talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2017 - General Chat

football forum

No long update this season lads. I'll just post the screenshot on the table and schedule and briefly talk about it.

d16e56e3798a8c96e56c7b06f231d350.png

We finished 3rd and the last 2 matchdays were dramatic. We had Vissel Kobe away and we had to get a draw at least to not have Gamba Osaka get ahead of us. We were down 1-0 for a while but we managed to tie it up right near the end and avoided the attempt for them to win it. We basically ended Kobe's title hopes. Then we had to win at home to Sapporo, which meant 3rd was in our hands. We managed it and finished 3rd on goal difference and qualified for the Champions League, which I want to try and win next season.

d3025d3b45882f9fbc15ac3796b3744b.png

Here is most of the season. As you can see, we went on a real run at the end. 5 games, 4 won and 1 massive draw.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ballon Gorudo

33e88a48d35e97446b357d5b71e0b6d7.png

Hiroaki Okuno is the winner of the Ballon Gorudo at Velgata Sendai this season. Okuno was a constant threat on the break and he bagged a total of 26 goals this season, 9 more than second place. He also managed 6 assists in 34 appearances and an average rating of 7.34. He recently had his contract extended and we at the club are lucky to have a man like him. He is slowly getting into Sendai legend.

Source: Velgata Sendai return to Asian Champions League and look to return happiness to Sendai 6 years after the Tohuko Earthquake and Tsunami which devastated Sendai as one of the victimized towns.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Storts said:

Mousa Dembele becomes an absolute beast

Completely screwed me over on my first save he did. I went to sign him off Celtic for Leicester for £13mil but pulled out when he asked for £130k a week. He goes to Stoke, £60k a week (what the fuck?) and bags 4 as they beat us 5-1 and kickstart our run that eventually sees me sacked.

Couldn't believe his wage demands.

2018 Pre-Season

29a564c99a0df3613a5610714a5540fb.png

The board wanted to build a new stadium for no apparent reason. Don't have a clue what it will be called or anything (probably something shite like the Velgata Sendai Arena) but the news is there and they are currently planning what they want it to be. I'll get back on this

da1cef45bf6093f05cc9462a75387eee.png

Well lets get onto the new signings.

I didn't exactly look for "upgrades" this season, but I got one for Roberto. He's a player I am very familiar with as I see him play often in real life for Sporting Cristal in the league and Libertadores. One of the best players in the Peruvian league in my opinion. My replacement for Roberto (as he didn't want to sign a new contract) is Jorge Cazulo. He was released on a free from Sporting Cristal and at 35 years of age, injuries might be a worry but its a gamble I'm willing to take. Keep in mind he's actually a Uruguayan but nationalized for Peru on my save and still hasn't gotten any caps. Unlikely to get them too.

c4dfb544eae73609e6d94d48959b6382.png

My second signing is Japanese/Thai defender, Naoki Aoyama. He's obviously nationalized as a Thai because of that name and I looked at his history. Before moving to Thailand its all Japan. Anyways I needed more depth in this area and I signed him as a first teamer. Solid CB, not the best in Japan but he's solid and I'm happy with what he could offer to the team.

b935de58379d435137afe2f86f1f257b.png

Lastly, I brought in Sho Ito, who I'm going to use as a super sub. I'm happy with Moreno and Okuno up front so Ito will be the favourite for the substitutes here. I always pick favourites on the bench and put them on first because I know they'll do a job. Its one of the ways I like to play FM and see it as an important trait to have in order to be successful. Good enough for a sub and now I have 2 forwards who can do damage off the bench.

05bf7ff3f1ee36d0eaa356c6f338f226.png

450K spent in transfers, which I'm happy with given my budget wasn't huge. I have a few leftovers

4fab5d53bda286d6a9d2df53a4c30ddb.png

So the last thing to cover is that we've started the Champions League campaign. We're in a playoff, and we had to play Bangkok United. For some reason in the Asian Champions League, the playoff is only one leg. Its the higher seeded team who gets home advantage which seems unfair to me. In this case, it was us so no complaints and we managed to win it. It wasn't comfortable, they had a lot of the ball and got their fair of chances but I didn't have many doubts. Sho Ito got off the bench and scored 2, exactly like I want him to do. Its just 1 game but its a good start for him and I hope he continues showing it. Juan Diego Gutierrez' assist for Sho Ito was lovely. He was on the break but made a pass to Ito to surprise the keeper and he puts it at the back of the net.

eea0f9cb9aa598ffacae32ea73e08fb2.png

So which group did we end up with? Buriram United, Yanbian and Suwon. Exactly the sort of group I wanted. A progressable group with a test. I should have no problems beating Buriram and Yanbian. Suwon is a test as they are one of the favourites to win this competition no doubt. Yanbian have a player called Yoon Bit-Garam who is valued at 20M. No clue who he is but if he's at that value then I can see him being good. Their other foreigners are nobodies compared to the other Chinese clubs so I can't see them being a big problem. Buriram can be annoying but we'll be the favourites to beat them home and away. As I said, Suwon is the tricky one.

888f6e6bcd854eff0a95048c1e3a9ae7.png

I'm going to try and win one of the J League or the Asian Champions League. Both would be nice but not going to rush anything.

• Subscriber

One thing I've noticed on this is the youngsters you can loan are far better. On the likes of 15 for example I thought it was hard to really bring in anyone decent on loan and if you did it wasn't regularly an option. This feels like a throwback where I reckon I could probably loan my way to a play-off place. I've gotten a really nice side together here now I think, and Armstrong is back!

@Takyon can't fault that start, but as expected really. Perez will be an interesting one to see if you can hold on to if he performs well. Always touted with some of the bigger clubs, but has never lived to that potential on mine. Haidara is a well rounded fullback, always pops up when I was doing a leftback scout.

@LaSambadeStGermain It's an interesting save you've got going on, don't see too many that side of the world. What's your end goal with it?

@Dan It's a solid final position, hopefully you get a decent budget to replace those you have to. Any stand-out (non-loan) performers? Good to see you may have a save to stick with as well!

183px-SL_Benfica_logo.svg.png

SL Benfica - 2020/21 - Meet & Greet

Finally took the plunge and with a heavy heart left FC Groningen. What a time I had there though.

It happened right after deadline day (Benfica's ex-manager took over the Atletico Madrid job I turned down) which gave me no time to bring in any players or get the team tactically ready, but I couldn't turn this down. It was time. It was the right opportunity.

Thought I'd do just an introductory post to showcase some of their players and what I'm working with. I'll have screenshots available for most of the below if you have an interest. I've highlighted some of the star abilities for some of our key players and those worth keeping an eye on.

Squad Analysis

Goalkeeper

Ederson - 27 - Brazlian - 3.5*

Sergio Farias - 21 - Argentinian - 2.5*/4*

Analysis: Ederson is a top keeper for the league and has been with Benfica since 09/10, so nice to see an old face stick around. No real issues in this area.

Defence

Alex Grimaldo - 24 - Wingback - Spanish - 4*

Nelson Semedo - 26 - Wingback- Portuguese - 3*

Luis Pinheiro - 20 - Wingback- Portuguese - 2.5*/4*

Bjorn Engels - 26 - Centreback - Belgian - 3*

Jardel - 34 - Centreback - Portuguese - 3*

German Pezzella - 29 -Centreback - Argentinian - 3*

Analysis: Grimaldo and Semedo are out of this world good at wingback and fully look to utilise their abilities to the fullest. We lack real depth in the fullback departments though. Our CBs, while good, don't offer me a great deal of comfort with their lack of speed. It's an area I'll look to address as soon as I can.

Midfield

Andres Cubas - 24 - Deep Lying Playmaker - Argentinian - 3*/3.5*

Wilfred Ndidi - 23 - Defensive Mid - Nigerian - 2.5*/3*

Pedro Rodrigues - 23 - Deep Lying Playmaker - Portuguese - 3*/3.5*

Florentino Luis - 21 - Deep Lying Playmaker - Portuguese - 3*/3.5*

Regis - 21 - Roaming Playmaker - Brazilian - 3.5*/5*

Gedson Fernandes - 21 - Roaming Playmaker - Portuguese - 3*/4.5*

Joao Carvalho - 23 - Advanced Playmaker - Portuguese - 2.5*/3.5*

Rafa Silva - 27 - Winger - Portuguese - 3*

Eduardo Pinero - 19 - Winger - Argentinian - 2.5*/5*

Shaqiri - 28 - Inside Forward - Swiss - 3.5*

Andrija Zivkovic - 24 - Inside Forward - Serbian - 3*/4*

Analysis: 'Midfield' has covered all central and wide areas. Centrally we're very good. Good technical players, and solid enough defensively. Wide areas we have quite a lot of variety and coupled with our wingbacks, wide play is going to be key for me.

Attack

Bakary Konan - 20 - Complete Forward - Ivorian - 3*/5*

Andrea Belotti - 26 - Complete Forward - Italian - 3.5*

Ze Gomes - 21- Advanced Forward - Portuguese - 3*/5*

Analysis: Just missing Maupay.

The Tactic

3zWxJVp.png

This is how I intend to line up and play for a majority of games this season. It's going to be fast, aggressive and really overload the opposition. We have the talent to do so, so why not utilise it. It has the potential to get caught on the counter down the flanks, but equally we can be absolutely devastating in attack. It'll need some tweaking I'm sure, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this team can play.

I think that'll do for an intro post. Next update will likely be end of October where we've had a chance to settle in the league and get a few European games under our belt.

• Subscriber

The big three in Portugal all have some absolutely superb players. I considered being Sporting once and I tell you what they've got a squad I'd back to make top four in the PL based on their FM stats. They look ridiculously good.

I'm backing you to win the Champions League at Benfica within three seasons. Lovely set up there and I'm sure you'll find a way. Nice to see Ndidi's there too! Just a shame it's not on the update as he looks like a potential world beater on it.

22 hours ago, R-D said:

@Takyon can't fault that start, but as expected really. Perez will be an interesting one to see if you can hold on to if he performs well. Always touted with some of the bigger clubs, but has never lived to that potential on mine. Haidara is a well rounded fullback, always pops up when I was doing a leftback scout.

@LaSambadeStGermain It's an interesting save you've got going on, don't see too many that side of the world. What's your end goal with it?

@Dan It's a solid final position, hopefully you get a decent budget to replace those you have to. Any stand-out (non-loan) performers? Good to see you may have a save to stick with as well!

My end goal with it is to win every trophy possible in Asia. The J league, the 2 domestic cups, the Asian Champions League and pushing it a bit, the Club World Cup. Its really enjoyable. Haven't played it much since monday but that's down to being a bit busy.

club-crest-1988-present.png?width=300&he

Newcastle United 2016/17 Season Review:

SkyBet Championship - 1st

P46 - W34 D4 L8 - Pts 106

We started the season very strongly going unbeaten for our first seven games, winning six, including a 6-2 drubbing of eventual runners up Huddersfield. A momentary wobble of two 1-0 losses to Norwich and Aston Villa in late September put our capacity to beat the teams around us under question. However these worries were quickly put to rest as we once again went on another seven game unbeaten streak, winning six and scoring an impressive 21 goals along the way including 5 against Cardiff and 4 against both Barnsley and Ipswich. Our unbeaten streak stopped dead in its tracks after a shocking 4-1 loss at home to a struggling Nottingham Forest on the final day of 2016. The team bounced back with a 3-2 win over Blackbrun Rovers but fell short of expectations in a 2-1 defeat to Brentford. However once again these setbacks proved to be only momentary as we once again embarked on a ten game unbeaten streak spanning from late January to early March, winning nine games including a huge 3-2 win away to title rivals Norwich which ultimately sent them into a tailspin out of the automatic promotion spot and a 3-1 win over the league's surprise package Huddersfield which made our promotion all but secure. The mostly continued in fine fettle but occasionally succumbed to complacency due to having nothing but the Championship points record to play for at this point. Despite poor results against the likes of Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds, Reading's record haul of 106 points was still within sight and in the closing weeks of the season we needed 10 points from 4 games to clinch the record for ourselves. Naturally we got 9 points, losing to relegation threatened Cardiff on the penultimate day of the season meaning we had to settle for sharing the record with the Reading side of 2005/06. It was disappointing to not get the record but ultimately what mattered was that we absolutely stormed the league winning the title by nearly twenty points, scoring 107 goals along the way and setting the record for most games won in a season as well as having the 4th meanest defence in the league, not bad for a very attack focused side. 

Elsewhere in the league Huddersfield clinched an impressive 2nd place while Norwich made up for their late season form by winning the playoffs against Sheffield Wednesday who lost a second successive playoff final. At the other end of the table things went very much as expected as Wigan, Rotherham and Burton Albion dropped to League One. 

m5g4na4.png

League Cup - Knocked Out in the 3rd Round

I chose to play my second XI in this tournament as games came at a bad time and the results showed it. We scraped through the second round with an unconvincing 2-1 victory in extra time at Swindon. In the next round we drew eventual winners Watford and an abysmal second half display led to a humiliating 5-0 defeat. Matz Sels never played for the club again after that performance. 

FA Cup - Knocked Out in the 3rd Round

We were granted a tough away draw to Man United and although we fought valiantly we ultimately lost 1-0 courtesy of a Marcus Rashford wonder goal. 

Transfers:

Summer:

Craig Bryson - £5m from Derby - Repaid his transfer fee by being an everpresent in the middle of the park. He kept things ticking over nicely and chipped in with a handy 6 goals and 6 assists and proved incredibly useful in tight games with his long range shooting breaking the deadlock multiple times. 

Massadio Haidara - Loaned to Brentford - Didn't feature in my first team plans and had a solid season with Brentford. 

January:

Isaac Cuneca - £725k from Granada - We were struggling on the right wing as Ritchie was performing poorly for the opening few months of the season and Cuneca seemed a bargain with some great attributes. Unfortunately due to Ritchie coming into an incredible vein of form and Cuneca not taking his chances when they came he didn't feature often although he did begin to show a bit of promise in the closing games of the season.

Tyrone Mings - £2.3m from Bournemouth - The weak spot in our defence was ultimately Paul Dummett who was the leak in an otherwise very tight defence so Mings was brought in to shore up the left flank and proved to be a major improvement with his athletic ability. It remains to be seen if he is of Premier League standard however I am optimistic as he was a perfect fit for my system. 

Moses Odubajo - Loaned from Hull - A very handy player to have as he can play anywhere up the right hand side with ease and I needed a replacement for Vurnon Anita who decided to leave on a free at the end of the season. Odubajo proved himself as a worthy successor to Anita and chipped in with some useful goals along the way too. I'll be looking to activate his £5m future fee come the summer.

Acharf Lazaar - Loaned to Mainz - Wasn't happy with his playing time so I shipped him off on loan. He'll be featuring in the first team more next season however due to some good games for Mainz.

Jesus Gamez - £1.6m to Eibar - Gamez did not suit our system at all so it was good to get a quick profit on him and free up some funds for other signings.

Players:

Top Goalscorer:

flGcSmY.png

Championship Player of the Year:

BymAzlr.png

Championship Player Stats:

ea2HtA4.png

Team of the Year:

W2gbWSn.jpg

Newcastle Best XI:

jojGU2l.jpg

All in all it was a very successful season and I feel like we've got a great spine to challenge in the Premier League. The majority of the first team are rated as being good PL level players. My goals for the summer are to hold onto Lascelles, Mbemba and Ritchie as they have been attracting a lot of interest from big sides, increase our strength in depth as some of our second string players aren't going to cut it in the PL and replace Christian Atsu who I've tried to sign but can't get a work perimt for, fortunately we have £40m to play with so it should be achievable . 

I absolutely hate how AI teams get players for so much cheaper than you can. I tried to sign Lukaku from Everton as they got relegated and he wanted to come but demanded £140k p/w and bonuses on top which I couldn't afford and he's gone and signed with another club for £86k p/w (I offered £95k p/w and he stopped negotiations) and £5m less than what Everton deemed acceptable from me. The same happened with Will Hughes who wanted £100k a week(!) but signed with West Ham on a £60k per week contract (still ridiculous for a Championship player like). Really annoyed because they both would have been great signings for me. 

football forum

How the fuck have you managed to get through a season already?! Good to see that you've got Newcastle back up at the first time of asking. The hard work starts now.

I'm struggling for a save on this game I'll admit. Internazionale was one of my best but I haven't been able to get the buzz I had for that with another team. I've tried Leyton Orient, Dortmund and I'm now with Bilbao but I just can't seem to get fully into it :(.

Agreed on the transfer market being broken too. It's so infuriating, nearly as daft as Everton being relegated on another save.

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

How the fuck have you managed to get through a season already?! Good to see that you've got Newcastle back up at the first time of asking. The hard work starts now.

I'm struggling for a save on this game I'll admit. Internazionale was one of my best but I haven't been able to get the buzz I had for that with another team. I've tried Leyton Orient, Dortmund and I'm now with Bilbao but I just can't seem to get fully into it :(.

Agreed on the transfer market being broken too. It's so infuriating, nearly as daft as Everton being relegated on another save.

You'd think with Everton and FM being partners they might have bumped their stats a bit instead of decimating them xD

When I struggle to find a good save I like to start unemployed and take over one of the teams that sack their manager come December/January, it's led to some really good saves for me. 

football forum

I've never done that, I might actually try that out! :). Agreed about Everton too, I was made up that they partnered with us as I thought we might get over-powered, as it is we're useless!

• Subscriber

Do any of you ever have instances of your players losing their heads? I've just had a game where my left centre half has decided to start chasing their left winger all over the pitch. I didn't instruct any such thing. I removed it but not in time, and it's cost me the game.

• Subscriber

barnsley-fc-crest.jpg

2017/18

Season preview
It's hard to know what you want when you feel like you have over-achieved the previous season. I always want to push on and take things to the next level, but when you see the money some of our competitors are throwing around, it's a bit ambitious to demand a play-off finish when Barnsley, and still predicted to come only 18th in the table.

Last year saw us start slowly as predicted, only to rocket up the table in the second half of the season and see a highly unlikely play-off push fall short late on.

Was it circumstantial? Or tactical? I'd say probably a bit of both.

I'd like to see progression on last year, but if we were to finish 10th again I don't think I could class it as a poor season. That said, we didn't have a bad budget to play with, £3mil in fees and an extra £100k a week wages on top of our original £130k a week was quite an improvement. Barnsley do have quite a solid if unspectacular side, and it can be built upon. I think there's quite a nice balance to the squad when you take over and it's ready to have gradual improvement put upon it, so that's what I'll aim to do.

Transfer business
Ins:
- Adam Armstrong (Newcastle, loan) - I had to didn't I? Newcastle's promotion saw Armstrong's chances limited and we pounced immediately. He was enormous for us last year and it was a no-brainer bringing him back.
 - Jack O'Connell (Sheff Utd, £2mil) - I did feel like I needed to improve the defence. Roberts is fine but I'm not entirely sure about Macdonald or Jackson, so another body was needed. A left sided centre half, still fairly young, recommended in this thread and screws over a local rival. He ticked all the boxes and more.
- Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (Man Utd, loan) - Can play naturally at left back and centre back. Experience of promotion with Wolves last season and another solid option to have.
- Lewis Cook (Bournemouth, loan) - For me, this was a slight upgrade on James. Cook has a bit more to his game and I feel will be an even better fit. Another signing I'm happy with.
- Tyias Browning (Everton, £1.2mil) - I felt cover was needed at right back with the departing Saidy Janko, and in Browning we got both that and cover at centre half. The defence looks very nice to me now.
- Serge Drogba (Academie JMG, free) - Ivorian keeper who comes without a work permit, aged just 18. A bit of a waste of time really as he isn't that great either.
- Rurik Gislason (Nurnberg, £110k) - Icelandic winger who fits our system to a tee, pacey, can play both sides and a high work rate.
- Josh Sims (Southampton, loan) - One of those signings where I debate it for a while and once I've made it wonder why I even debate it. He's a quality youngster, another with promotion experience last year with Wolves and an upgrade on Hedges, although he won't come straight in as Hedges does seem to deliver.
- Azbe Jug (Sporting CP, £63k) - Slovenian goalkeeper, not bad stats, cheap fee and wages, brought in as back-up.

Outs:
- Released youngsters
- Lewis Nyatanga (released)
- Aidan White (released)
- Nick Townsend (Burton, £60k) - Wanted first team football which I couldn't give him. This transfer lead to the Jug move.

Results (August & September)

CH 1 - Brighton (a) - We did the double over these last year, impressively as they finished in the play-offs (and blew it as usual). It was yet another win over them, we won 2-3 and if anything it flattered Brighton. A fantastic start. Perfect.
LC 1 - Hartlepool (h) - Changed nearly the entire XI and felt my side was still decent, which is a good sign. We won 3-0.
CH 2 - Brentford (h) - Always seems to be a very open game with Brentford and this was no different. A game which saw an unbelievable 46 shots registered, but just one goal - it went our way. Two wins out of two.
CH 3 - Derby (a) - Even game which Derby stole fairly late on with a Bryson screamer. I can handle losing to quality.
CH 4 - Swansea (h) - A real test, passed with style. A Swansea side containing the likes of Sigurdsson, Fer, Baston and Narsingh were stuffed 3-0. Ex-Barnsley youngster Alfie Mawson was notably awful too.
LC 2 - MK Dons (h) - Similar to Hartlepool, yet we went one better and won 4-0. We really do look impressive.
CH 5 - Fulham (a) - Not an easy place to go to, and FUlham took the lead early on through an own goal. We slowly got back into it though and ended up turning the game on its head with two late goals, all three subs involved in both goals, as well as a shape change made during the second half. That really was a high point for me, my favourite type of win. We topped the table. Remarkable.
CH 6 - Charlton (h) - Back down to earth with a bump. The league's bottom side came here and it would be harsh on them to say they stole a point, because they had the better chances. 1-1. Shite.

CH 7 - Aston Villa (h) - We raced to a 2-0 lead early on but Villa equalised in injury time. Gutting but it happens. 2-2.
CH 8 - Norwich (a) - Very tricky game, sadly fruitless. Not embarrassed but we lost 2-1. It's gone a little wrong since Fulham.
CH 9 - Leeds (a) - We took a very early lead away at fellow high flyers Leeds but lost the game 2-1. This was the game I refer to earlier in the thread, where Borthwick-Jackson decided he'd start chasing after Ben Woodburn and I couldn't find how to get him to stop. Leeds carved us open and truth be told I felt a bit robbed even if they did batter us. I felt there was nothing I could do.
LC 3 - Chelsea (a) - A youthful Chelsea beat us through a very early Piazon free-kick. Fine margins. No disgrace losing here.
CH 10 - Reading (h) - We needed a reaction, and my god did we get one. Everything we touched turned to gold. We raced to a 5-1 lead at half time and Armstrong added a sixth in the second half. We gave them the pasting they ought to have given us twice last year. What a reaction, going into a very winnable game.
CH 11 - Oxford (a) - We raced into an early 0-2 lead against struggling newcomers Oxford and I felt it was a case of how many. I warned against complacency, they reacted well, apparently - 46 minutes on the clock and ex-Barnsley forward Kane Hemmings has belted one in. You fear the worst from here, and it came. Hemmings equalises with 10 minutes left and Maguire steals them the win in injury time. I don't think a result has annoyed me on this FM more.

201718 LT1.PNG

We sit where we finished last season. I felt like we could win the league after that Fulham game. Immortal. But we've had quite a rocky road since then. Our home form is impressive but we've been quite shoddy on the road all things considered. Oxford was so deflating because it was out of our character. We wouldn't have lost that last year.

I still think we can make the top six, but that Oxford game has haunted me and I worry that we've got too much of that in us to do it.

O'Connell's been disappointing so far, but the rest have delivered. Armstrong's bang in form again and Williams is having a very decent season.

I do think, in our defence, we have had quite a tough run of games.

Notably, Swansea sit in the bottom three and have just sacked Di Matteo xD

football forum
4 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

@Takyon Didn't even think that about Everton! I can't make out why they are bollocks on this.

The experts say its because we lack a leader on this years game, total rubbish and not something that would see us relegated.

@Dan - How come you released Nyatanga? He turns into a decent defender at Barnsley, I had him playing regular when I managed them.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Takyon said:

I absolutely hate how AI teams get players for so much cheaper than you can. I tried to sign Lukaku from Everton as they got relegated and he wanted to come but demanded £140k p/w and bonuses on top which I couldn't afford and he's gone and signed with another club for £86k p/w (I offered £95k p/w and he stopped negotiations) and £5m less than what Everton deemed acceptable from me. The same happened with Will Hughes who wanted £100k a week(!) but signed with West Ham on a £60k per week contract (still ridiculous for a Championship player like). Really annoyed because they both would have been great signings for me. 

This is a great point.

Even as a top club you can bang in an offer of about £30-40m and it'll get rejected. Then some other club comes in and gets them for about £20m. Very frustrating.

The other thing I've noticed that you can try and work in your favour is if a team comes in bidding for one of your players and they don't make it non-negotiable - you can play around with some of the clauses to great effect. Napoli got hugely successful in my game and came bidding about £40m for one of my players. I wanted about £50m as per his value but after a couple of rejected negotiations, I decided to leave it at £40m for them and then use the 'Avoid Relegation From Serie A' clause and whacked it up to about £10m. Hit 'Suggest Terms' and they found it acceptable.

In what was probably going to be the most undeserved win in history, I nearly won the Emperors cup, taking it to extra time against Kawisha Reysol.

23b15c34a9bd127fd83c0d15f6fdea7c.png

We were never going to win. Its as simple as we were shit. I have no idea how we found the goals, never mind 2 in that span of time. Ah well, anyways there were a few jobs that interested me so I've resigned from Velgata Sendai. I'll do a season update later, its 4 AM here and I'm literally only up because of a fever. 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Cannabis said:

The experts say its because we lack a leader on this years game, total rubbish and not something that would see us relegated.

@Dan - How come you released Nyatanga? He turns into a decent defender at Barnsley, I had him playing regular when I managed them.

He's garbage. You were Barnsley on 16 rather than 17 weren't you? He was about 7th choice here and had been out on loan. He's not kicked a ball for me.

football forum
1 minute ago, Dan said:

He's garbage. You were Barnsley on 16 rather than 17 weren't you? He was about 7th choice here and had been out on loan. He's not kicked a ball for me.

Yeah I managed them last season. He was my first choice centre-back alongside Alfie Mawson and turned into a gem, I suppose things could have changed which has made him gash this time around. 

So long as you leave my boy Adam Davies alone you'll do fine with me.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Yeah I managed them last season. He was my first choice centre-back alongside Alfie Mawson and turned into a gem, I suppose things could have changed which has made him gash this time around. 

So long as you leave my boy Adam Davies alone you'll do fine with me.

He was out on loan at Northampton. There was no future for him here really.

Davies is fine. Got no qualms with him. I'd probably look to improve on him if I went up though. Already got my target ready for if we do.

On 28/03/2017 at 1:34 AM, Dan said:

One thing I've noticed on this is the youngsters you can loan are far better. On the likes of 15 for example I thought it was hard to really bring in anyone decent on loan and if you did it wasn't regularly an option. This feels like a throwback where I reckon I could probably loan my way to a play-off place. I've gotten a really nice side together here now I think, and Armstrong is back!

Have you never read one of my diaries?! The loan system is a great way to build relationships with players you cannot afford who you can eventually sign.

19 hours ago, Takyon said:

This happens on every save I have. Really infuriating. It put me off starting with a team at league one or lower as it used to fuck me over so many times at Oldham Athletic.

@R-D You'll enjoy Portugal I reckon. It seems like one of the only countries where you can build a new elite European pwoerhouse with domestic based players.

Decided to go back home and manage my club...

d9727842324aceea36315185a6710e61.png

Now that the update is out, I have everything up to date.

UNIVERSITARIO! DEL BALOMPIE PERUANO, LA MAXIMA EXPRESION

UNIVERSITARIO! TU JUEGO ES MI ALEGRIA, DE MI ALMA Y CORAZON!

Will introduce the squad shortly.

Just take a guess at who our best player is before I properly introduce the team.

I'll give you a hint, he's a Peruvian who played for the National Team and Fiorentina for many years and considered one of the best Peruvian players of the century. He's a well known name in Europe. Take a guess.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived