The better place to talk football.

Copa del Rey Final 2019: FC BARCELONA 1-2 VALENCIA CF

football forum

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Come on Valencia, keep out the oil club

Barcelona hasn't got an owner. It gets its money from its members and sponsors. Think you've mistaken thread and subforum.

30 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

If it wasn't for walking the league, Valverde would he under serious pressure. As it is I think he'll get another year. 

If it weren’t for Messi, Valverde would already be sacked. 

Limited manager as the genius looking to save him again. 

25 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Sponsors including Qatar Airways. Vile club. 

How many clubs have had Gulf sponsors?

That's not fair at all and has nothing to do with real oil clubs.  Nothing.

Congrats to Valencia.  They didn't really have to do all that much and aside from the two goals there was nothing more from them but neither was there anything from Barcelona at all. A terrible final.

Valverde has got to go. I mean, it's not only his fault, but Barcelona needs to start the season fresh, with a new coach and different players, especially in the midfield. 

I'd sell Rakitic and depending on the offers Busquets as well. The de Jong signing is a really good start but they still need 1 or 2 more midfielders. The new coach will also have to be very harsh on Arthur. He doesn't have a great body type, so he needs to really take care of his diet and his shape. 

Coutinho should definitely leave. He is simply not good enough. Not dynamic enough to be a midfielder and in the wing he doesn't have neither the pace nor the strenght, he is very easily bullied by defenders. 

Suárez I put on the same category of Arthur. Barça has to make a decision here. He is still a class striker on his day, but he is losing the battle against his body. If he returns from vacations as fat as he was last season, I'd show him out. 

6 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Valverde has got to go. I mean, it's not only his fault, but Barcelona needs to start the season fresh, with a new coach and different players, especially in the midfield. 

I'd sell Rakitic and depending on the offers Busquets as well. The de Jong signing is a really good start but they still need 1 or 2 more midfielders. The new coach will also have to be very harsh on Arthur. He doesn't have a great body type, so he needs to really take care of his diet and his shape. 

Coutinho should definitely leave. He is simply not good enough. Not dynamic enough to be a midfielder and in the wing he doesn't have neither the pace nor the strenght, he is very easily bullied by defenders. 

Suárez I put on the same category of Arthur. Barça has to make a decision here. He is still a class striker on his day, but he is losing the battle against his body. If he returns from vacations as fat as he was last season, I'd show him out. 

Hard to disagree with a lot of that except for the Busquets bit. He still has a lot to offer... Those changes you say won't happen although after this Copa del Rey defeat Valverde will be under immense pressure, more than the Champions League defeat which adds to it all.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Barca should forget Gruezmann and go all out for Jovic. 

Why do you rate Jović higher than Griezmann?

I ask this because the only reason anyone else is in with a chance on Jović is because of the Barça board favouring Antoine.

• Administrator

What a poor end to the season this has been for Barca.

Had the title in the bag ages ago so could have done with winning another trophy - CL or Copa Del Rey. End up with neither. Quite clear that Valverde isn't good enough any more and perhaps he knows he's been going before this game...

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Hard to disagree with a lot of that except for the Busquets bit. He still has a lot to offer... Those changes you say won't happen although after this Copa del Rey defeat Valverde will be under immense pressure, more than the Champions League defeat which adds to it all.

What's your take on Dembélé? 

Griezmann is not nearly as good as he think he is, but I think he'd be a very good fit for Barça. He would work his socks off in the attack that would be really good for Messi and a huge upgrade from Coutinho's passivity. 

But if Neymar wants to return, that would be my first choice.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

What a poor end to the season this has been for Barca.

Had the title in the bag ages ago so could have done with winning another trophy - CL or Copa Del Rey. End up with neither. Quite clear that Valverde isn't good enough any more and perhaps he knows he's been going before this game...

The club have officially backed him including the players (Messi this very morning) over the past couple of weeks since the Anfield debacle. I'm not so sure although I do think they were expecting to win this one when they made all of those statements.

Let's see what happens...

38 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

What's your take on Dembélé? 

Griezmann is not nearly as good as he think he is, but I think he'd be a very good fit for Barça. He would work his socks off in the attack that would be really good for Messi and a huge upgrade from Coutinho's passivity. 

But if Neymar wants to return, that would be my first choice.

My take on Dembélé is if he sorts his indiscipline out in every way (there's a number of issues there) he is a tremendous player and was showing it before his injury. Infact his injury was a massive blow for the games against Liverpool. I wouldn't touch him although the club could make a fortune on him if they did decide to sell him.

I love Griezmann... He is the exact type of attacker every club needs when they already have talent up front which Barça do. Like you said, Griezmann works his arse off and has talent to improvise and bring somthing unexpected out of the bag. But the squad (the heavyweights) are very upset with his shenanigans last summer and that also cost Piqué his captaincy.

On the Neymar issue... The players love him, the directors (most of them, not all) love him, but the fans won't forgive him. I'll let you into a secret...  There were 9 polls made by the two Barcelona based sports daily newspapers (MUNDO DEPORTIVO and SPORT)  and 5 are known factually to have been petitioned by FC Barcelona themselves... The question was to the Barcelona fans on whether they would have Neymar back and the results always came back in the 90%+ against the return (remember the members "fans" own the club).  I wouldn't have him back at all... He was warned, he was told time and time again in all sorts of ways not to make that move and that he would only hurt his own future. He didn't listen mate. The move was stupid and made absolutely no sense whatsoever aside from the financial part which no club other than PSG could do anyway.

I would rather have Mbappé but that's impossible.

34 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What do the fan boys want? Just complete and utter domination like Celtic in Scotland? 

Maybe not to play absolute dog shit football and to fall into pointless complacency, just because the domestic competition is dross.

Same as most fans tbh. 

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The club have officially backed him including the players (Messi this very morning) over the past couple of weeks since the Anfield debacle. I'm not so sure although I do think they were expecting to win this one when they made all of those statements.

Let's see what happens...

With some significant changes coming in the summer I'd be thinking a new manager would be better sooner than later. 

But if Xavi is the desired one to take up the mantle next maybe he's not ready to take that in year one of his coaching career...?

Actually was able to watch this despite being on vacation, and was over the moon to see Valencia win it. 

I watched them bring the trophy home today, and it was great to see all the joy and support as they rode down the streets.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived