talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MLB 2018/19 Thread

football forum

So, this is will likely be posted in only by myself, maybe @Dickie, and @Teso dos Bichos. But regardless, the end of the baseball season in nearing, and currently my home town Atlanta Braves are up 3.5 games on the Phillies for the East Crown. Pretty remarkable year considering our starting pitching isn't special, and we have the youngest team in baseball. It would be a good year if the Braves can win the division, as there is zero chance that Braves win the the world series as that will be decided between the Red Sox, Yankees, or Astros. The Cubs might have a chance, but really, I don't see this year ending any way other than either the Yankees or Red Sox winning the world series. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Growing up in Mexico, my grandpa and I would watch them and Fernando Valenzuela's Dodgers. Got a soft spot for the braves though(Freeman is a beast)

Last postseason was incredible, even my younger who dislikes baseball, enjoyed it. I wouldn't not rule out the Astros repeating though. 

Fair enough. Someone who is a Manchester United, Yankees, and Alabama fan will always raise questions about loyalty B| I imagine Fernando was a huge deal in Mexico when he was in LA. 

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Maybe with the Yankees and manutd but no one can question my loyalty to the crimson Tide... Was a proud fan even when tuberville's tigers were holding the fingers up .

Chapman is key for the Yankees. If he can be as clutch for the Yankees as he was for the cubs, they will be in good shape. Fell asleep last night halfway though the white Sox vs Yankees game, wonder if Stanton ever hit #300

Yeah - I am with you on the Alabama front. 

I grew up liking the White Sox because of Frank Thomas, but always cheer for the home teams, Falcons, Braves, Hawks, United, and Thrashers (RIP)

10 hours ago, Dickie said:

Hey man don't count my phils out yet, still in that wild card position.

Another loss last night by the Phillies coupled with a win for the Braves mean that the Bravos lead is now at 4.5 games :)

For the Wild Card, the Phillies are 2.5 out, but have 4 teams ahead of you with the Dodgers, Rockies, Diamondbacks, and Brewers. Of course this doesn't include the Cardinals who are currently leading the Wild Card spot. 

• 1 month later...
On 29/08/2018 at 08:41, Eco said:

Another loss last night by the Phillies coupled with a win for the Braves mean that the Bravos lead is now at 4.5 games :)

For the Wild Card, the Phillies are 2.5 out, but have 4 teams ahead of you with the Dodgers, Rockies, Diamondbacks, and Brewers. Of course this doesn't include the Cardinals who are currently leading the Wild Card spot. 

Why doesn't MLB use head to head records to decide tie breakers?   They use it to decide who plays at home for the extra game.  

• 9 months later...

Archived