talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 12th April - Bayern Munich 1-2 Real Madrid

1 minute ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Ronaldo becomes the first player to score 100 goals in european club competitions. Thats football, not collective. 

50 of those goals are because he turned into a goalhanger.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, noelcwt said:

Still an impressive feat nonetheless.

messi-ronaldo-race-to-100-goals-ps_12h49c4j43br4z9e5sitzfkh6.png

First of all, Messi's goal rate is even more impressive considering he isn't even a striker which is what Cristiano has been for a long time now and it's a lot easier to score hanging off the shoulder.  Another thing is the amount of penalties involved in all of that and thirdly, the comparisons as a FOOTBALLER are hilarious because if anything Messi is the pure footballer of the two and I won't even go into that because anyone that knows about football will understand what I'm talking about.

Cristiano Ronaldo lives off goals while Messi lives from playing football.

I can't believe I've let myself get into this ridiculous age old debate that's only useful for fanboys.  Just check out what past and present professionals have to say about it all that haven't been connected to either club or their respective countries.

Just now, SirBalon said:

First of all, Messi's goal rate is even more impressive considering he isn't even a striker which is what Cristiano has been for a long time now and it's a lot easier to score hanging off the shoulder.  Another thing is the amount of penalties involved in all of that and thirdly, the comparisons as a FOOTBALLER are hilarious because if anything Messi is the pure footballer of the two and I won't even go into that because anyone that knows about football will understand what I'm talking about.

Cristiano Ronaldo lives off goals while Messi lives from playing football.

I can't believe I've let myself get into this ridiculous age old debate that's only useful for fanboys.  Just check out what past and present professionals have to say about it all that haven't been connected to either club or their respective countries.

I don't know what you are on about. I never said Ronaldo is the better footballer. Just pointing out stats that he scored the same amount of penalties as Messi did.

They are both not even the same type of player, why compare them? I am not a Ronaldo fan boy, but the stick he gets is ridiculous. He wasn't even a proper striker earlier in his Madrid's career, but how many real strikers has even half his stats? He is impressive in his own way whether you like it or not.

Just now, noelcwt said:

I don't know what you are on about. I never said Ronaldo is the better footballer. Just pointing out stats that he scored the same amount of penalties as Messi did.

They are both not even the same type of player, why compare them? I am not a Ronaldo fan boy, but the stick he gets is ridiculous. He wasn't even a proper striker earlier in his Madrid's career, but how many real strikers has even half his stats? He is impressive in his own way whether you like it or not.

Mate...  Even if we go on goal scoring stats which is what Cristiano relies on for half of his career, he hasn't even got the Spanish all time top scorer record.

Aside from my fanboy stat there, Cristiano has been absolute garbage this season and he suddenly scores two goals and is god's gift.  He's actually been terrible this year and in the Madrid press he is the constant object of debate whether he should play or not.

4 minutes ago, noelcwt said:

he scored the same amount of penalties as Messi did.

Oh...  And when people go on about the penalties scored, they're not talking about a season.

I'm not getting at you...  I'm just saying there's no defence and no point at looking at goals scored stats to find out who is the better footballer which is the reason I pulled Tesso up.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Mate...  Even if we go on goal scoring stats which is what Cristiano relies on for half of his career, he hasn't even got the Spanish all time top scorer record.

Aside from my fanboy stat there, Cristiano has been absolute garbage this season and he suddenly scores two goals and is god's gift.  He's actually been terrible this year and in the Madrid press he is the constant object of debate whether he should play or not.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Oh...  And when people go on about the penalties scored, they're not talking about a season.

I'm not getting at you...  I'm just saying there's no defence and no point at looking at goals scored stats to find out who is the better footballer which is the reason I pulled Tesso up.

I think Ronaldo has a pretty good record considering that he is not an all out attacker until his 2nd or 3rd season with us, and he has only been with us for 8 seasons? 

I won't say he is garbage, but he has not been on his usual standard this season, not even close. So is Bale and Benzema. The stand out players have been Modric, Kroos, Ramos, Carvajal and Marcelo. 

I think most people agree that Messi is the superior footballer, but Ronaldo is the complete goal scoring machine. I wouldn't even bother arguing that point.

Like Cicero mentioned earlier, Ronaldo should just play as a striker. He lose the ball 6/7 out of 10 times whenever he try to take on players.

1 minute ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Messi fanboys are the worst. Messi lives off football  xD you mean tiki taka which is code word for short back and forth unnecessary passes that made barca's game boring. 

All fanboys are stupid.  Trying to ascertain which type of fanboy has more credentials is like looking into history to find which court jester was the most intelligent.

I just don't like stupid remarks off the cuff with absolutely no basis for logic.  This is football, not the NBA.

Just now, SirBalon said:

He is exactly that!  A PURE 9 since two years.

I think Ronaldo has a pretty good record considering that he is not an all out attacker until his 2nd or 3rd season with us, and he has only been with us for 8 seasons? 

Mate, I think you are missing your specs xD In his first season there was Raul, then Higuain and Benzema always play as the number 9. He only move further up later in his career.

Just now, noelcwt said:

Mate, I think you are missing your specs xD In his first season there was Raul, then Higuain and Benzema always play as the number 9. He only move further up later in his career.

Benzema plays off Cristiano these days because Cristiano is the 9.  Like I said, in the Madrid press he is the constant subject of whether he should play or not because apparently the team play better without him.  That's not me saying it, it's them although I agree.

Where Cristiano has become more limited and subjected his game to moving less right at the top of the field, Messi has evolved and become an all round player and STILL continue to rival anyone anywhere with goals scored which isn't his thing but because he's so good, he just seems to do that too.

Just now, True Bender said:

A Messi-Vs-Ronaldo discussion, really guys?!?

I know! xD

But I'm actually enjoying it this time for some reason.  It's the hold some have on a ghost story for some reason.  Put it this way, Neither of the two have been the best players in Spain this season so far.

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Honestly mate...  I'd get it if you were anti all three sides, but why hate Bayern and Barça (especially as I sense a real Barça hatred) over Real Madrid?

Bayern as I mostly follow the Bundesliga, so it's just expected and natural to not like them. 

Barca is because people them to absolutely think they can do no wrong. I don't particularly care for Real, but I've always like them more than Barca. As i slowly pick a La Liga side and try to watch the league, I'm sure I won't like either. 

6 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Neither Luis Suarez, nor Lewandowski, Higuain, Mbappe, Benzema or even Kane. Cristiano Ronaldo is the best centre forward in the world

@GuillemBalague

i dont get all the hate Ronaldo gets.

Nobody has shown any hate though? In fact everyone has acknowledged he's a great player. 

We don't all suck his plums like you though. 

12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

@The Artful Dodger, +1. It's utterly tedious how every time Messi or Ronaldo have a good game the bummer-boys start to draw comparisons.

Obviously the eternal Messi v Cristiano Ronaldo comparisons by fanboys are infamous and never ending until both or one of them hangs up his boots or goes into exile at any of the various $$$ leagues.  But to be honest, m this is a big part of the new face of football mate.  It's to a different level in other parts, but fans now idolise players as much as football clubs if not more. Yeah, fans have always taken their best players to their hearts and hope has always been put at those player's feet most matchdays.  Maybe infact it's all down to the phenomenon of the internet boom and your social networks with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc... etc...  I don't know.

But it is tedious and it's easy to get drawn into it at certain moments because it's uncalled for to draw that up.  It's like some are waiting to pounce on the slightest moment and ignoring the whole picture.  Anyway...  This is a part of football now and it's only going to get worse.

I didn't expect Real to win it after that first half. Bayern looked much more confident, but lost all of it after Vidal kicked that penalty back to his home country.

Bayern have Neuer to thank that they're still in this. They looked dreadful in the second half.

If Real don't screw this up, they have a very good chance at becoming the first team to win 2 consecutive CL titles, looking at what other teams have the biggest chance of progressing to the semi-finals.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 12th April - Bayern Munich 1-2 Real Madrid
  • The topic was unpinned

Ronaldo is unstoppable on the off the ball move and his awareness and intelligence in the box is 2nd to none. I can see him become an Ibrahimovic type of player. A Man United comeback would be nice to see. Not likely but...

Real will probably go on and win the double now I think. They don't look anything special in the way they play but getting results is all that matters and they certainly know how to get the results they need. I also think they will comfortably win the clasico now as any strong side in Europe could tonk this Barcelona side at home currently.

Archived