talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Women's Football

football forum

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Bluewolf @Stan are you watching the engmand game tonight? I'm working unfortunately 

11 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Not sure yet mate, might watch the Bremen game tonight... :ph34r:

Had a few games on the go. Watched a bit of it, then QPR then settled on Hoffenheim vs Bremen too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Eco USA women have lost 3 games in a row. Very unusual. @Tommy I fancy Germany for the world cup. I think it will be England, USA or Germany but I do fancy Germany. Spain and France are good but always seem to mess it up in the big tournaments. 

It does seem weird having an England team that genuinely could win the world cup. We're not used to it 😂

The white-ness of the England women's team causing problems again. Beth Mead was recently asked about lack of black players in an interview & said:

'I think it's completely coincidental. We put out our best 11 and you don't think of anyone's race or anything like that. I think that's more an outsiders perspective.'

Apparently Ian Wright has been on the phone to her over the 'disappointing' comments.

Personally I think she was highly likely just being honest. And if there are inclusivity problems, and it is indeed more white than the men's team, maybe the end of production line England team is the wrong end to be barking at. But it's obviously where her mind will be & responded to the question from. She's a young footballer not a politician or social activist.

22 hours ago, Stan said:

I don't see the issue with her comments. 

Well it could come across as saying there isn't any issue. However the issue is at development level. Once they get to senior level if more white people have got through the system because of racism there is nothing you can do at that point. You have to pick your best team.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I was going to say "why would you want to watch such an awful team?", but then I realised that you were referring to the women's team and not the men's, so I'll let you off 😉 .

Yea, I'm not in the slightest interested to see the men's national team. 

I paid 20 € for a seat, which is fair, I think. For the men's team I would have probably paid at least double. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...