talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pep Guardiola: That’s why I’m going to fall short - I cannot have success this season

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

54 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Yet another reason Pep is the definition of overrated. That is a top quality squad and to say anything else is a blatant lie. 

He's taken over a team on the decline, City always needed the spine of the team to be added to but instead it just got worse.

Dont get me wrong it's not as if he's taken over a shit team, but Chelsea for example were equipped a lot more to win the league because Mourinho built them up to. City have been poor in Europe since the takeover and the team has degenerated over the last two years.

He'a definitely underachieved this season and should really at least be trying to challenge with Spurs and also not getting knocked out of Europe but Monaco, but I don't think he had a complete squad to start with and if he was in a similar boat to anyone it was Mourinho and United, not Conte and Chelsea.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Wouldn't have Hazard over Sane tho

Defiantly not, Hazard is over rated hype and against the best teams like us, he's found wanting time and time again. the highlight of his game last night was a fluffed shot at goal and a gash penalty which was easy saved :coffee:  ...even Navas had a better game ffs! xD

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Defiantly not, Hazard is over rated hype and against the best teams like us, he's found wanting time and time again. the highlight of his game last night was a fluffed shot at goal and a gash penalty which was easy saved :coffee:  ...even Navas had a better game ffs! xD

This is horrible for your standards mate

1 hour ago, Danny said:

He's taken over a team on the decline, City always needed the spine of the team to be added to but instead it just got worse.

Dont get me wrong it's not as if he's taken over a shit team, but Chelsea for example were equipped a lot more to win the league because Mourinho built them up to. City have been poor in Europe since the takeover and the team has degenerated over the last two years.

He'a definitely underachieved this season and should really at least be trying to challenge with Spurs and also not getting knocked out of Europe but Monaco, but I don't think he had a complete squad to start with and if he was in a similar boat to anyone it was Mourinho and United, not Conte and Chelsea.

While I can agree to a point, having the likes of De Bruyne, David Silva, Gundogan, Sane,  etc. and you are struggling to keep even 4th? United and Arsenal are both a game back and would be within a point of them with a win. Pep isn't even a top 3 coach in the premiership let alone the world and I stand by that statement. 

32 minutes ago, Dickie said:

While I can agree to a point, having the likes of De Bruyne, David Silva, Gundogan, Sane,  etc. and you are struggling to keep even 4th? United and Arsenal are both a game back and would be within a point of them with a win. Pep isn't even a top 3 coach in the premiership let alone the world and I stand by that statement. 

I agree, he's underachieving and should be neck and neck with Spurs or just behind Chelsea

Archived