talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Women's Football

football forum

Barcelona win 4.0. To put it in perspective they have the top 2 players in the womens ballon d,or playing for them. They have won all their games this season, they have scored 72 goals in their league and only conceded 3.  Arsenal are actually top of the WSL they were just playing a great team tonight. Anyway that's me finished on this match. Thanks for joining in ladies and gents 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

During a Spanish womens league match the Barcelona physicio had to treat the rayo vallecano players.

Shows there is still a lot of work to do in equity in womens football 

@Stan  @Bluewolf

Is that to do with equality? 

I've seen it in the men's game a few times where the physio from opposition side has helped treat another player. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I've seen it in the men's game a few times where the physio from opposition side has helped treat another player. 

Do they didn't know that. Probably doesnt help that its womens football but gotta admit didnt know that 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Completely different situation. Apparently, Rayo Vallecano simply do not provide medical staff for its women team, so they have to use their opposition's. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Do they didn't know that. Probably doesnt help that its womens football but gotta admit didnt know that 

Only in the very serious incidents. 

Did Vallecano not have any physios? 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah see this is the context @Gunnersauraus missed out xD

I didn't realise you were referring to times when the physio has come on and helped the other team because they were on the pitch. No they didn't even provide one 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, ManUFan said:

This topic is to discuss the growing sport that is women's football. Feel free to put forward your opinions to create a discussion.

Welcome aboard but I dont like the ManUFan bit, better with Man United Fan, also you will notice this has been moved into a Womens Football Thread already running. :coffee:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this thread isn't for bashing woman's football, and they have as much right to play as men. I also want to point out that while I enjoy the compilations of 'worst moments of the woman's world cup" and such, I refuse to make judgements about anything, good or bad, based on a compilation. 

However, the level they play at is just absolute dirt. I can and do watch woman's tennis, and woman's MMA. But the idea of watching female football unironically is just alien to me. You see score lines from friendlies where the worlds best teams get crushed mercilessly by mens under 15s (boys really). 

Why don't you go support your local 4th division team, with a pie and a pint with some of the boys instead? 

"I know this isn't a thread to bash women's football."

*proceeds to shit all over women's football* 

They're hard working athletes who follow their passion and give it their best. Maybe that's what people want to see? Most of them still have real jobs on the side, so it's not like they`re able to live and train for football like the male professionals. I watch it every now and then and never had an issue with it. Of course there are bad and better games, just like in men's football. But I guess if you watch it and already have your mind set to "oh this is shit", you probably can't watch it unbiased to start with. 

26 minutes ago, Tommy said:

"I know this isn't a thread to bash women's football."

*proceeds to shit all over women's football* 

They're hard working athletes who follow their passion and give it their best. Maybe that's what people want to see? Most of them still have real jobs on the side, so it's not like they`re able to live and train for football like the male professionals. I watch it every now and then and never had an issue with it. Of course there are bad and better games, just like in men's football. But I guess if you watch it and already have your mind set to "oh this is shit", you probably can't watch it unbiased to start with. 

I can and do watch this. It's called the a-league, local leagues, and lower league football. 

Womens football isn't as accessible as any of them, and all of those have those same qualities, but with a product I can actually watch. 
I just can't bring myself to watch a professional sport where I can genuinely do better than the athletes. There were times watching the A-league in the past where I wondered if I could do better than some of the worse players in their worst moments. But having played futsal against some ex A league guys or guys who didn't 'make it' I know better, and knew better. Maybe I could have done better in THAT specific situation on that day, but not overall for a season (not even close to) 

Womens football I can, and could. Give my 6 months to get my running fitness from 5 min ks to 4 min ks, and the rest is already there. I can't think of any other sport quite like it. I know as money flows in and the years pass that will change, but fuck me at this moment in time it's a joke.