talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manuel Pellegrini Compares Jack Wilshere to Andrea Pirlo

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Pellegrini can get the best out of Wilshere but I think the potential that was seen years ago will probably be just that.

But still a fit and on form Wilshere is much better for England than some of our reserve options.

54 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well to be fair he is right. They do share similar characteristics. Just like a $1 wine and $10,000 wine, we know they are both the same thing but one is obviously superior.

This. Comparisons can be very vague. 

Most people assume that when comparing 2 players they are talking about them being at a similar level footballistically but this mentality pisses me off.

For example, UTC's Donald Millan reminds me a lot of Juan Roman Riquelme and I say this all the time. Sometimes I get laughed off because they "Riquelme is a lot better" when I was really just comparing styles. Both are Enganche's and play similarly but that doesn't mean I think he's at Riquelme's level. 

Their style of play is similar. Don't think Pellegrini was suggesting Wilshere's as good as Pirlo so the only issue here is that the people that look for any reason for banter on twitter are quite thick.

Jack Wilshire honestly might be the most overrated player I’ve ever seen in my life.

Pirlo was probably the best deep lying playmaker in football, if not the best - definitely one of the best, and demonstrated it consistently year after year.

Wilshire’s got a decent range of passing and they’re both midfielders, and I think that’s where the similarities are. But he’s nothing like the consistent match tempo setting playmaker Pirlo was and he never will be.

There was a good period of several years when nobody spoke about Pirlo and then he joined Juve; which then caused everyone to collectively circle-jerk over him for the rest of his career. Jack Wilshere had one good game and created a career from that.

34 minutes ago, Spike said:

There was a good period of several years when nobody spoke about Pirlo and then he joined Juve; which then caused everyone to collectively circle-jerk over him for the rest of his career. Jack Wilshere had one good game and created a career from that.

Anyone who didn’t rate Pirlo at AC Milan is a fucking moron. His time at Milan was the best period of his career.

Archived