talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Women's Football

football forum

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Decent game so far. Good chances for both. Chelsea keeper playing well.

Out now so missing it. Chelsea use to be shit before the investment. We beat them 11.0 once.

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.255cc94feb5b5349714e91ad7b7d6730.png

Scotland: The trailblazers behind women's national game

download.thumb.png.b87e5227fea4b4e9003a30c9800e2885.png

The summer of 2019 will be remembered as the moment Scottish women's football achieved global recognition.

Shelley Kerr's Scotland squad qualified for their first World Cup, two years after their first major tournament appearance at the European Championship.

Last summer's finals in France ultimately ended in heartache as a gut-wrenching draw with Argentina denied them a place in the knockout stages but, nevertheless, it was seen as the pinnacle of the national team's achievements to be mixing it with the world's best.

However, there are many whose dedication, perseverance and talent laid the foundations. Women whose sacrifices for years had gone largely unrecognised and appreciated in the shadow of the men's game.

In the latest instalment of our National Treasures series, BBC Scotland looks at five players whose contribution changed the face of women's football north of the border.

FULL REPORT

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Wolfsburg defeated Barcelona yesterday1-0 to advance to the finals. 

PSG and and Lyon play today to see who will join Wolfsburg in the CL FInal

Was a good match yesterday. Can tell why Wolfsburg are one of the best teams in women's football and why that absolutely thrash a lot of teams. 

Barcelona should have got a goal or two though. They made it difficult for Wolfsburg to hold on to their lead. 

Just now, Stan said:

Was a good match yesterday. Can tell why Wolfsburg are one of the best teams in women's football and why that absolutely thrash a lot of teams. 

Barcelona should have got a goal or two though. They made it difficult for Wolfsburg to hold on to their lead. 

I sadly didn't watch any of it, but I looked at their lineup and they are loaded. 

Will certainly watch PSG vs Lyon today...can't imagine PSG winning this

Gonna watch the final. @Eco how does Europe compare to America? From what I have seen of the American league it does seem to be very good. Perhaps a world club cup for womens football would be a good idea.  Its not so relevant in the mens game because Europe is so far ahead but in womens football I could see it being very competitive.

3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Gonna watch the final. @Eco how does Europe compare to America? From what I have seen of the American league it does seem to be very good. Perhaps a world club cup for womens football would be a good idea.  Its not so relevant in the mens game because Europe is so far ahead but in womens football I could see it being very competitive.

Yeah, couldn't watch it, but saw the score. Both teams are absolutely solid so I was expecting it to be close. 

Women's game isn't a deal here at all. For some reason they don't have MLS buy in, and no one watches it. This shocks me as we have the best players in the world and they mostly play in the States. 

• Administrator

Brazil's female players to be paid the same as men's team do for international duties

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54007054

Brazil's women's national players will be paid the same as male players for representing their country, Brazil's football association (CBF) has said.

All players will be granted the same daily and prize amounts for taking part in preparation periods and games.

CBF president Rogerio Caboclo says the measures were put in place in March.

"Since March of this year, CBF has made an equal value in terms of prizes and daily rates between men's and women's football," he said.

"That is, the players earn the same thing as the players during the calls. What they receive by daily call, women also receive."

Caboclo says it also applies to performances at international tournaments such as the World Cup and Olympics.

"There is no more gender difference, as the CBF is treating men and women equally," he said.

"What they will gain by conquering or by staging the Olympics next year will be the same as the men will have."

Australia, Norway and New Zealand are among the nations to previously decide to pay their men and women internationals the same amount.

Brazil's women's team have not played since March, when many competitions around the world were postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Ole, Pogba and his other misfits, please take note from the United Ladies team :x

Tobin Heath helped Manchester United go top of the women's Super League, setting Millie Turner up for the winner against Tottenham Hotspur.

HIGHLIGHTS

Photo2.thumb.png.2b8bcb288e0ee8f59d4ee9a5464aa387.png

Turner met a finely placed second-half corner from the World Cup-winning USA international to seal the victory

had earlier combined with USA team-mate Christen Press for United's first chance but was denied by Becky Spencer, who also kept out Katie Zelem.

FULL REPORT 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

England: Hege Riise set to lead Lionesses on a temporary basis

Norway great Hege Riise is set to lead England on a temporary basis after Phil Neville's departure as manager.

Riise will take charge of the Lionesses' training camp in February, with ex-Canada international Rhian Wilkinson appointed in a support role.

A decision on who leads further camps will then be made before Netherlands boss Sarina Wiegman takes over permanently in September.

"This is a proud and ambitious team," said Riise, 51.

"I look forward to working with [them] and I am confident of making a positive impact when I meet up with the squad in February."

Riise won 188 Norway caps and is viewed as one of the best players of her era.

FULL REPORT

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/01/2021 at 01:10, ToonFan said:

Anyone like me think they should play woman's matches either before or after the men's matches when stadiums open. I think a lot of people would be inclined to hang around for both. 

They’re professional footballs, not a fucking charity case. 

• 1 month later...
  • 22 live matches on BBC TV, including a minimum of 18 on BBC One and BBC Two (remaining matches on the Red Button and online)
  • Up to 44 live matches, with a minimum of 35, shown on Sky Sports Football, Premier League and Main Event channels
  • Selected fixtures will also be simulcast on Sky One and Sky Sports Mix
  • All broadcasters will have rights to online coverage, in-play clips and highlights (WSL clubs also have rights to in-play clips and highlights)
  • Remaining matches not selected for broadcast shown live on FA Player
  • There will be one free-to-air game on BBC every weekend, with Sky having two other picks
  • Selected matches expected to be scheduled on Friday 18:30 GMT, Saturday 11:30 GMT, Sunday 12:30 GMT and Sunday 18:30 GMT
  • 75% of investment revenue to go to WSL clubs, 25% to the Women's Championship