• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 3 Fixtures - 31st Aug - 2nd Sept 2018

football forum

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

I'm not back in Seville until the 11th mate but watched the game.

Thought Betis were quite poor, they've looked very slow on the ball this season and have lacked movement as well. Think Roque Mesa's sending off helped them get over the line (which wasn't a second yellow in my eyes) but as the old cliche goes form and everything can go out the window in a derby game and I think the passion and everything helped Betis pull through and get a win. It of course was a great moment with Joaquín of all people.

Have to say I haven't been too impressed with how Betis have started the season playing wise, we'll see how they develop as the season goes on.

Yeah, Betis haven't started the season well and Infact this happened to them the last campaign where in the second half of the season they were the most exciting team to watch in La Liga.

Quique Setién has got some new improvements to the squad this season and he has to bed them into his particular way of how he wants his team's to play.  I'm looking forward to seeing Lo Celso play for them.  Machí I also expect to get Sevilla ticking along as he's a very good coach indeed and done a marvellous job with Girona last season.

49 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Fair play to Huesca for being brave to play that open against Barca. Even if they did let in eight goals as a punishment.

That's the general manner of how smaller sides tend to set themselves out against the bigger boys.  They try to play their game and be positive which is something I love.  The big plus on that is that many of those smaller sides have got a lot of young talent on loan from big teams and this is the way they evolve in every manner.  There's no point in having talented youth in your side if you're going to play negative tactics... They won't evolve and will almost definitely fail.

6 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Coutinho and Dembele were terrific signings, even if they were overpriced. They are just what the team need going forward.

That pass by Messi to Rakitic(who finished it superbly, with an excellent half volley) was ridiculous. After only 4 games this season(including the supercup) you could already make a highlight reel of all his brilliant passes from this season. He's also scoring the goals and is starting to look sharper by the game. Speaking of passes, the one by Coutinho to Messi for his second was also quality. Coutinho is thriving in his new role this season.

Suarez is finding his feet again as well. He doesn't look 100% fit to me, but is getting there.

How Luis Enrique hasn't called Alba up for Spanish national team  is laughable as well.

Luis Enrique and Jordi Alba seem to have some sort of feud going on from back when Luis Enrique was coach at Barça... Did you see Alba's goal celebration?  Many think that was a message to Luis Enrique calling him blind!

Did you watch the Seville derby mate?

• Administrator
7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Just seen the comments and I'm amazed Joaquin is still going. Or Joe Quin as a lad at school called him in 2003 😂

I had to make sure it was the same Joaquin when he came on xD

2 hours ago, Stan said:

mqdefault.jpg

Joaquín's debut in 1999 for Real Betis

joaquin-298.jpg

Joaquín in 2006 for Valencia CF

malagas-midfielder-joaquin-sanchez-celeb

Joaquín in 2011 for Málaga CF

2B0D513600000578-3183257-image-a-58_1438

Joaquín 2013 for ACF Fiorentina

rrrrr.jpg

Joaquín in 2018 scoring the winning goal in the Seville derby...

Almost 20 years later from his debut!  Who would've believed it!

16 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Luis Enrique and Jordi Alba seem to have some sort of feud going on from back when Luis Enrique was coach at Barça... Did you see Alba's goal celebration?  Many think that was a message to Luis Enrique calling him blind!

Pedro as well. 3 goals in 4 goals and isn't called up, yet Morata laughably is. 

10 hours ago, Stan said:

He was class last season and probably better then was was as a 25 year old at Valencia!

Just like Santi Cazorla and Prieto(before retiring in the summer), he has been able to evolve as a player and is still very good. I'm not sure how longer he will go on for, but last season he looked like a reformed player.

17 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah I saw the derby(and Alba's celebration, which he was in the right to do!), but I wasn't paying enough attention to the Sevilla derby as I had too much stuff to do with getting back to work the day after and having a lot of shit to do with only just returning back from my trip down South on Saturday.

I'm glad Betis won though. They have a very talented side there and it'll be interesting to see what they can produce in the Europa league as well this term.

34 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

They have a very talented side there and it'll be interesting to see what they can produce in the Europa league as well this term.

They have a very difficult group in the Europa League... It'll be interesting to see what they can do but their main priority should be La Liga because they have a very interesting squad and a brilliant coach.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Pedro as well. 3 goals in 4 goals and isn't called up, yet Morata laughably is. 

Luis Enrique's negative side to his character is that he harbours bad sentiments.  Anyone that crosses him has very little probabilities of getting back into his good books.  With Pedro he has no history other than when he was coach for the 'B' side with no issues there.  But with Jordi Alba he had various encounters that makes it interesting how he deals with the situation if Alba has a top campaign.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Benzema looks like hes been let off a leish now he's not fluffing chances to benefit CR7.

His responsibility is now to score instead of providing either an assist or creating space for Cristiano to score.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Whats going on with Atletico Madrid?!

Their typical start to the season which then leaves them with playing catch-up.  One of the more negative parts to Simeone is that he takes time to fit new players into his system.  They should be alright though because the squad they have matches anything anywhere in Spain and in Europe. There are no excuses!

Real Sociedad's Anoeta Stadium still looks like this picture below.  They're still setting things up for laying the new pitch and the game is scheduled to be played on the 15th of September against Barcelona.  We could have another Real Valladolid situation.

anoeta-estara-listo-para-recibir-barca-1

15361622274095.jpg

Roque Mesa has had his second yellow card rescinded which in consequence cancels the sending off on his register for the season.  The Sevilla midfielder was shown a second yellow card by referee Gil Manzano when Mesa was involved in a collision with the Real Betis goalkeeper Pau López during the city of Seville derby.

I don't know how happy Sevilla FC will be though because the sending-off definitely conditioned the remainder of the game.

• The topic was unpinned
On 05/09/2018 at 10:41, SirBalon said:

His responsibility is now to score instead of providing either an assist or creating space for Cristiano to score.

Their typical start to the season which then leaves them with playing catch-up.  One of the more negative parts to Simeone is that he takes time to fit new players into his system.  They should be alright though because the squad they have matches anything anywhere in Spain and in Europe. There are no excuses!

Surprised he's still talking as if they're an underdog. He's got to let that go now.

57 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Surprised he's still talking as if they're an underdog. He's got to let that go now.

That's what everyone is saying in Spain but they're all suggesting he uses the same rhetoric as a get out clause due the high level of competition so as to win.

Archived