talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Memphis Depay Burgled Whilst Playing for Lyon

Lyon have offered striker Memphis Depay their full support after his home was burgled while he played for the club on Friday night.

Reports say thieves took up to 1.5m euros (£1.34m) in jewels, watches and other luxury items while the former Manchester United forward was playing in Lyon's 1-0 defeat at home to Nice.

"He's obviously disheartened, because he had a lot of belongings in that house," Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas said on Saturday at a Lyon news conference.

"We will help him, as we do all the players, whether it's on a human level or financial."

BFM TV reported on Saturday the thieves entered his home by climbing up the garage to reach the terrace and then entering the bedroom through an open window. BFM added there were no alarms.

"You have to fit alarms and be careful who you associate with. But the police are on the case, and worked all night," Aulas said.

"They have taken fingerprints, which appear to be [a] positive match. ... There are cameras so we will have [more] news soon."

Depay, who has scored 25 goals in 56 league games since joining from Manchester United, has international duty with the Netherlands next week.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

Peacocking out of low self worth like people who wear designer underwear? :ph34r:

Hahaha.... I het the designer underwear bit where men are concerned. I myself have tried to use cheaper underwear and the difference is massive in all aspects.

But yeah, in general most of these things are a mental confidence issue although there are things and there are things. The jewellery detail when looked at from an overall panning observation is absolutely ridiculous. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Peacocking out of low self worth like people who wear designer underwear? :ph34r:

If your'e on of those poor souls that has never worn a pair of Saxx or alike, your balls and junk plead for you to splurge on a pair. Once you do you wont go back xD

• Administrator
4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

£1.34m In jewellery?

Maybe he’d make a better jeweller.  Never understood the fascination with jewellery. 

That's cos you have no money left after smashing it all on designer clothes xD 

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

£1.34m In jewellery?

Maybe he’d make a better jeweller.  Never understood the fascination with jewellery. 

People like what they like. I'd probably have antique motorcycles and cars.

22 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

If your'e on of those poor souls that has never worn a pair of Saxx or alike, your balls and junk plead for you to splurge on a pair. Once you do you wont go back xD

Never heard of them so I googled and now I can't think of anything less designer than wearing a pair of underwear that tells everyone you chafe xD

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's cos you have no money left after smashing it all on designer clothes xD 

That is funny, but in truth I've never understood jewellery since I was a teenager.  I just can't get my head around glittery ornaments put on the body... Just seems quite primitive to me and then add the expense issue to how I feel and I end up being rather discriminating to those that do this.

22 minutes ago, Spike said:

People like what they like. I'd probably have antique motorcycles and cars.

Motorcycles and vehicles in general have a use (function) mate. Although I get where you're going with that.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Never heard of them so I googled and now I can't think of anything less designer than wearing a pair of underwear that tells everyone you chafe xD

Nono you got it all wrong, its less about chafe more about support. You're telling me you wouldnt want to walk around like someones holding your stuff all day? You're only lieing to yourself B|

7 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Nono you got it all wrong, its less about chafe more about support. You're telling me you wouldnt want to walk around like someones holding your stuff all day? You're only lieing to yourself B|

I used to wear tight underwear but I find baggy freedom more liberating now.

20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That is funny, but in truth I've never understood jewellery since I was a teenager.  I just can't get my head around glittery ornaments put on the body... Just seems quite primitive to me and then add the expense issue to how I feel and I end up being rather discriminating to those that do this.

Motorcycles and vehicles in general have a use (function) mate. Although I get where you're going with that.

Yeah but at the same time a person only needs one vehicle.

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah but at the same time a person only needs one vehicle.

Well that depends... It depends if you need one for work and one for the family as an example. Or if you have one for leisure and one for the family...  I could go on bringing up examples but I know you know where I'm going with this.  Jewellery has no function whatsoever other than to be a human Christmas Tree.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Well that depends... It depends if you need one for work and one for the family as an example. Or if you have one for leisure and one for the family...  I could go on bringing up examples but I know you know where I'm going with this.  Jewellery has no function whatsoever other than to be a human Christmas Tree.

For utilitarian purposes only one is needed, then it just becomes a toy.

1 minute ago, Batard said:

If you flash that sort of wealth around an entourage, it’s not surprising if you’re burgled! Aulas understands “be careful who you associate with”. 

"Dime con quién andas y te diré quién eres" (Tell me who you associate with and I'll tell you who you are) ;)

Just now, Spike said:

For utilitarian purposes only one is needed, then it just becomes a toy.

Indeed and that's why I initially said I knew where you were going with that. There are a multitude of ways to be frivolous and superficial and people can collect what they like with their money because it's a personal choice.  It's also a personal view of mine that I find the accumulating of jewellery odd.  xD

24 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

It can also be an investment. You don't have to have it just to wear.

I did think of that and know someone that buys gold, but they buy gold bullion not ready made jewellery. 

Edit: and they keep that gold bullion in the bank.

Archived