03/10 Napoli away

24/10 Red Star home

06/11 Red Star away

28/11 PSG away

11/12 Napoli home

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Napoli away between Chelsea and Man City is a bit of a twat

least you could arrange to get 3 points at home to your feeder club ;) 

5 hours ago, Storts said:

Inter is boring, been there done that.

Same as PSV, wanted new grounds

Delighted about Barca though, can’t wait for that.

We are comfortably the second best team in the group though so no excuses 

You planning to travel for these ones mate? 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

c7yozmr4j9j11.thumb.jpg.1969f47135ba146fea8d80639f3be051.jpg

A - Atletico and Dortmund you would imagine. It's an interesting group really, with three of them being unfancied finalists at one stage not too long ago.

B - Barcelona win it, Tottenham 2nd. Spurs won a tough group last year though so write them off at your peril.

C - This is a very interesting group as you've got three genuinely excellent sides. Crvena Zvezda are going to get absolutely slapped silly here which is a shame and I'm calling them conceding 20+. I think PSG and Liverpool will go through but it's hard to write off Ancelotti in Europe.

D - This is a laughable group xD you'd have to fancy Porto and Schalke to go through. Porto seem to end up in the easiest looking group every year.

E - Bayern walk it, I've got a feeling Ajax may turn Benfica over though. Benfica surely cannot do worse than last year though.

F - Man City comfortable winners, but the other three are actually really well balanced I feel. I'll go with Shakhtar.

G - Real Madrid and Roma. Quite simple. An easy one for Real, to everyone's shock.

H - Largely depends on Man Utd getting their act together. If they do they could win the group (although I don't think they will), but if they don't they're in trouble as Valencia are no mugs. I'm actually going to go Juventus & Valencia here.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Liverpool beyond in pot 3 is just silly. 

Moscow in pot 1 for winning a league that the tenth placed EPL team would win at a canter... 🤔😐

Sorry but I disagree. After all, this is the Champions League.

It's only right a team that wins their league receives a higher pot seeding than a team that finished 4th in their domestic league.

The only way Liverpool should have the right to make things easier for themselves in this competition is to actually win their domestic league or come runner up.

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Moscow in pot 1 for winning a league that the tenth placed EPL team would win at a canter... 🤔😐

Clue is in the name, Champions League. Not finish 4 and receive better rankings than actual champions.

Also thank yourselves lucky UEFA are trying to close the competition off to teams from countries outside of the "big 4" because it means you don't have to go through qualification anymore.

The English teams didn't really get an easy route to the knockout stages. Think City will easily walk their group one of the easiest in the draw. Tottenham have the hardest in my opinion, with Liverpool just behind them as Crvena Zvezda is probably the weakest team in the draw. Think United could really struggle in this group with Juventus and a very dangerous Valencia. They are 50-50 with Young Boys :ph34r:

7 hours ago, Harry said:

The 7th best team is already out of Europe xD And couldn't even win a game.

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

Sorry but I disagree. After all, this is the Champions League.

It's only right a team that wins their league receives a higher pot seeding than a team that finished 4th in their domestic league.

The only way Liverpool should have the right to make things easier for themselves in this competition is to actually win their domestic league or come runner up.

Fair enough.  But should we put Celtic in there in pot 1 too? I.e. At what point do you start closing that door based on them not being as good as those others below so they move down into lower pots? 

For me it's when you look at the teams below them and can see they are clearly inferior. 

Similarly should the 4th highest ranked American tennis player be seeded below the highest French player at Wimbledon just because he's the best from a different country...? Or should it just come down to where they are seeded on an  equal footing relative to all other players...?

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I think Liverpool might struggle this time round, possibly to their benefit when it comes to the league. Fancy PSG and Napoli.

I agree. Tough group for us for sure. 

Archived