talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2017 - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Aha I wish I got that. I don't know whether it's because of my narrow formation, but just in general I concede from a lot of crosses.

There's so many tactical quirks in this game that it's hard to say what the problem is. Maybe you need centre backs with more aggression to attack the ball when it comes into the box.

Playing narrow is generally the way to go on this version though, very rarely have I found the sweet spot with wingers compared to bumbling the ball through the middle with a diamond mid and two strikers or something similar.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0c0702588081a7fe42f0968353d31988.png

Brought this guy for £1.5m! Just got him to sign a new deal, but he has a £26.5m release clause which I couldn't remove. So gutted as he will surely get snapped up.

Just finished my fourth season at Bremen and finished second. I can see my team getting picked apart a little this summer unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely gutted to lose here, it was a fantastic run though. Beat Atletico, Galatasaray and Barcelona on route, but came up against an insane PSG side. Honestly it's just stupid and Dybala is so OP on FM. Think we held our own though and bottle a pretty decent chance to equalise, overall they did have the better of it.

1c7bba422bbc147ba073ce96d575a23a.png

• Subscriber

About to post an update in my Moneyball thread once I've caught up with the rest of the forum. Haven't played since before the World Cup but I'm going to have a bash this evening and I'm already over half a season ahead of my last update.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

This game's retarded sometimes. Having a very average season in second tier of Spanish football, but because I've just got an extra coaching badge my reputation has gone up and Napoli offer me an interview. Bizarre.

• Subscriber

I love Pereiro on FIFA, him and Lozano are the two reasons I used PSV no end on 18. He's a bit like Arnautovic (and I mean that in a good way!), all the technical ability you could want and actually quite quick and tall as well.

Ennis I had at Shrewsbury and he was pretty shit to be honest. Always liked the look of Bishop.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Second game for Pereiro, second goal :o. Inside 2 minutes too! Turning into a right beast. 

1-1 against Stoke and brought on Ennis to go two up top, scored on his debut which is good but somehow conceded two to lose 3-2. 

I really don't like Jordan Pickford on FM, he was shite on 18 and isn't much better here. He just seems to save fuck all, if it's on target he's in trouble.

Schmeichel likewise I find awful on FM although he's got a very strange stats grid.

I can never get anything out of Mahrez either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
33 minutes ago, Danny said:

How do you lot play the game? Do you watch every match? No idea how you get to the year 20473r348 doing anything more than watching key moments on the highlights.

Key highlights. No 3D.

Just commentary and highlights on the 2D screen with both the match and highlights near the quickest speed. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Key highlights. No 3D.

Just commentary and highlights on the 2D screen with both the match and highlights near the quickest speed. 

Yeah I do the same but maybe need to speed up the commentary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

For fuck's sake, I refuse to believe that this game isn't scripted on some level. Every single season I play in any league, without fail the game just starts fucking me over in the last three months of the season. Mine are the form team in the league for most of the season but the second I get within a win of moving into the promotion spots after a bad start I suffer 2-1 defeats to teams who haven't won in eight games through complete bullshit circumstances. E.G. every time the opposition actually manage to get out of their half, usually from one of my attacks where a cross improbably deflects directly into the path of an opposition winger while miraculously avoiding my three man midfield and full back, they execute one of the most clinical counter attacks ever seen while my defence run in the opposite direction, or the constant trick of starting a highlight with an unexplained opposition free kick that gets floated into the area and instantly they get a penalty because one of my experienced defenders who "looks composed" for no reason shoves an opposition attacker in the back. Not to mention the 19 shots per game my players manage to miss despite apparently having the best finishing on average in the league. Fuck off.

To go with it, this season the game has been picking off key players one at a time with training injuries that knock them out for the exact amount of time so that they won't be available for the cup final that I've miraculously got to. Both of my recognised centre forwards, my top scorer who plays out wide and my ever-present centre back.

It's literally like the game's seeing how much it can piss me off before I rage quit and start from my last save point which I refuse to do.

Rant over.

TLDR - Fuck off Football Manager.

Why are penalties impossible on FM18? Ronaldo missed about five in a row for me once.

Also, is Griezmann useless for anyone else? All he does is shoot from disitance everytime he touches the ball and skies it.

6 hours ago, Stan said:

think the rules were pretty clear from the start? Only got yourself to blame I'm afraid.

I didn't know that rule was in the game! and even then, irl you get deducted at most 6 points, not 54 xD

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Loaded up my Partizan save that I hadn't touched in like 6 months this evening...came here to update my thread and it's been deleted. Not cool.

Not deleted. Just gets hidden automatically  after a period of inactivity. I've unhidden it :)

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Not deleted. Just gets hidden automatically  after a period of inactivity. I've unhidden it :)

A bit weird since there are FM threads that have been inactive for longer than mine, but ok, cool, cheers. :)

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Haven't touched FM for a long time but started a new save yesterday and wanted to try something new so downloaded a few additional leagues and took charge of the Philippines national team... It's fun.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived