talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Women's Football

football forum

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Our women's team is actually well run. Think the mens side need to copy them

I was surprised that Bayern let her contract run out. Very good right back, and has always been solid for the national team. Good deal for Arsenal. 

• Subscriber

186680031_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.e2c0adb3821edb8c55dd622077307aba.png

Women's World Cup: The lost lionesses - England's forgotten football trailblazers

When a team of English teenagers walked out in front of 90,000 boisterous fans at Mexico City's Azteca Stadium for a crucial World Cup match in 1971, it was unlike anything they had ever known at home.

In England, women's teams usually played in parks with a handful of spectators. Women's football had been banned by the FA for the previous 50 years. This is the story of that forgotten, pioneering team - and why they were decades ahead of their time.

TAP HERE to read more.

download.thumb.png.e208c2e6ab30e686f76f8a0937cb7718.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-48509838

Alex Morgan reckons that women should have equal pay as men in football? How would this even be justified? Not only does women's football generate nowhere near the amount of money, but the quality of football is significantly worse. It's pretty much non-league standard. The best female players are closer to @Cicero's level than your Van Dijks or Hazards. 

It is getting better with time and gaining popularity, although it has a long long way to go yet before it reaches the standards set in the men's game. 

Edited by The Rebel CRS

47 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Alex Morgan reckons that women should have equal pay as men in football? How would this even be justified? Not only does women's football generate nowhere near the amount of money, but the quality of football is significantly worse. It's pretty much non-league standard. The best female players are closer to @Cicero's level than your Van Dijks or Hazards. 

It is getting better with time and gaining popularity, although it has a long long way to go yet before it reaches the standards set in the men's game. 

No as much as I am for equal rights that isn't fair. In terms of quality I think the top international teams are about the same standard technically as about conference level. They would still loose to a conferences team and below because of physicality I think though. Although the investment and coaching is significantly better than womens. Mens football is much nearer it's full potential that womens. Doesn't mean women can't be as good technically as men.

One thing I didn't realize was that she is American. I think there is a legal case going on in America over it. It's not as simple over there as the women's team generates more money than the men in some areas. 

Edited by Guest

On 08/06/2019 at 09:01, Gunnersauraus said:

No as much as I am for equal rights that isn't fair. In terms of quality I think the top international teams are about the same standard technically as about conference level. They would still loose to a conferences team and below because of physicality I think though. Although the investment and coaching is significantly better than womens. Mens football is much nearer it's full potential that womens. Doesn't mean women can't be as good technically as men.

One thing I didn't realize was that she is American. I think there is a legal case going on in America over it. It's not as simple over there as the women's team generates more money than the men in some areas. 

I think you're spot on with you're analysis, mens football is certainly near it's full potential all around the world. Whereas the woman still have 50 - 60 years to catch up to the mens game, considering the womans world cup only started in 1991 (some 61 years after the mens). 

I've enjoyed watching the woman's world cup, you can see from the stands that it has been a popular event. I'm sure the woman's game will eventually catch up to the male game and maybe one day commercial forces will show as much interest in the womans game as the men permitting equal wages throughout. 

22 minutes ago, TomTsportresearcher said:

I think you're spot on with you're analysis, mens football is certainly near it's full potential all around the world. Whereas the woman still have 50 - 60 years to catch up to the mens game, considering the womans world cup only started in 1991 (some 61 years after the mens). 

I've enjoyed watching the woman's world cup, you can see from the stands that it has been a popular event. I'm sure the woman's game will eventually catch up to the male game and maybe one day commercial forces will show as much interest in the womans game as the men permitting equal wages throughout. 

From what I've heard, this is the worst attended Women's World Cup since the early 90's. Outside of France and US, there have been no sell outs. Outside of France, US, Germany, and England, there have been no fans. 

My father-in-law is in France for this month following the U.S., and he says outside of the fan support for us, you'd hardly recognize a major sporting event was taking place. 

7 minutes ago, Eco said:

From what I've heard, this is the worst attended Women's World Cup since the early 90's. Outside of France and US, there have been no sell outs. Outside of France, US, Germany, and England, there have been no fans. 

My father-in-law is in France for this month following the U.S., and he says outside of the fan support for us, you'd hardly recognize a major sporting event was taking place. 

Bit misleading as the last World Cup played two matches in one stadium, straight after another. So counted the same attendance across both games.

New Zealand Vs Netherlands was credited with an attendance of 53,058 at the last World Cup. Funnily enough it took place an hour after Canada beat China in front of an attendance of 53,058...

2 hours ago, José said:

The cost of the event and the TV time is being wasted by poor level of football. The problem is the females expect the same prize money and stuff as Male players xD fuck outta here. They should stick to tennis or softball and stop using the resources of men's football and wasting TV time. 

Women aren’t built to perform at the same standard. Different bodies makes it harder for the standard to be high. However the effort is in trying to improve the standard so the level could close the gap and increase interest. You won’t understand though given women are only used for sex according to you. Scumbag.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Eco said:

To be fair this is the first Woman's World Cup I've watched and so far the games I've seen have had decent crowds. According to FIFA, the last World Cup had an average attendence of just over 26,000 so we'll wait and see if this World Cup fairs better. 

If that's the case, it's a real shame, I'm not in France so I can't assume why that is.   

Like I said I've really enjoyed watching this World Cup, if I had time I would of drove down to watch a few games. Hopefully, more people will get into the Womans game... at the end of the day football's, football and events like the World Cup are a great spectacle regardless of gender. 

• Subscriber

1925219929_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.3febb565ba248788efd6cdbe523ed983.png

England centre-backs Steph Houghton and Millie Bright are "major doubts" for their Women's World Cup quarter-final against Norway, says boss Phil Neville.

Houghton was injured in the Lionesses' 3-0 win over Cameroon in the last 16, while Bright has a bug which Neville said was "going through the camp a little bit".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48766811

1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

Grimsby have just set up a womens team and have signed two players so far. One to watch and I'd be interested in seeing a few games to see what the quality is like.

I suppose the other one will be expected to do all the rest of the work then.... 

• Haha 2