talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2018/19 - Matchday 2 - 31st August - 2nd September, 2018

football forum

1 hour ago, SchalkeUK said:

Game over!  Sad to hear the BT commentators asking what has happened to the team that finished 2nd last season.  Totally unaware that Tedesco and the Muppets upstairs have decimated last year's team and this lot is only a shadow of what he inherited.  My fear for both league and CL looks like being realised and it is already too late to sort it as the window is closed and we are stuck with this rubbish!  Julien was in the crowd and must have been gobsmacked by what he saw!

Respect. Your analysis one season ago was spot on, almost prophetical.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About the penalty in the Schalke game: Naldo gets a clear chance, and I very much doubt the goal would not have stood, and still they get a penalty. That way Schalke get two chances, which they should not have. Is this correct VAR?

If one accepts that VAR is there to assist the Officials when things happen our of their line of sight then there is no fault with the Official and VAR can be used to correct errors which many of the crowd and TV has seen.  In this case the contact with ball and hand occurred before Naldo's intervention with his head and, as such, was a correct decision.

As long as it is restricted to this sort of thing then it should be fine and OK to accept its use. There were other incidents - at least four errors of wrong 'last man' to touch the ball before it went over the goal line - but these are not scoreline changing events and I would hate to see the game stopping every time the ref is unsighted or the Assistant gets it wrong.  Only when Robots take over with the whistle will that be possibly stopped - but please save us from that!:dash3:

Sorry for the delay in answering - another funeral today!!

Had Naldo scored I think it would have been allowed to stand as VAR would not have been called upon.  It could be argued that the slight diversion of the cross affected his final contact and he missed so use VAR to prove the interception.  In the event the penalty was so badly taken that both sides of the VAR argument were somewhat satisfied. The girls from Tic Tac Toe have two words for it all!:censored:

Leon is being given the space in the team which Tedesco's strict plans was denying him.  Max had the same problem, but the lack of opportunities up front last week for Palace was crying out for a change at half time if not before but for Roy to leave it to the 74th minute - again - is daft.  Sooner or later Benteke will start to score again but he will need support before Saha comes back. Max made his decision to free himself of the Tedesco system but not to find another similar one.  We shall see if Roy has got the message!  There is a quotation originated by Alice Walker:  " I have fallen in love with the imagination. And if you fall in love with the imagination, you understand that it is a free spirit. It will go anywhere, and it can do anything"9_9

• Subscriber
On 05/09/2018 at 01:46, SchalkeUK said:

Leon is being given the space in the team which Tedesco's strict plans was denying him. Max had the same problem, but the lack of opportunities up front last week for Palace was crying out for a change at half time if not before but for Roy to leave it to the 74th minute - again - is daft.  Sooner or later Benteke will start to score again but he will need support before Saha comes back. Max made his decision to free himself of the Tedesco system but not to find another similar one.  We shall see if Roy has got the message!  There is a quotation originated by Alice Walker:  " I have fallen in love with the imagination. And if you fall in love with the imagination, you understand that it is a free spirit. It will go anywhere, and it can do anything"9_9

Leon was given a free role in the match and it was fun to watch. Lacked defensive discipline at times but overall very happy with how things went. 

Also I just saw this clip going through some writeups of the matchday xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived