• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 3 Fixtures - 31st Aug - 2nd Sept 2018

football forum

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC BARCELONA 8-2 SD HUESCA (FT)

Ve y good result from Barça because for those that didn't see it, the game didn't start so well and Huesca took the lead with a decent first half.  Huesca started the season well in the first two games but ran out of steam in the the second period.  3 points and goals galore!

• Administrator

bizarre decision from the ref. Betis' keeper runs in to Mesa with the ball in his, almost getting the Sevilla player in a headlock. Both fall to the ground and ref waits for Mesa to get up before giving him a 2nd booking.. Not sure why VAR didn't get involved there?

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Got a conflict of interests after this one with family over from Naples and me wanting to see the Seville derby! Napoli are playing Sampdoria at the same time. :what:

I bet your wife's regretting insisting on watching the Napoli match. xD

15 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I bet your wife's regretting insisting on watching the Napoli match. xD

I watched the Seville derby on the iPad in the end and boy was it brilliant game full of passion.  I just love that derby!

I think @carefreeluke is down there, I wonder how he's lived it.  Couldn't have ended better with Betis legend Joaquín getting the winner.

My wife's family weren't too happy with how Napoli went.  :shutup:

• Administrator
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I watched the Seville derby on the iPad in the end and boy was it brilliant game full of passion.  I just love that derby!

I think @carefreeluke is down there, I wonder how he's lived it.  Couldn't have ended better with Betis legend Joaquín getting the winner.

it wasn't the greatest game! Full-blooded, passionate, aggressive, atmospheric definitely. 

In terms of quality, not so much! The goal itself was full of quality with the cross, positioning and the header, but it took a while to get the game going. There were plenty of physical tackles though, expectant in a derby like that!

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

it wasn't the greatest game! Full-blooded, passionate, aggressive, atmospheric definitely. 

In terms of quality, not so much! The goal itself was full of quality with the cross, positioning and the header, but it took a while to get the game going. There were plenty of physical tackles though, expectant in a derby like that!

Yeah, I meant in terms of passion.  I've been to two of those years ago and that city is totally buzzing when the derby comes around.  It's impossible to ignore it and I can only imagine what it'll be like tonight with all that heat too.

So the Real Betis coach Quique Setién said this to Joaquín while the player was waiting to come on by the sidine;

”You’re going to score the winner in this game, trust me!”

”Their full-backs have been tired and not recovering their position for the last five minutes. Whatever flank we attack down, go to the opposite post because you’re fresh and you’ll read the timing.”

said and done!

Thus when the final whistle blows Joaquín goes running to Setién and they’re hughing and laughing while the coach is pointing at Joaquín with a “I told you so” face.

Watch the goal again and see how Joaquín measures his steps while getting in on the second post. 

Coutinho and Dembele were terrific signings, even if they were overpriced. They are just what the team need going forward.

That pass by Messi to Rakitic(who finished it superbly, with an excellent half volley) was ridiculous. After only 4 games this season(including the supercup) you could already make a highlight reel of all his brilliant passes from this season. He's also scoring the goals and is starting to look sharper by the game. Speaking of passes, the one by Coutinho to Messi for his second was also quality. Coutinho is thriving in his new role this season.

Suarez is finding his feet again as well. He doesn't look 100% fit to me, but is getting there.

How Luis Enrique hasn't called Alba up for Spanish national team  is laughable as well.

On 02/09/2018 at 21:50, SirBalon said:

I'm not back in Seville until the 11th mate but watched the game.

Thought Betis were quite poor, they've looked very slow on the ball this season and have lacked movement as well. Think Roque Mesa's sending off helped them get over the line (which wasn't a second yellow in my eyes) but as the old cliche goes form and everything can go out the window in a derby game and I think the passion and everything helped Betis pull through and get a win. It of course was a great moment with Joaquín of all people.

Have to say I haven't been too impressed with how Betis have started the season playing wise, we'll see how they develop as the season goes on.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived