talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Serie A 2018/19 - 4^ Giornata [15/09 - 17/09]

football forum

Sassuolo winger Federico Di Francesco has rubbished claims he provoked Juventus forward Douglas Costa with racist insults, which resulted in the Brazilian spitting in his face.

Costa was sent off for aiming an elbow and a headbutt at Di Francesco - the son of Roma coach Eusebio Di Francesco - before spitting in his face in added time during Sunday's Serie A game.

Brazil international Costa later posted an apology to his team-mates and fans on his Instagram account, although he replied to one comment by saying that people did not know what Di Francesco had said to him.

"You don't know what he said to me. But no big deal... I say sorry to all those who I have to say it to, because I did wrong," Costa wrote.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Juventus winger Douglas Costa has been given a four-game Serie A ban for spitting at Sassuolo's Federico Di Francesco on Sunday.

Costa was sent off following his clash with Di Francesco - after the incident had been referred to the video assistant referee.

The Brazil international had also raised an elbow at the same player and attempted a head-butt.

Juventus won the game 2-1 despite the dismissal of Costa, who apologised for his behaviour after the match in a statement on his Instagram account.

Costa said: "I would like to apologise to all Juventus fans for this misleading reaction in today's game.

"I also apologise to my team-mates, who are always with me in beautiful and bad moments.

"It was ugly, I am aware of it and I apologise to everyone for this."

Costa trying to be clever after acting like a total animal.  Not having none of that and it seems he's been listening to a lot of the Patrice Evra crap!

Has anyone actually seen everything Costa does?

First he fouls Di Francesco like a beast that should be in a zoo, then he head butts Di Francesco and finally spits at him. I hope Costa is banned for the rest of he season and a further season of banning being an opinion unless he publicly apologises to Di Francesco on his knees on a specifically aired national tv show where lots of children go to laugh at him at spit into the air in his direction... GET IT!!!

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Costa trying to be clever after acting like a total animal.  Not having none of that and it seems he's been listening to a lot of the Patrice Evra crap!

Has anyone actually seen everything Costa does?

First he fouls Di Francesco like a beast that should be in a zoo, then he head butts Di Francesco and finally spits at him. I hope Costa is banned for the rest of he season and a further season of banning being an opinion unless he publicly apologises to Di Francesco on his knees on a specifically aired national tv show where lots of children go to laugh at him at spit into the air in his direction... GET IT!!!

yep, get someone to stop acting like an animal by repeating his actions...

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

yep, get someone to stop acting like an animal by repeating his actions...

By making him m understand that what he does does in actual fact get repeated by the most impressionable in all our societies which are children.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

By making him m understand that what he does does in actual fact get repeated by the most impressionable in all our societies which are children.

not sure that's the message that will be portrayed if there's a national TV show which he gets spat on.

• The topic was unpinned

So Federico di Francesco was quizzed by the media on what occurred in the game against Juventus where he first recieved a terrible foul from the Juventus player Douglas Costa and then headbutted while finally being spat on in the face.

Douglas Costa being the animal he is then decided not to apologise to Di Francesco for his disgusting and vile behaviour...  He only apologised to the Juventus fans and his teammates.  He added more fuel to the fire by doing the typical and accusing Federico of having said racist words to him before the crazy attack.

Well Federico di Francesco has spoken for what he says will be the last time on the matter and said this;

"My family have recieved death threats and it's been a pretty bad week in that sense for something that has been cleverly turned around on me.  What was said?  Things are said in football matches that stay on the field of play and what I definitely didn't say is... How are you doing today Mr Costa.  Words were exchanged by myself and by him and they were all words in reference to the game.  What I didn't say and I swear on everything I hold dear is anything racist or even racial... Never in my life and not then so he is a liar and can now be judged on his actions."

Archived