talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rolando Mandragora banned for blasphemy

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is crazy. Reading the article just shows how absurd the league can be. 

Marlon Santos Da Silva of Sassuolo has also been banned for one match for his red card at the weekend.

Napoli have been fined €12,000 after fans threw a firecracker onto the pitch, as well as launching one at Milan fans.

The Rossoneri got a €10,000 fine of their own after their fans were caught singing anti-Neapolitan songs.

Parma were hit with a €2,000 fine after fans set off a smoke bomb in their own sector.

• Subscriber

Nobody expects the Spanish Italian inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise, fear and surprise; two chief weapons, fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency!

What is it, year 1280? xD 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

That is crazy. Reading the article just shows how absurd the league can be. 

Marlon Santos Da Silva of Sassuolo has also been banned for one match for his red card at the weekend.

Napoli have been fined €12,000 after fans threw a firecracker onto the pitch, as well as launching one at Milan fans.

The Rossoneri got a €10,000 fine of their own after their fans were caught singing anti-Neapolitan songs.

Parma were hit with a €2,000 fine after fans set off a smoke bomb in their own sector.

That song/chant that the Inter fans have been done for is totally justified and should be much much more severe. It’s disgusting mate. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

That song/chant that the Inter fans have been done for is totally justified and should be much much more severe. It’s disgusting mate. 

I assume you are speaking of the Heysel one? 

Just now, Eco said:

I assume you are speaking of the Heysel one? 

What’s Hysel got to do with Neapolitans and Napoli mate?

It’s a chant about Vesuvius and how they hope all Neapolitans burn to death in its fires. 

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What’s Hysel got to do with Neapolitans and Napoli mate?

It’s a chant about Vesuvius and how they hope all Neapolitans burn to death in its fires. 

You said nothing about it having to be about Napoli, just that they have gotten in trouble. :ph34r:

I know Inter fans have raised a banner based saying something about how sad it is that more Juve fans weren't killed during the Heysel Disaster. 

21 minutes ago, Eco said:

You said nothing about it having to be about Napoli, just that they have gotten in trouble. :ph34r:

I know Inter fans have raised a banner based saying something about how sad it is that more Juve fans weren't killed during the Heysel Disaster. 

That too. Inter have been done for that Napoli chant before and they’ve been repeating it again in games against other sides. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

You're having a mare mate. xD It's Milan who have been fined not Inter, "rossoneri" means red and black (in reference to Milan's kit) Inter are called the "nerazurri" which means black and blue in reference to their kit too.

5 minutes ago, Berserker said:

You're having a mare mate. xD It's Milan who have been fined not Inter, "rossoneri" means red and black (in reference to Milan's kit) Inter are called the "nerazurri" which means black and blue in reference to their kit too.

This makes sense. I was wondering why, @SirBalon was bringing up Inter Milan and there awful chant towards Napoli when I didn't even mentioned them. xD 

10 minutes ago, Berserker said:

No I know they’re talking about Milan there. But I’m talking about Inter. Last season they were done twice with that chant as were Roma.

I do know my colours in Italian. xD

Udinese midfielder Rolando Mandragora has been suspended for one Serie A game after he was caught on camera uttering a blasphemous remark.

The former Juventus player shouted "Porca Madonna, Vaffanculo, Dio Cane" - an insult to the Virgin Mary - and also referred to God as a dog.

Mandragora made the outburst after Sampdoria goalkeeper Emil Audero saved his shot in a game which Udinese won 1-0.

The remarks initially went unnoticed by officials during the match, but Serie A have since reviewed the footage and issued the ban to the 21-year-old.

"After acquiring and examining the relevant television images, the player, while cursing without referring to anybody around him, was nevertheless clearly seen by the television images to make blasphemous remarks, visibly identifiable from reading his lips without any margin for reasonable doubt," read a disciplinary report from the Lega Serie A.

Mandragora, who has one Italy cap, won the Serie A and Italian Cup with Juventus in 2017, and spent last season on loan at Crotone before signing for Udinese over the summer.

Taking God's name in vain in Italy is strictly prohibited and the country's football association has disciplined players and coaches in the past.

Archived