La Liga - Week 3 Fixtures - 31st Aug - 2nd Sept 2018

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Why is Vallecano vs Bilbao postponed? @SirBalon

The match between Rayo Vallecano and Athletic Club has been postponed.

Due to the closing of the Estadio Vallecas for renovation work, the match has been forced to be scheduled for another day.

LaLiga Santander released a statement regarding the situation.

"Today the Community of Madrid and the owner of the Vallecas Stadium, have communicated to LaLiga its solution to not hold any sporting events with public attendance in this stadium, from September 1, 2018 until the renovation work is finalized," LaLiga declared.

"Given this situation, the match corresponding to day 3 of LaLiga Santander between Rayo Vallecano and Athletic Club is postponed to a date yet to be finalized.

"For the following matches, LaLiga will work to find the most satisfactory solution possible for all parties."

•  

Stadium safety it seems. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Why is Vallecano vs Bilbao postponed? @SirBalon

I think its down to the time not being confirmed right now.  Nobody's said anything regarding this but this is one of La Liga's biggest criticisms in sucking up to international markets and leaving clubs not knowing when they're going to play until very close to the date.

Edit: See Eco above!  Well done Eco :congrats:

Looks like Rayo have some stadium issues.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Stadium safety it seems. 

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think its down to the time not being confirmed right now.  Nobody's said anything regarding this but this is one of La Liga's biggest criticisms in sucking up to international markets and leaving clubs not knowing when they're going to play until very close to the date.

Edit: See Eco above!  Well done Eco :congrats:

Looks like Rayo have some stadium issues.

Thanks. Surely it can be played at Bilbao and then the reverse fixture swapped, effectively? If they keep postponing, there's just gonna be a backlog?

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Safety concerns at the ground. Not structurally safe I believe following complaints.

I've never attended a game at Vallecas but I did visit it once and have to say it's a terrible stadium although one designed to make the fans as partisan as possible.

@Kowabunga

Barça v new boys Huesca is an interesting one.  Such a small club (another like in recent years that rises to Spain's top division like Eibar then Girona) and is already causing early sensation.  Let's see how that one goes and if Barcelona end up tripping on a stone along the path.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Barça v new boys Huesca is an interesting one.  Such a small club (another like in recent years that rises to Spain's top division like Eibar then Girona) and is already causing early sensation.  Let's see how that one goes and if Barcelona end up tripping on a stone along the path.

are Girona not aided more financially through the Man City owner (or associated with)? So Eibar/Huesca are slightly more genuine.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

are Girona not aided more financially through the Man City owner (or associated with)? So Eibar/Huesca are slightly more genuine.

Yeah, this is true but there have been other cases where small clubs have been aided in this manner and failed quite badly.  But indeed both Eibar and Huesca are genuine although Huesca have only just started and we have to wait and see if it's a similar story.

Eibar when they first got promoted to La Liga for the first time in their history had to sell shares in their club because they couldn't even afford the €4m deposit clubs give before every season starts to the LFP.  Two entrepreneurs, one from Japan and another from the US invested heavily as a sort of gift to make the fairy-tale come true.

Cazorla still balling.

Villareal's midfield is exciting and should be very good to watch this season, with all the alternation. Spain either produce or find midfielders like they're available on a conveyor belt. You'd think losing Rodri would be a worrying problem for Villarreal but they seem to replace and move on quite effortlessly as Cáseres (it's early days still) looks like he's going to go on to produce good things. Quite easy to get caught up in the bubble of the Premier League with all the money and it's a nice reminder that things can be done differently.

@Berserker

Anything you can say about Cáseres?

58 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Cazorla still balling.

Villareal's midfield is exciting and should be very good to watch this season, with all the alternation. Spain either produce or find midfielders like they're available on a conveyor belt. You'd think losing Rodri would be a worrying problem for Villarreal but they seem to replace and move on quite effortlessly as Cáseres (it's early days still) looks like he's going to go on to produce good things. Quite easy to get caught up in the bubble of the Premier League with all the money and it's a nice reminder that things can be done differently.

@Berserker

Anything you can say about Cáseres?

He's similar to Kranevitter if you know him.

I think I've mentioned it in the past, but curiously Villarreal have the best network of scouts working all over Latin America from Central America to South America.  I've heard speak so much about that for w long time.

I can’t believe it!

Never thought this would be possible at the start of the season with considering Atleti’s squad.

A wonderful result for Celta and I hope they can build on this.

As far as I’m concerned this season isn’t written in the skies like most seasons in La Liga. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

haha I had a dream that Barca drew 1-1 to Huesca today xD 

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised considering how Huesca have started and also adding to the conundrum that's been put on Valverde's shoulders this week with the Champions League draw which are all massive games coupled with the La Liga big games (one being El Clásico) this coming month.

It wouldn't be a shock!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived