football forum

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On Saturday I'm going to another show.

Obituary (headlining), Pallbearer (they are shiiiite), Skeletonwitch (I like them, but I haven't heard anything with their new singer so I guess we'll have to see how that goes), and Dust Bolt (fantastic band from Germany).

Pretty excited.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing Testament for the second time this year on the 19th of July. It'll be ComicCon in San Diego, which usually turns my neighborhood into an absolute clusterfuck because I'm pretty close to the convention centre and a few blocks from the Gaslamp district in the downtown here. I think I bought the tickets just so I would enjoy something that week.

I promised myself I'd take a vacation the next time they came round with the stupid festival... but I forgot to plan around it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Normally at gigs I try to get as close to the stage as possible. Can be a bit tough at metal shows with the mosh pits and everything.

Last night at Testament, I finished my drink and tried to make my way up. In wading through the crowd (and the pit) I accidentally made the pit much bigger and more violent as I tried to push my way through. Now I'm at work, deaf and covered in bruises. Good show though.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, the wife and I got tickets to the OTR II Tour which is the Jay Z, Beyonce, DJ Khalid amongst others. Honestly, the production of the whole thing was unreal. I grew up enjoying Jay Z and it was nice to hear a lot of his songs live, as he is a great performer.  Wife loved watching Beyonce and they did a good job of documenting their relationship and family for this tour which makes it seem more personal. 

Definitely one of the most memorable concerts I have ever been to. It didn't hurt that we are suite tickets which provided us with unlimited food and drink, and a private bathroom for the section. It was nice to not have to stress about standing in lines and just enjoying the show. 

This kind of makes me want to go to more concerts....

What was the last concert you went to? 

• Subscriber

I've never been much of a concertgoer... Music festivals are more up my alley, used to regularly go to quite a few in the past, especially rock and blues ones, as well as biker shows and festivals... 

Anyway, the last one I went to was a concert of The Cambodian Space Project, a joint Australian-Cambodian 60s-inspired psychedelic rock band (the guitarist also played with the Funk Brothers and recorded with the Temptations in the past, and the band's lead singer's voice and talent is just unbelievable). I'm glad I went, as they are the biggest Cambodian music success and it also turned out to be one of their last performances ever as the lead singer died in a car crash a few months later... :( 

The best one I've been to is definitely Rammstein.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've got 3 back to back concerts next week.

Tuesday - Dark Tranquillity

Wednesday - Judas Priest & Deep Purple (!)

Thursday - Jay-Z/Beyonce

That is some drastically differing music there xD

I've got a couple concerts coming up and both throwbacks. This weekend is Rise Against and mid October we got tickets to Seether. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 17/10/2018 at 20:34, Dr. Gonzo said:

Seeing System of a Down tonight. Not that big on them anymore, but I used to think they were very cool. One of the openers is Skeletonwitch and they’re fantastic, so that’s cool.

how was this?

I liked listening to their music a while ago (the Toxicity days) but haven't heard much of them since. Did they play much of their old stuff?

In the past 9 days I've been to see:

• CMA Songwriters Tour
    • Ashley Campbell (daughter of Glen Campbell, Rhinestone Cowboy)
    • Kassi Ashton
    • Tennile Townes
    • Chris DeStefano
  • Drake White
    • Supported by Ryan Kinder
  • Darius Rucker
    • Supported by Russell Dickerson

And tonight I'm going to see Chase Rice. 

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

how was this?

I liked listening to their music a while ago (the Toxicity days) but haven't heard much of them since. Did they play much of their old stuff?

It was great. They played a shitload of old stuff. Granted they haven’t released an album for years so technically it’s all old stuff but there were only a few songs I didn’t know. 

Archived