talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Return to Adidas as Kit Manufacturer

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Adidas kits are all templated shite they share with all clubs they sponsor and also international sides. I used to like their kits in the 90s, but now I think they’re shite.

Anything is better than what PUMA have been offering us mate... I'd even accept Dorothy Perkins making our kit at this point.  

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Adidas kits are all templated shite they share with all clubs they sponsor and also international sides. I used to like their kits in the 90s, but now I think they’re shite.

just like most manufacturers really. Very rarely do sides get bespoke kits any more that are tailored/unique to them. Even templated kits can be done right with the correct colours applied but gone are the days of funky and out-there, extravagant, iconic designs, sadly!

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Puma are worse at that.

Wasn't there something in the kits thread where Puma released a kit and everyone thought that it looked well smart, only 2 weeks later 4 different clubs kits were exactly the same style with a different colour xD

14 minutes ago, Danny said:

£75m per season, Chelsea's is £900m over 15. How have Arsenal pulled that off?

Edit: 5 year deal, matching Chelsea's £60m per season. Still.

It's all in the brand name and how it's been sold since the advent of the Premier League which was sold worldwide. After Manchester United which was helped by the British media in general (not that it needed help anyhow) Arsenal were one of the first on the marketing bandwagon.

In reality we are nowhere near one of Europe's elite clubs but still we hold our own by comparison.

31 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It's all in the brand name and how it's been sold since the advent of the Premier League which was sold worldwide. After Manchester United which was helped by the British media in general (not that it needed help anyhow) Arsenal were one of the first on the marketing bandwagon.

In reality we are nowhere near one of Europe's elite clubs but still we hold our own by comparison.

No but for you to be commercially at Chelsea's level is surprising to me seeing as the titles they have won recently the turmoil surrounding Arsenal.

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

No but for you to be commercially at Chelsea's level is surprising to me seeing as the titles they have won recently the turmoil surrounding Arsenal.

That’s the thing though mate... Just like in most marketing phenomena over recent times, it’s not quality what counts and gets you up there. It’s about how you work your brand name while being simply in amongst the top boys.

You don’t need to win anything. From the practical end all you need is to be seemingly competing. 

Adidas and Nike shirts designers make five templates and just change colors and badges. It's like when you play Pro Evolution Soccer but just change the colors. Only thing they are good at is cashing out, i wish Umbro had the financial backing to compete with the top boys.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Not just Umbro, but Le Coq Sportif and also Kappa who for me design wonderful kits in general.

our Le Coq Sportif efforts in the 90s was very nice, in my opinion. 

Everton had a couple of nice ones before Nike (not the one with the massive white V-neck). 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

our Le Coq Sportif efforts in the 90s was very nice, in my opinion. 

Everton had a couple of nice ones before Nike (not the one with the massive white V-neck). 

If you go into the websites of both Le Coq Sportif and Kappa respectively, you can see the special treatment they give the few clubs they represent in terms of making their sportswear.  It really is unique.

12 hours ago, Danny said:

£75m per season, Chelsea's is £900m over 15. How have Arsenal pulled that off?

Edit: 5 year deal, matching Chelsea's £60m per season. Still.

Arsenal are have a bigger fan base globally then Chelsea, they will make so much money from shirt sales in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. 

On 29/08/2018 at 05:04, SirBalon said:

If you go into the websites of both Le Coq Sportif and Kappa respectively, you can see the special treatment they give the few clubs they represent in terms of making their sportswear.  It really is unique.

Sponsorless.

Fiorentina Home Shirt 18-19 DetailingDetailing on Fiorentina 18-19 Shirt

• The title was changed to Arsenal Return to Adidas as Kit Manufacturer

Archived