talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gigs

football forum

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Holy shit I want to see Scorpions live, you lucky bastard!

I was fortunate to see them in Japan last year. They came to Melbourne only in Australia and my dad flew over to see them. (His favourite band but had never seen them!) 

Theyll be in Perth for the first time ever I think. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

I just drop my pants for two shows coming up this year; Mumford and Sons in the summer - I was kind of iffy on this one I dont care for any of their new sound, but I absolutely loved their first two albums so much so that I think it will be worth seeing them once.... The second is a slam dunk in The Black Keys - they havent toured North America in many years im stoked for this one in the fall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Courteeners at Heaton Park tomorrow. Looking forward to it but wouldn't say I like them as much as the mate I'm going with and wouldn't pay £50 to see them normally but James and DMAs supporting makes it worth it for me.

Flying up to SF on Thursday and on Monday I'll be seeing Judas Priest at the Warfield (which is, apparently, a legendary metal venue - I'd never heard of it though). And then next month I've got tickets to see Exodus. So those are 2 cool gigs coming up for me.

On 23/06/2019 at 14:19, Inverted said:

King Gizzard are coming to Glasgow in October but its £50 for tickets and none of my pals are into them. Gutted.

You should go, King Gizzard are very cool.

Judas Priest last night was fantastic

CE8072BE-08F9-44B2-9026-B217F470FB07.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Judas Priest last night was fantastic

CE8072BE-08F9-44B2-9026-B217F470FB07.jpeg

I'm quite jealous! Last time they were over here was autumn 2015 I think, saw them in Wolves and even without Downing and with Tipton's visibly declining health they were superb. Hope at least we get something for their alleged 50th celebrations next year...

In the meantime I'm off to see Saxon in October. Should be a good one, proper old school British metal band.

1 hour ago, tlr said:

I'm quite jealous! Last time they were over here was autumn 2015 I think, saw them in Wolves and even without Downing and with Tipton's visibly declining health they were superb. Hope at least we get something for their alleged 50th celebrations next year...

In the meantime I'm off to see Saxon in October. Should be a good one, proper old school British metal band.

It’s very sad what’s happened to Tipton :( but Downing’s replacement (forget the name, Faulkner?) and Andy Sneap (metal guitar legend & metal producer legend) are nice fill ins. They’re fucking incredible live and being that close was phenomenal - maybe the best concert I’ve ever been to.

Oh and Saxon are great live.

• 2 weeks later...

Slipknot last night. One minute in and I was sweating more than I did in the last few months combined... crazy gig.

On a different note, went to see Eddie Vedder two weeks ago too. What a great man. I like that he asks people not to film the show. Makes it all better without all the "smart" phones, you can actually see what's going on.

Smashing Pumpinks, Bon Iver and Thom York in a few days. That might be it for me this summer. Not the best year for festivals over here.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I see the venue was moved due to safety concerns surrounding the stage xD

Yea, it was supposed to be outdoors at Belenenses' ground. They never specified what the problem was but moved it to a closed arena. Way too fucking hot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived