talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa del Rey Final 2019: FC BARCELONA 1-2 VALENCIA CF

football forum

8 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Dembele is really showing his quality now. I always had faith he would do as he is a highly talented young player.

It was a good comeback as it could quite easily have ended in elimination last night after Levante's 2-1 win in the first leg.

Messi also decisive as he has been in pretty much every game he's started this season.

Nice to see Dembouz doing well. He´s an amazing talent. 

And my boy Arthur is looking really good as well. :)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Arthur was class last night and it's impressive just how quickly he has settled into life in Barcelona. Imagine how he could be playing in 2 or 3 years time?

Coutinho was also much better last night and played with much more confidence after scoring the penalty.

Busquets is also in ridiculous form lately.

4 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Coutinho is brutal. No fight, absolutely nothing to show for. Malcom at least is trying, Messi should come in for Coutinho. 

He doesn't close down, doesn't run and chooses the wrong option often. He's reminds me of Cesc when at Barcelona in many ways and is certainly not showing enough to warrant starting over Dembele when the Frenchman returns.

Malcom is trying hard, but you can tell he is lacking sharpness due to not playing enough. If he played more, you could see him being a very good option. I like him myself, he just doesn't get enough chances.

Semedo is easily the best right back at the club.

Bring Messi on.

• Administrator

Still unsure as to what Alba got booked for but Malcom did very well to keep his composure there. Found the small gap in the Madrid players in front of him to score. Good effort by Suarez in the lead up to it as well.

Messi on...

Some observations regarding this El Clásico:

- Piqué was in my opinion the MOTM. Really solid today; 

- Solari´s Real Madrid passed the test. They´re strong. Real was very well positioned and dominated the 1st half; 

- Semedo is excellent and there shouldn´t be a debate about who´s the starter in the RB; 

- Malcom should be ahead of Coutinho in the pecking order, he and Aleña deserve more chances until Dembélé returns;

- Arthur had a tough 1st half, but he was really good in the 2nd half. Modric couldn´t find him;

-  Realy liked Vinícus Jr. He will make mistakes, but that´s natural, he´s only 18. He deserves to be part of the Brazil´s Copa América squad.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

- Solari´s Real Madrid passed the test. They´re strong. Real was very well positioned and dominated the 1st half; 

- Semedo is excellent and there shouldn´t be a debate about who´s the starter in the RB; 

- Malcom should be ahead of Coutinho in the pecking order, he and Aleña deserve more chances until Dembélé returns;

-  Realy liked Vinícus Jr. He will make mistakes, but that´s natural, he´s only 18. He deserves to be part of the Brazil´s Copa América squad.

Agree with all of those, especially Pique, Solari and Malcom observations. Pique was blocking everything and was in the right place for almost the entire match whenever required. Thought Real were very well organised and nullified Barca when needed. I can't recall too many clear-cut or golden opportunities for Barca and that says a lot about Real's tactics and solidity.

Malcom constantly breathes life in to the side with his direct attacking play. Took the goal well but plays with such freedom as well which is nice to see.

Think most who watch Barca even with an ounce of regularity can see Semedo is best suited to the right-back position.

19 hours ago, El Profesor said:

- Arthur had a tough 1st half, but he was really good in the 2nd half. Modric couldn´t find him;

Pique has surprisingly been brilliant lately, although I always refrain from praising him due to the fact  that he's prone to making errors in the most important moments after playing so well.

If Malcom hadn't been lacking sharpness in the first half, then this may have been a different result.

Semedo is class, he'd be one of the first names on the team sheet if I was manager.

For as questionable as some of the signings have been over the years, there have also been some brilliant ones of players who all have years ahead of them such as Ter Stegen, Umtiti, Semedo and now Arthur and Lenglet, who makes mistakes but has been largely solid as of late. I also see the sense more and more when it comes to the Vidal signing. He offers that added experience and is a very different option to the rest. You need players like this to compliment a squad.

Vinícus Jr. is playing like a man who is older than 18 and looks set to become a future star. He's been very impressive for his age this season and can only get better and better. Real Madrid have a cracking young player there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived