talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Women's Football

football forum

@Stan Chelsea won 9.0. They were excellent to be honest passed the ball around as fast as I have seen in womens football. They will probably go on to win the league now they dont look like they will drop any points 

On 27/03/2022 at 18:48, Cicero said:

Kirby > Lukaku & Werner 

I know you dont think to much of womens football but Chelsea do look like a proper professional team. They move fast and pass very well. They look like a lower league side. 

Barcelona have had what is  believed to be a world record attendance for a womens match. They have filled the camp nou.  Although they did give away about 30 000 tickets the early reports were that they could of sold them all anyway 

@Stan @Tommy arsenal in Wolfsburg tonight. I think we will probably loose tonight. The winner goes on to loose to barcelona in the semis. 

Am actually considering going up and watching the game at the Emirates if we get through. Admittedly partly to see the best womens team ever. Not us unfortunately 

21 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Tommy Wolfsburg are very good. Could be 2.0 here var checking 

It was disallowed after all I've heard. I don't have any ties to Wolfsburg, but it's good for Germanys women's football I guess. 

23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It was disallowed after all I've heard. I don't have any ties to Wolfsburg, but it's good for Germanys women's football I guess. 

Wolfsburg look much fitter than arsenal. The ball isnt going out of play much which is good because it makes it more entertaining. If the top leagues can get to this standard in ten years or so womens football will get  alot more support 

On 28/03/2022 at 15:09, Gunnersauraus said:

I know you dont think to much of womens football but Chelsea do look like a proper professional team. They move fast and pass very well. They look like a lower league side. 

I don't think much of women's GKs, as I think they are all appalling. 

Women's football in general is very entertaining. 

@Tommy Wolfsburg won 2.0 and 3.1 in aggregate. They deserved it over the two legs no doubt about that. I think they could give Barcelona a game. I don't think they can beat them over two legs because Barcelona are to good for anyone but they will give them a game I think 

49 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I don't think much of women's GKs, as I think they are all appalling. 

Women's football in general is very entertaining. 

Womens football has come along way in the last 20 years. Unfortunately the goal keeping standard hasn't improved as much but they are still better than they were. You do have to consider though that alot of womens teams still dont have goalkeeping coaches.

I think you have to take into account the  physical advantages male keepers have though. I think appalling is quite a harsh word I mean would you say that if your daughter wanted to be a goalkeeper? 

• 3 weeks later...

Wolfsburg just beat Bayern 3:1 in the German Cup Semi-Finals. Good stuff. 

Lena Oberdorf had to be subbed off early on with a leg injury. Hopefully nothing too bad. Would be a shame if she misses the game in Barcelona. 

• 3 weeks later...

Title decider on sunday. Arsenal have west ham, Chelsea have man utd. I expect chelsea to beat man utd and win the league but I'll cheer on man utd anyway then take a very long shower after :ph34r:

Sam Kerr

Chelsea won a historic third successive Women's Super League title in dramatic fashion on the final day of the season with victory over Manchester United.

Sam Kerr scored two stunning volleys in the second half as Chelsea came from behind in a six-goal thriller.

The Blues, who win the league by a point over second-placed Arsenal, knew victory would give them the title.

Manchester United led 2-1 at half-time before Kerr's double and a Guro Reiten strike at Kingsmeadow.

Arsenal won 2-0 at West Ham but had to settle for finishing as runners-up. 

:D

@Tommy @Bluewolf @Stan womens champions league final tonight. 

Barcelona are simply the best womens team I have ever seen. But Lyon have history in this competition winning it 5 times in a row. I think Barcelona will win but it will be a tough game. It's on YouTube 

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Tommy @Bluewolf @Stan womens champions league final tonight. 

Barcelona are simply the best womens team I have ever seen. But Lyon have history in this competition winning it 5 times in a row. I think Barcelona will win but it will be a tough game. It's on YouTube 

Just got in from work... 3-1 to Lyon now..