talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 12th April - Bayern Munich 1-2 Real Madrid

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ingolstadt and Frankfurt managed to create 6 must-score chances each against Bayern. Even Arsenal created many chances in the first half of their 2nd leg. Alonso is simply not fast enough to help out in many situations. Real will have some opportunities where they can run at Bayern's defensive line with full pace. 

It all depends on Boateng and Neuer in my opinion. I'm not sure about Boateng's shape. He might lack match practise and fitness. With Neuer it looks even worse, he's still using crutches.

37 minutes ago, True Bender said:

Ingolstadt and Frankfurt managed to create 6 must-score chances each against Bayern. Even Arsenal created many chances in the first half of their 2nd leg. Alonso is simply not fast enough to help out in many situations. Real will have some opportunities where they can run at Bayern's defensive line with full pace. 

It all depends on Boateng and Neuer in my opinion. I'm not sure about Boateng's shape. He might lack match practise and fitness. With Neuer it looks even worse, he's still using crutches.

On the other hand, have you seen Real Madrid play in recent times or just take it back a few days to the game against Alavés at the Santiago Bernabéu?  Yeah they won 3-0, but that scoreline has nothing to do with what would've (not could've) happened against a different side with more quality.

For me Bayern have no excuses in this tie.  They should be going through with relative ease because anything else will be a shock.

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Lewandoski vs Ramos will be a comedy show 

The thing is that if it's close, then Ramos vs some of their defenders will be something to look out for.

Honestly...  The more I think about it the more I can't see anything other than a comfortable Bayern passage to the semis.  I know Bayern Munich aren't playing like seasons gone past and they have some issues themselves, but they are by far the better "team" of the two.

For me the highlight in the game has nothing to do with player matchups.  It's all about Ancelotti Vs Zidane.

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The thing is that if it's close, then Ramos vs some of their defenders will be something to look out for.

Honestly...  The more I think about it the more I can't see anything other than a comfortable Bayern passage to the semis.  I know Bayern Munich aren't playing like seasons gone past and they have some issues themselves, but they are by far the better "team" of the two.

For me the highlight in the game has nothing to do with player matchups.  It's all about Ancelotti Vs Zidane.

In 2014 Bayern "was the better team", too. At least before the match...

Only Thiago was missing and Lewi was still playing for us. Real was physically in perfect shape, but otherwise nothing was looking great for them. They needed all the luck in the world to advance against us and had problems to dominate possession all season long. Hence Bayern controlled the game 90% of its duration, had all the possession you can imagine, but they lost 5-0 on aggregate.

2 minutes ago, True Bender said:

Lewi was still playing for us

O.o

On a serious note...  Yeah, I remember that well and I thought beforehand Bayern would win that one overall.  But this time Real have serious serious problems with their football and they've been winning down to various factors one being their effectivity in front of goal.  They haven't really faced anyone of note since Sevilla in La Liga a month ago when the Andalusians were on form back then.

If Thiago has his night the Real midfield won't cope.

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

O.o

On a serious note...  Yeah, I remember that well and I thought beforehand Bayern would win that one overall.  But this time Real have serious serious problems with their football and they've been winning down to various factors one being their effectivity in front of goal.  They haven't really faced anyone of note since Sevilla in La Liga a month ago when the Andalusians were on form back then.

Real's midfield didn't cope in 2014 either. What if they park the bus again? It's sad but solid bus parking and effectivity is enough sometimes. One part of me wants Bayern to get hammered, but another part can't stand it when anti-football wins over football. Bayern can go out, but not if Real will park the bus. They can go out against Juventus for example.

7 minutes ago, True Bender said:

Real's midfield didn't cope in 2014 either. What if they park the bus again? It's sad but solid bus parking and effectivity is enough sometimes. One part of me wants Bayern to get hammered, but another part can't stand it when anti-football wins over football. Bayern can go out, but not if Real will park the bus, they can go out against Juventus for example.

This particular Real side doesn't know how to park the bus and they haven't got the players to do so at the back.  Carvajal is their best defender by a million miles and he's a fullback.  Their only hope lies in the potential of the trio in midfield with Modrić, Kroos and Casemiro who would do the "donkey" work.  If that trio can cover their problems at the back while managing to dominate in midfield so as to provide for the front players, then Bayern will find it difficult.  What's for sure is that Real will play on what they know which is to wait for an error in midfield and then pounce at pace hoping to catch the Bayern backline out of position.

All of this is why I said that what we have to watch are the two coaches because Ancelotti knows EVERYTHING there is to know about how Real attack (they only know one way unless they play Isco and I don't think Zidane will risk that type of improvised open play).  The story will be resolved on if Ancelotti can condition his players to play according to Real Madrid and forget what they usually play at in the Bundesliga.

52 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Did you know that a few hours ago Ancelotti lost against Hoffenheim's 29-years-old coach Julian Nagelsmann? :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

To be fair Bayern were only playing their B-team except for Lewi, Hummels and a few other exceptions. However Nagelsmann seems to be the greatest coaching talent, if you wanna call it that. You should watch the match if you can. Some very good football. 

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

O.o

Thiago has had his way most of this season, i dont think Real's midfield stands much of a chance. As Bender pointed out the one glaring weakness is through Alonso but having said that Vidal and Thiago have covered him quite well. 

14 minutes ago, True Bender said:

Did you know that a few hours ago Ancelotti lost against Hoffenheim's 29-years-old coach Julian Nagelsmann? :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

To be fair Bayern were only playing their B-team except for Lewi, Hummels and a few other exceptions. However Nagelsmann seems to be the greatest coaching talent, if you wanna call it that. You should watch the match if you can. Some very good football. 

Yeah, there was an article on a Spanish sports newspaper the other day about Julian Nagelsmann.  Apparently his football is quite refreshing...

I haven't seen anything of Hoffenheim this season but I'll give it a watch tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Thiago has had his way most of this season, i dont think Real's midfield stands much of a chance. As Bender pointed out the one glaring weakness is through Alonso but having said that Vidal and Thiago have covered him quite well. 

Alonso's passing could be telling though when Real try their customary raids forward.

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I went to church today and asked for a 20-0 to Bayern. So even if he doesn't give me all of the goals I'll take a few. 

Shame on you!!!

I'd have asked for 50-0 considering its the season of Lent leading up to Easter.

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Shame on you!!!

I'd have asked for 50-0 considering its the season of Lent leading up to Easter.

You're right mate!  I'm bathing in Holy Water as I speak for my sins!! Surely the Gods will now punish me for my humility and conservative approach to begging. xD

27 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ancelotti has said we wont risk Lewy if hes in pain... there where reports of him ready to take pain killers, guess that means hes playing B|

To be honest, if it's true he is in pain enough to take pain killers then he's selfish to demand to play. The most important thing is to be balanced in this tie and it's in Beyerns hands. Anything else and it's playing with ten men with a stump waiting for an opportunity. 

• The title was changed to Wednesday 12th April - Bayern Munich 1-2 Real Madrid
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived