talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 12th April - Atletico Madrid 1-0 Leicester

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That is strange...  Certainly not like Simeone.  What could've occurred?

No idea. 

When asked about in in post match interview, his answer was 'no'.

So weird. Didn't even see anything happen on the bench during or after the match. Our fitness coach got sent to the stands for apparently giving energy sachets to our players. Not sure if that's anything to do with it but regardless there's nothing wrong with that! 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Apparently Simeone didn't shake Shakespeare's hand at the end of the game. Odd. 

Actually quite liked Simeone before today's game but his gesticulating for players to be booked and not being courteous enough to another manager is so childish. Would love to know why he didn't shake his hand. 

He didn't shake his hand because the guy died centuries ago. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

No idea. 

When asked about in in post match interview, his answer was 'no'.

So weird. Didn't even see anything happen on the bench during or after the match. Our fitness coach got sent to the stands for apparently giving energy sachets to our players. Not sure if that's anything to do with it but regardless there's nothing wrong with that! 

It hasn't been referred to by Spanish journalists just yet but if it is I'll post something.

As for the gesticulating...  He done it as a player and he has always been doing it as a coach too.

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Imagine the scenes on here if Leicester beat Atletico in the King Power and go throughxD.

I'll congratulate Teso on a good game. May even vote for him to be member of the month. 

Obviously anything can happen in football but Atlético Madrid is no Sevilla.  Diego Simeone is an expert at this and as I've constantly said he prefers playing at home first and also remember this...  He would've been happy with a 0-0 yesterday at the Vicente Calderón.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Obviously anything can happen in football but Atlético Madrid is no Sevilla.  Diego Simeone is an expert at this and as I've constantly said he prefers playing at home first and also remember this...  He would've been happy with a 0-0 yesterday at the Vicente Calderón.

Maybe then he would have shaken Shakespeare's hand. He wasn't happy they won xDxD

Just now, Stan said:

Maybe then he would have shaken Shakespeare's hand. He wasn't happy they won xDxD

Still nobody's spoken about that.  My brother lives in Madrid and is an Atleti fan...  I mentioned this to him, he didn't know that it had happened and he was also bemused as to why Simeone wouldn't have wanted to shake his hand.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 12th April - Atletico Madrid 1-0 Leicester
  • The topic was unpinned

That's beyond poor. 

Thought Leicester did okay on the night though, the foul was outside the box so shouldn't have been a penalty and they held on well. Still highly unlikely they'll go through but they've given themselves a chance.

• Subscriber
On 4/12/2017 at 9:45 PM, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Chill Stan xD atletico dominated the game plain and simple. LcFc was lucky they drew the team that scores a goal and sits back and toys with the other team, if it would been bayern, juventus, or RM, the final score would of been 5-0. 

You're like people who ask for a second referendum because they didn't get the result they wanted. I predicted Sevilla to twat Leicester, but it doesn't matter that I was horribly wrong because Atletico will batter them 3-0, but it doesn't matter that I was wrong (again) because they would have lost 5-0 if they had drawn someone else.

Just face those cold hard facts that you'll never feel the highs from this game that I have done. That's something you can't ever top no matter how much you pretend to support Man Utd.

• Subscriber

Pointless to throw these stats up to bash Vardy. Who is he going to pass to when he's got no support all game?

Atletico have nullified the absolute best of the best. No shame at all in the result, don't think we defended badly at all personally, conceded to a non-penalty and didn't get forced into many saves. Saying that, Oblak wasn't challenged once, which is disappointing. Atletico probably ought to have gone for more, but they've gotten the win and not conceded an away goal so they're in a very good position - although at just 1-0, we aren't out of it.

No surprise at all with the gamesmanship, hold UEFA to account for failing to ever clamp down on it, Atletico do everything they can to get the result they want - I have no issue with us doing similar. I'd be fine with us cheating our way into the semis. No-one at this level can take the moral highground for cheating. Swings and roundabouts like I said after the Sevilla game. Cheats prosper at this level. The authorities are the ones who have allowed their sport to descend into this farce.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I don't know, he passed it back to Oblak a few times :ph34r:.

xD to be honest I don't even remember that.

I'll hold my hands up and admit I got it massively wrong saying I hoped I wanted these. Thought they looked like they were wobbling a bit this season, but they shut us out with complete ease - Sevilla couldn't even do that when we were at our worst.

I reckon these or Juventus win the trophy this year.

Archived