talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Would You Have Predicted This 5 Years Ago?

football forum

Five years ago would have been about half way through Klopp's first full season. Signed Mane and Wijnaldum that summer who would go onto be integral parts of a side that won the league and Champions League. We had only qualified for the Champions League once since 2009 before Klopp arrived. Ended up qualifying in his first full season with a win on the final day.

I think at the time I thought if we couldn't make it work under a manager like Klopp what chance did we have with anyone else.

I definitely didn't expect us to reach a Champions League final so quickly in 17/18. It all just seemed to come together once Salah arrived in summer 2017 and Van Dijk in January 2018 though. Then Alisson and Fabinho in the summer of 2018 which has led us to being genuine challengers in the league and Champions League.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

When wenger left I thought we would either get much better or much shitter.  We have got much shitter so I was right 

When Fergie left I thought we would carry on as per normal, how wrong I was, I wish the Glazers and Woody Woodpecker had left with him. :coffee: 

8 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

When Fergie left I thought we would carry on as per normal, how wrong I was, I wish the Glazers and Woody Woodpecker had left with him. :coffee: 

Kel  who use to be on here thought you would get better with moyes

Archived