Copa del Rey Final 2019: FC BARCELONA 1-2 VALENCIA CF

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Osasuna, Deportivo, Las Palmas and Malaga exiting the competition early doors. Should we be surprised @SirBalon? Do teams like those take it seriously at this stage?

I took it on this season from the 3rd round of the Copa del Rey.

In the early rounds you have the regional clubs that do take it seriously because promotion from the regional divisions is a complicated business and extremely difficult. But clubs from the top three divisions have straight forward top three promotions with the play-offs like we have in England. Those top three divisions unless they get to the rounds where the first division (La Liga) teams are subsequently included, then until that point they tend to play weakened teams. 

12 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

I like the FA cup way better than the Copa del ray. The two legged ties makes the tournament less exiciting for me.

I agree and so do the majority of Spaniards. From what I understand the format will be changed next season to a full on one legged tie.

It’s the smaller clubs that want it this way with two legs because it generates more revenue for them especially when they meet the La Liga boys. 

20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I agree and so do the majority of Spaniards. From what I understand the format will be changed next season to a full on one legged tie.

It’s the smaller clubs that want it this way with two legs because it generates more revenue for them especially when they meet the La Liga boys. 

Can't the replay system work in Spain ? 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Tuesday 4th December
(First leg scores in aggregate)
Getafe vs Cordoba (2-1), 18.30
Valencia vs Ebro (2-1), 18.30
Rayo Vallecano vs Leganes (2-2), 19.30
Espanyol vs Cadiz (1-2), 20.30

Wednesday 5th December
Atletico Madrid vs Sant Andreu (1-0), 18.30
Girona vs Alaves (2-2), 18.30
Real Sociedad vs Celta Vigo (1-1), 19.30
Sevilla vs Villanovense (0-0), 19.30
Villarreal vs Almeria (3-3), 19.30
Barcelona vs Cultural Leonesa (1-0), 20.30
Real Valladoli vs Mallorca (2-1), 20.30

Thursday 6th December
Levante vs Lugo (1-1), 11.00
Real Madrid vs Melilla (4-0), 15.15
Eibar vs Sporting Gijon (0-2), 17.30
Huesca vs Athletic Bilbao (0-4), 17.30
Real Betis vs Racing Santander (1-0), 19.45

5 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

So after the first leg of 3-3, Villarreal make it 11-3 on aggregate with an 8-0 win! O.o

Atlético Madrid suffered quite a bit against Sant Andreu in the first leg too (like Villarreal in their respective first leg) and they were extremely convincing in their 4-0 win yesterday.  That's the thing with cup football and all of its permutations associated with luck and how you feel on any given day.

• 1 month later...

Dembele is really showing his quality now. I always had faith he would do as he is a highly talented young player.

It was a good comeback as it could quite easily have ended in elimination last night after Levante's 2-1 win in the first leg.

Messi also decisive as he has been in pretty much every game he's started this season.

9 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Dembele is really showing his quality now. I always had faith he would do as he is a highly talented young player.

It was a good comeback as it could quite easily have ended in elimination last night after Levante's 2-1 win in the first leg.

Messi also decisive as he has been in pretty much every game he's started this season.

Barcelona genuinely doesn't know what to do with him. He's unprofessional but he delivers.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived