talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2017 - General Chat

football forum

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Mine tend to be fairly successful though when it's one of those games when you're on a 7 match winning streak but your entire team is playing nervously for no reason and it's 1-1 and you get an 89th minute penalty, I would put my house on my penalty taker missing because they always do.

Oh fair enough, it must be me then. I think I have missed more pens on this game then I did on 16 and I have only clocked 8 hours game time so far.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Oh fair enough, it must be me then. I think I have missed more pens on this game then I did on 16 and I have only clocked 8 hours game time so far.

I had one player who is rated 19 for penalties and has a terrible record. In 4 seasons out of 8 with me, he's scored 4 out of 9. Less than 50% success record which is why I think it's terrible. I took him off penalty duty for my main striker (whose penalty stat is slightly lower at 17) and in the other 4 seasons he's scored 14 out of 18.

• Administrator

Love the way the game replicates how Chinese clubs would bid for players. I've got a player valued at £31.5m. Most clubs would try to undercut it by a few million. 

Jiangsu come in with a massive £62m straight up xD

• Administrator
5 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I just found an Ecuadorian regen born in Laos and generated in Jordan... could you get more random xD

d540eec4a607f112252db4ca3e503feb.png

yes :ph34r: 

On 10/06/2017 at 11:57 AM, Stan said:

sorry but what the fuck is going on here xD 

loving the diversity of this player though. I want to know what his family looks like. and I want to know why he chose Israel xD 

psg.PNG

an Israeli Anglo-Indian with German-Nevisian roots. 

• Administrator

no matter how many seasons you have gone through in the game, nothing is sweeter than a final-day title showdown. Especially when you score twice in the last few minutes to secure it after going a goal down xD 

Leicester v Man City_ Analysis Post-Match.png

On 6/29/2017 at 6:56 PM, Cannabis said:

No mate, just hidden as it had been inactive for a month. I'll restore it now :).

Cheers, I just wanted to make sure it was still available as I'd like to use it as a template for next season as I quite liked the content I was putting out - trying different things. Unlikely I'll be updating that thread anymore though due to the time it was taking to put an interesting post together. 

On 7/2/2017 at 4:00 AM, Dan said:

I usually have three updates a season. Summer, November international break and March international break (which for some reason is always 3 weeks on my game).

I like posting all the results but it does get a bit cluttered too. Definitely think I need to look at doing what @R-D has done in the past as regards to having hyperlinks to each player.

I think 4 updates a season is probably my preferred; summer transfer, results up to end of December, January, rest of season. Sometimes a May update if there's some big finals.

Hyperlinks or embed in spoilers is a good way to keep it uncluttered, but can be time consuming and then there's always the "is it worth it?" aspect if people aren't arsed.

On 7/4/2017 at 6:12 PM, Chaaay AFC said:

Anyone else think pens are genuinely useless in FM17? I must of had about 10 so far and scored no more then 2 of them. xD

They're totally useless. Far too many are missed for my liking, especially straight down the middle of the goal. Unless it's my keeper, then it will come down the middle and he'll flap it into the corner.

• Subscriber

While I was enjoying the format of my new diary, I don't see myself completing that challenge on this version as I simply don't have time and some of my gaming hours are shared with F1 and other things. Think I'll leave the diaries for now then start a new hexagon challenge on FM 2018.

1 hour ago, R-D said:

They're totally useless. Far too many are missed for my liking, especially straight down the middle of the goal. Unless it's my keeper, then it will come down the middle and he'll flap it into the corner.

Literally just now:

IZ0trn7.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Looks like my Hexagon Challenge thread has been archived which is good because I pretty much sacked off that game, ultimately decided it was stupid to start in Europe then go to the likes of Africa and Oceania. Therefore I started again with the bottom three leagues of Oceania loaded - Tuvalu, Micronesia and Wallis & Futuna (sp?). Will probably just update in here if I stick with that one because I can't be bothered doing the write-ups.

• Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

IIRC you asked for it to be hidden as you'd sacked off the challenge. All hidden threads can be re-opened too without much trouble, it only takes two seconds :)

Oh right, I may well have.

• Subscriber

I've sacked mine off as well. I actually did a couple more seasons but didn't update it on here. I've started terribly in the season after that and my aspirations for the year are basically in tatters by September. New one incoming though.

• Administrator

I've got a 23-year old centre back who's been with me for a couple of seasons. Atletico Madrid showed interest and he's stated he wants to go there. They've just won La Liga so I've agreed that if they come in with a reasonable offer (£25m) I'll let him speak to them and he can move if he wants to.

So Atletico eventually bid for him at the desired £25m. Sheff Utd (recently promoted) and Wolves also bid the same amount. I accept all offers. Atletico's reputation over time has rocketed to much higher than it used to be and now one of the top 5 clubs in the game. Wolves currently in the Premier League but they and Sheff Utd have very small budgets. 

Who does he choose to go to after kicking up a fuss about leaving? 

Sheffield United.

Of course. 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

I had a funny relationship with this iteration of FM because I bought it late and it was my first new version since about 2012 that I've lasted on. Had one great career game on it though where I rattled through season after season in Sao Tome & Principe, Burkina Faso, Zambia, Algeria and Tunisia but just lost the enthusiasm when I moved to South America. Have tried to start new, similar journeyman games since but can't stick to one.

• Subscriber

I'm still on it but I always forget to update and it's a vicious cycle where it just goes round and round and I don't ever end up updating on anything.

I binned Fylde after losing in the National League play-off final and looked like I was going to end up in the play-offs again. It had potential but I just fancied managing better players to be honest so I've ended up at Nantes, yet again.

Bit of a 'meh' first season in the league but given Nantes are predicted 13th, and have finished thereabouts for the last three years I don't think 10th and a cup final against Monaco at the end of the season is a bad return at all. Nicely run club with some really talented younger players coming through. I'd imagine this'll see me through to FM18.

6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I've pretty much decided that I'm going to start FM18 with Everton as I haven't used them since 15 and have something to prove given that we were always getting relegated by the game engine on 17. I'm also interested in doing saves with Real Oviedo and Union Berlin but I'm unsure which of these two will come to light, hopefully both.

I was going to do a save with Barnet. The most boring side I could think of in the English Football Pyramid to try and make them half interesting. But then Frank De Boer came along.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned

Archived