talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hugo Lloris in Drink Drive Disgrace

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Interesting to see whether Spurs take morals into account and sack him, or whether this will be brushed under the carpet. 

Sadly, we all know which option they'll take.

An employer can't simply dismiss someone because they've been charged with this offence. 

35 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Interesting to see whether Spurs take morals into account and sack him, or whether this will be brushed under the carpet. 

Sadly, we all know which option they'll take.

Doubt it and it would be a tad harsh... don't agree with it obviously and understand that he has been stripped of the captaincy for starters.. I am sure they will slap him with something more hefty after looking into it... probably get tons of shit at the game today as well for his troubles... 

12 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

An employer can't simply dismiss someone because they've been charged with this offence. 

It led to the end of David Bentley at Spurs when he got done for drink driving and he was their record signing at the time. 

If you cannot hurt a player in the wallet, or cannot imprison them due to their profile, they should be at least making them work community service to make them understand they aren't untouchable.

I'd make them work with these groups/campaigns set up to raise awareness against drink driving, and let him meet families whose lives have been shattered as a result. Then it might fucking sink home.

13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

or cannot imprison them due to their profile

You can certainly make them do time.  They did it to Tony Adams back in the day and he was an England international that had even captained his country.

4 hours ago, Panna King said:

It led to the end of David Bentley at Spurs when he got done for drink driving and he was their record signing at the time. 

Not entirely the same circumstances as he was struggling in his career on the field.

I think dropping Lloris entirely would be harsh for a first offense of drunk driving. He should be fined and learn from the mistake to avoid doing this in the future. 

1 minute ago, EastSixth said:

Not entirely the same circumstances as he was struggling in his career on the field.

I think dropping Lloris entirely would be harsh for a first offense of drunk driving. He should be fined and learn from the mistake to avoid doing this in the future. 

Shouldn't really matter how they are performing, its the example they are setting while employed at the club, as some work places you would lose your job for this offence or as Sirbalon said some previous players have been jailed,  plus  why can't someone on 100k a week get a taxi.

• Administrator

18 hours ago, Marc said:

He’s got more points than Arsenal this season

18 hours ago, Storts said:

:hh:

lol

On 22/08/2018 at 02:14, Danny said:

Someone tweeted that Brentford have more stadiums than QPR have points 😂

On 22/08/2018 at 10:00, Storts said:

I saw you retweet that - but it's just a rip off of what had been going round for days about Spurs and Arsenal.

Either way it's stupid because even just having one stadium is more than they have points, so not really sure the 'joke' is funny when they're on 0 points

Archived