The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 1st September - Sunday 2nd September

football forum

34 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Next 3 league games for West Ham:

A Everton

H Chelsea

H Man Utd

Could be 7 losses out of 7 for West Ham.

I’d be very surprised if they get more than a point from those 3. Early days and all, but the score line doesn’t lie, West Ham are by far the most shite side we’ve faced this season.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

System needs a mobile forward. Giroud is a great option off the bench, but we need a striker in the same mold as Dybala, Aguero, Jesus, Mertens, etc. Morata isn't cut out for this type of football. 

Still showing a lack of directness in the final third, although it didn't help having Willian on the pitch. Good shifts from everyone, especially Alonso once again. Having Kovacic helps Alonso push so much forward. 

We've lacked a very high level player on that side for years now, everything goes through Hazard but that's been the case for years. Nothing perhaps highlighted it better when Mourinho attempted that man marking job on Hazard for Man United with Herrera a couple of seasons back, unorthodox though it was, it in a way was a sign of our reliance on him and of course Mourinho would have known our strengths well. The thing with Willian is that he'll score in a couple of weeks and people will forget about his previous performances. Pedro is brilliant and does complement strikers and Hazard well but there's always that thought of the benefits of bringing in a big player for that right side that could get close to some of the overall attacking threat Hazard brings which would help balance us in attack and give us a different option and dare I say it ease some of Hazard's burden.

Bournemouth were very difficult to break down in a defensive 5 which we are seeing more and more of in recent times. I wonder if their approach gets the same attention as Newcastle's has...

I have to say that I was a big fan again of Sarri's changes. 1-0 up, with one sub remaining and Loftus-Cheek comes on, an attacking change. No doubt Conte would have bought on Drinkwater and looked to shut up shop. Today however we looked to control the game and went for the 2nd, seeing out the game looking to control the ball, instead of sitting back, inviting pressure. I feel slightly bad for having a slight dig at Conte here again but it's just how I view the game. There's a true saying in life though where often the things people laud you for at the beginning, are often the things they criticise you for in the end and this can be easily applied to football and often is. Conte was lauded for his new system, personality, new ideas and approach at the beginning but in the end these areas were pitted against him and some would say led to his downfall. Anyway, I'm sidetracking a bit here, it's nice to see Sarri looking to manage games in the way which I believe is best.

Fanstatic commentating on ESPN

”Lovely refereeing from John Moss”. It wasn’t actually. Bardsley should have seen red for violent conduct, so no, it wasn’t actually.  And that should have been a penalty for Lukaku as well. Fuck me John Moss is an incompetent cunt.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Fanstatic commentating on ESPN

”Lovely refereeing from John Moss”. It wasn’t actually. Bardsley should have seen red for violent conduct, so no, it wasn’t actually.  And that should have been a penalty for Lukaku as well. Fuck me John Moss is an incompetent cunt.

Phil Bardsley is still playing Premier League football? :4_joy: Burnley are going down this year.

• Subscriber

Just watched the clip of Rashford's red. Looked to me like Bardsley kicked out at him twice, actually tried to hurt him and could have if he'd have connected properly so that's obviously only a yellow. Then Rashford turns around and squares up to Bardsley but doesn't actually do anything, less of an aggressive movement than Richarlison last week, absolutely nothing and couldn't have hurt Bardsley in any way, but because it's technically violent conduct he gets sent off.

Laughable "sport" this is these days.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Just watched the clip of Rashford's red. Looked to me like Bardsley kicked out at him twice, actually tried to hurt him and could have if he'd have connected properly so that's obviously only a yellow. Then Rashford turns around and squares up to Bardsley but doesn't actually do anything, less of an aggressive movement than Richarlison last week, absolutely nothing and couldn't have hurt Bardsley in any way, but because it's technically violent conduct he gets sent off.

Laughable "sport" this is these days.

100% this.

• Administrator

just seen it. That is fucking pathetic that there's no equal punishment there. How has Moss not see Bardsley kick out twice? That's probably a red in itself to match up to Rashford's reaction. Not surprised Rashford has reacted like that. Definite 'movement' of the head, against the rules but is it worthy of a red? I think not. 

Just seen the highlights of the United game.  Terrible run up on the penalty by Pogba, just pick a spot and smash the ball.  Rashford's red,  kick out by Bardsley and Rashford reacts rashly.  No movement of the head to indicate a headbutt, but he did stick his head in Bardsley's face and kind of massaged his face with his head.  Soft red for me but those are the rules these days. Thought there should have been another United  penalty when Lukaku was barged into when he was around the keeper and about to slot it home.

Game being shown here at 9pm so will get to watch then.

31 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Bardsley is absolute scum. How a thug like that is at the top level God only knows.

That 2nd kick by him is a red. Doesn't matter if he didn't manage to do any damage, he's kicked out when the ball is long gone and they're not even on the pitch anymore. It's the same as that daft kick Kenedy got away with the other week. No doubt Bardsley too will get away with it.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

Bardsley is absolute scum. How a thug like that is at the top level God only knows.

That 2nd kick by him is a red. Doesn't matter if he didn't manage to do any damage, he's kicked out when the ball is long gone and they're not even on the pitch anymore. It's the same as that daft kick Kenedy got away with the other week. No doubt Bardsley too will get away with it.

exactly. it's 'endangering an opponent' or violent conduct as well. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived