talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gigs

football forum

Anyone got anything good lined up?

I have a ticket to see Run The Jewels in Manchester at the end of the month but it's looking like I won't be able to go :( Gonna go to the Radio 1 Big Weekend as well seeing as it's in Hull and only costs £8.50 for both days. Aside from that me and some mates have been eying up Parklife in June, hoping to get to see Frank Ocean, Anderson .Paak, A Tribe Called Quest, Flying Lotus, Boy Better Know and Danny Brown among others but I'm sure the stage splits will have something to say about that. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Machado said:

Not any time soon but got my 3-day pass for NOS Alive in July.

This is the line up so far:

BaWl4gB.png

I'd like to do NOS Alive one day, always seems to get some good acts on the bill.

18 minutes ago, Takyon said:

I'd like to do NOS Alive one day, always seems to get some good acts on the bill.

It's not bad but I'm still expecting for one or two more big names. I'm gutted they are putting Royal Blood on a secondary stage... they will likely be playing at the same time as The Weeknd or The XX. They could easily rock the main stage before the Foo Fighters on the day after. It's bullshit.

I've got Gojira a week tomorrow, with support by Code Orange.  Cannot wait for that.

End of the month I've got Creeper, Milkteeth, Energy (who I'm unfamiliar with) and Puppy - four young up and coming bands in one night, should be epic.

In May I've got Iron Maiden with support from Shinedown - Maiden are always reliable.  Will be the fourth time I've seen them.

And finally in May I've got Katatonia - one of my all time favourite bands and its only the second time I'll have seen them.

14 hours ago, Rab said:

Just got two tickets to go see Eminem in August. Absolutely buzzing. Tried to get tickets to see him multiple times before although they always sell out instantly.

I saw him at T in the Park a few years ago and it was excellent.  He was very late to the stage but it was worth waiting for!

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Watched Bring Me The Horizon back in November with Don Broco and Basement. It proved to be one of the best gigs I've been to in recent times and some legend has uploaded the full show from their Toronto leg which is the same set-list as they played back in the UK. It's down below for anyone that's a fan and wants to have a listen. 

What did you think of Basement? I saw them supporting Brand New a few years ago and I really liked them

• Administrator

that looks sick @Cannabis. I've always wanted to see Don Broco though. Gutted I couldn't make their gig which was literally across the road from my flat last year :(.

I'm going to see Craig David on Sunday. Girlfriend's choice although I do like his music. Mainly his older stuff. Will be different to any other kind of gig I've been to before!

• Administrator

So Craig David was pretty damn good! Wasn't expecting his performance to go up about 100 notches about half-way through.

Started off with a mixture of old and new. Then Rewind came on and it just burst in to a whole different scene and vibe. That song itself was bloody special as it is, but then it turned in to what seemed like a massive rave and he put on his own DJ set. Banged out remixes of his own stuff (Fill Me In, 16, One More Time) as well as mixes of classic 90s garage and RnB hits for about an hour. Quality entertainment which culminated in the surprise appearance of Tinie Tempah for a couple of songs half-way through the DJ set. 

He was superb in all honesty. He admired the fact that 2 generations were able to come together to celebrate his music that he's made. And couldn't be more true to be honest considering how well the gig was received as each song was played. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gorrillaz apparently planning a Latin American tour, so I'm going to an event with banners to try and convince them to come to Lima. Showing that it's an area of interest.

7 hours ago, Cannabis said:

If you do make sure you spell their name right.

Cheers, almost ruined the event xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Blossoms... saw them the other day at the NOS Alive Festival and they were great. Easily likable band and an easily likable indie sound.

Royal Blood were a blast from start to end, as expected... crazy, hot concert. Seeing them in October again.

The Foo Fighters are never wasted money even if their music isn't your cup of tea. Dave Grohl is a God.

The Kills were awesome. Alison Mosshart is life. The band is probably too small for a main stage though. As a huge fan it was painful to see them play for what was mainly an apathetic crowd.

• 3 months later...

Recently got tickets for Imagine Dragons next year as a Christmas present for my GF. I have heard two of their songs. Not gonna lie, I'm not looking forward to two and a bit hours of that but sometimes you've just got to take one for the team.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Recently got tickets for Imagine Dragons next year as a Christmas present for my GF. I have heard two of their songs. Not gonna lie, I'm not looking forward to two and a bit hours of that but sometimes you've just got to take one for the team.

hope you enjoy it in the end!

I've been to many gigs mainly for the main act but ended up liking the support act too. I'll usually find out who the support acts are, listen to 1 or 2 songs and then have the same feeling as you do about Imagine Dragons (not excited, not looking forward to it etc). Once there though, they turned out to be alright when they played their other songs so hopefully you won't find it too bad!

4 hours ago, Stan said:

hope you enjoy it in the end!

I've been to many gigs mainly for the main act but ended up liking the support act too. I'll usually find out who the support acts are, listen to 1 or 2 songs and then have the same feeling as you do about Imagine Dragons (not excited, not looking forward to it etc). Once there though, they turned out to be alright when they played their other songs so hopefully you won't find it too bad!

Yeah true, I have been to some gigs in the past and been presently surprised so will give it every chance. We're also seeing Ed Sheeran next year which could be the other way, expecting it to be decent and actually isn't (especially as it's at Wembley)

• Administrator
On 24/10/2017 at 1:46 PM, Lucas said:

Yeah true, I have been to some gigs in the past and been presently surprised so will give it every chance. We're also seeing Ed Sheeran next year which could be the other way, expecting it to be decent and actually isn't (especially as it's at Wembley)

Which date you going? Got tickets for me and my missus to go as well. 

Archived