talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Women's Football

football forum

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Eco said:

OL Feminin defeated OM 6-0 this weekend. 

Not really a competition that. I think at times it looked like Lyon were so non-bothered that even they switched off in attack. They'll have zero worries in the league.

Edited by Mel81x

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Not really a competition that. I think at times it looked like Lyon were so non-bothered that even they switched off in attack. They'll have zero worries in the league.

PSG is the only competitor, and they won their first match 7-0 against Soyaux. 

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.d74caa85d665d227033c0a16a15d9d79.png

Jamaica women's team refuse to train or play in a payment dispute

VIDEO

download.thumb.png.f5c7a4af5786830aeb59b1848775fe0d.png

Jamaica's women's football team have refused to play or train until further notice after claiming they have not been paid.

The decision comes two months after the Reggae Girlz featured in their first-ever Women's World Cup.

In a post on Instagram, forward Khadija Shaw said the refusal to play or train was "about more than just money".

BBC Sport has contacted the Jamaican Football Federation for a response but has not received a reply.

Shaw added: "We are in a position where we are literally fighting just to get paid by legal agreements.

"[This is] about change, change in the way women football is viewed, especially in Jamaica.

FULL REPORT

• Subscriber

https://www.uefa.com/womenschampionsleague/news/newsid=2618528.html?iv=true

Champions league starts today with the first match being Ryazan vs OL. No prizes for guessing who will dominate this match.

Fixtures list

https://www.uefa.com/womenschampionsleague/matches/#/rd/2001126

@Eco tagging as I know you follow this.

Edited by Mel81x

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/09/2019 at 04:50, Mel81x said:

https://www.uefa.com/womenschampionsleague/news/newsid=2618528.html?iv=true

Champions league starts today with the first match being Ryazan vs OL. No prizes for guessing who will dominate this match.

Fixtures list

https://www.uefa.com/womenschampionsleague/matches/#/rd/2001126

@Eco tagging as I know you follow this.

It's not even fun to watch until the semis. 

On 29/09/2019 at 14:23, Gunnersauraus said:

@Eco what is your opinion on the nwsl? Personally for me it is a very good standard. They look professional to me. 

Haven't watched a ton of it TBH. There are rumors of a new team coming to Atlanta, which I would love to see. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.cf724a47b6ef411657e4acaa6daafa09.png

Video of female soccer team making a human shield around opponent adjusting hijab goes viral

A show of unity in sports went viral this week amid ongoing discussions about female players wearing hijabs during athletic competitions.

A video of a group of female soccer players in Jordan forming an impromptu human shield around a female player on the opposing team when her hijab came loose on the field was gaining attention Friday morning. The moment happened during a 2018 Jordan Football Association Final Women's League game, according to ABC News.

FULL REPORT

Reports: Atlanta United mulling NWSL team, could launch as soon as 2021

Atlanta United are considering launching a professional women’s team to compete in the NWSL, and may do so as soon as 2021.

That’s according to reports from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and Sports Illustrated.

“We’ve had very preliminary discussions with the National Women’s Soccer League about a possible franchise in Atlanta,” Brett Jewkes, chief communications officer for Arthur M. Blank Sports and Entertainment, the Five Stripes' parent company, told the AJC’s Doug Roberson in an email on Monday.

“We are evaluating a wide-range of factors to review and consider with no definitive timetable to complete that process. The growing success and appeal of women’s soccer in America, both at the professional and amateur levels, is exciting and certainly worthy of our careful exploration.”

Launched in 2013 with eight teams and significant support from the U.S. Soccer Federation, the NWSL enjoyed a major boost from the success of the US women’s national team in the FIFA Women’s World Cup this summer.

Earlier this month an expansion team operated by USL Championship club Louisville City FC was announced for 2021 and Sacramento Republic, who were welcomed to MLS as a 2022 expansion side on Oct. 21, have also been mentioned as a possible new NWSL market.

Several MLS clubs already operate NWSL teams: The Houston Dash (Houston Dynamo), Orlando Pride (Orlando City), Portland Thorns (Portland Timbers) and Utah Royals FC (Real Salt Lake).

• 2 weeks later...

Great crowd for the England v German game. Not as many as they were hoping but that seems to be because of the weather.

Not sure if it was the best idea to have it on rememberance weekend though.

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Why? 

Phil Neville proving himself absolutely hopeless I see. Arrogant arsehole. 

He's only lost a few friendlies. I would personally stick with him it's just a bad run. I mean he has played in the premier League  I'm sure that experience will help.

Because of all the pre match rememberance. Doesn't seem appropriate to be playing Germany. Not saying it isn't appropriate to be playing just not against Germany for obvious reasons.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Good crowd at the spurs v arsenal match. Arsenal just scored. Fans are segregated which doesn't always happen in womens football.

Watched a bit of it. Helped that it was in a stadium that generates decent atmosphere as games at Wembley dont' sound great whenever England have played there. More like a friendly atmosphere sometimes. Spurs were on top when I tuned in.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Watched a bit of it. Helped that it was in a stadium that generates decent atmosphere as games at Wembley dont' sound great whenever England have played there. More like a friendly atmosphere sometimes. Spurs were on top when I tuned in.

Watched most of the second half and arsenal were better. I think our fitness was better. I think there is something about watching women's football in bigger stadiums which makes it more interesting.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.58d9d5d29eacb64fe8e33a8c9833e673.png

The Women's Super League salary cap may be raised if it is stopping clubs from attracting world-class talent, says the Football Association's Kelly Simmons.

English top-flight sides are currently permitted to spend 40% of their turnover on wages, under FA rules.

The USA's NWSL has upped its salary cap by nearly 20% to $650,000 (£504,000), plus $300,000 (£233,000) of "allocation money" for a star in excess of the cap.

FULL REPORT

Edited by CaaC (John)

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.06ee30ff0a3dc7adbecd17553d47910c.png

Women's football: Spain's top players' strike called off after negotiations reopen

A strike by women footballers in Spain's top division has ended after securing an agreement to reopen negotiations over pay.

All eight top-flight fixtures were postponed over the weekend.

But now the Association of Women's players (AFE) has confirmed negotiations will resume and that the strike is off.

"After the success of the strike, an agreement has been reached to work on the proposal," said the AFE.

Almost 200 players from 16 clubs voted to strike in October after more than a year of failed negotiations.

They are demanding a professional agreement that regulates minimum working conditions, rights to minimum wages and measures for maternity.

Players are demanding part-time salaries be worth a minimum of 12,000 euros ($13,297), which is 75% of the minimum size for full-time contracts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50467440

• 3 months later...