then you also have Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, that was a very good movie too. Solo: A Star Wars Story is another enjoyable one. Then you have The Mandalorian, a live-action series in the Star Wars Universe, which technically can be watched as a standalone show, but a lot will be lost if you're not aware of the characters and events in the Star Wars Universe. All in all, the original trilogy is a must-watch.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

:o 

Yes, at least when it comes to the original trilogy! The prequels were important for the backstory of certain events and characters, but those aren't very good movies, objectively. The new sequels were largely a disappointment, although I enjoyed the very last one. Then you also have Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, that was a very good movie too. Solo: A Star Wars Story is another enjoyable one. Then you have The Mandalorian, a live-action series in the Star Wars Universe, which technically can be watched as a standalone show, but a lot will be lost if you're not aware of the characters and events in the Star Wars Universe. All in all, the original trilogy is a must-watch.

Thanks! I think I might eventually start watching them. 

Would you watch in the order they were released or in chronological order?

One of my best friends can’t believe I’ve never watched them, he’s obsessed!

Archived