talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chinese Super League

football forum

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Christ the standard in this league is bad, Sky Sports HQ are showing the goals as they go in from the match between Changchun and Shanghai and a good half of them are as a result of Sunday League defending. I know that you get the usual idiots claiming that they could make it in these silly leagues but I'm convinced that I could have done a better effort in goal than the two clowns out there today. 

Whilst the standard continues to be this low there is no way that the rest of the world will embrace Chinese football. 

i watched the full game. it was terrible. Worse than the A-League. Pitch looked horrible too.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I think these games are really on tv for gambling addicts. Not for the actual football. 

and i don't think Sky envisaged Oscar and Hulk and AVB would be suspended as that would have pulled in some viewers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

amazing. they were never going to be able to sustain that model of chucking money at clubs/players and even more so with that tax that's just been introduced on the associations there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ruben Castro has already scored 3 in 2 out in China at 37 years old.

To be honest, he still had something to offer in Spain for me and should have stayed at Betis for another season. He finally did slow down last season but like Aduriz, even at his age he knows where the net it. He will destroy this league.

• 1 month later...

Argentina forward Carlos Tevez is "overweight" and will not play for Shanghai Shenhua until he gets fit, says the club's new coach Wu Jingui.

The 33-year-old is reportedly one of the world's highest-paid players but has only scored two goals in 12 games since making his debut in March.

Wu, who took charge of the Chinese club after Gus Poyet quit on Monday, also criticised midfielder Fredy Guarin.

"I need to be responsible to the team and to the players," said Wu.

"Both [Tevez] and Guarin are overweight. When you are on the pitch, if you can't play at 100%, then it is completely meaningless."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41259482

Tevez taking life seriously in China I see

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

let's hope AVB's family can rally round him to wish him a full recovery

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/42633218

Former Tottenham and Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas withdrew from his first Dakar Rally after damaging his back during the fourth stage in Peru.

The 40-year-old left his role as coach of Chinese side Shanghai SIPG in November to compete in his first rally.

He was two hours 18 minutes and 50 seconds behind the leader after the third stage but on the next his Toyota Hilux hit a sand dune.

Villas-Boas sustained no broken bones but was taken to hospital for checks.

The 40th edition of the 14-stage race is based in Peru, which it last visited in 2013, for the opening five stages, using a route largely comprised of sand dunes, before moving to Bolivia and ending in Argentina on 20 January.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quique Sanchez Flores: China's Shanghai Shenhua appoint ex-Watford boss as manager

25 December 2018 | Football

Former Watford manager Quique Sanchez Flores has been named head coach of Chinese Super League side Shanghai Shenhua.

Sanchez Flores, 53, led Watford to 12th place in the Premier League and an FA Cup semi-final in 2015/16.

The Spaniard, who has coached the likes of Benfica, Valencia and Atletico Madrid, was sacked by Espanyol in April after nearly two years in charge.

His new club were seventh last season, 30 points behind winners Shanghai SIPG.

The Chinese club has previously been managed by Gus Poyet, Nicolas Anelka and Howard Wilkinson.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46681153

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Mousa Dembele to move to China in £11m move

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46792282

Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele is on the brink of completing an £11m move to Chinese Super League club Beijing Guoan.

The Belgium international, 31, is out of contract in the summer and has not played for Spurs since injuring his ankle against Wolves in November.

Chairman Daniel Levy is keen to trim players from manager Mauricio Pochettino's squad.

Striker Vincent Janssen is also likely to leave during the January window.

Dembele has made 243 Premier League appearances in total, scoring 12 goals and making 12 assists, having joined Spurs after two seasons at Fulham in 2012.

He has 80 caps for Belgium and was part of the squad that finished third at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

Netherlands international Janssen, 24, has scored just two goals in 28 Premier League appearances since joining from AZ Alkmaar in 2016 and spent last season on loan at Turkish club Fenerbahce.

Considering he could move on a free in the summer, getting £11m for him now doesn't sound too bad.

@Storts

• Subscriber

Absolutely delighted, even if it leaves us thinner at the position, don’t rate him and don’t like him because of the ridiculous status he has amongst our fan base. Very overrated and getting £11 million is great with only 6 months left on his deal.

Thanks for those one and a half good seasons 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You could make the argument he was one of the 3 best number 10's in the world in his prime. He was a joy to watch. Particularly in Sarri's first 2 years, he was downright unplayable. Shame he couldn't win a Scudetto but props to him for always believing in the team instead of chasing the glory.

The end of an era.

I understand how for example Graziano Pelle can leave for China at a late stage with no connection to his previous clubs. Hamsik is an Napoli legend, probably adored equally to Maradona at Naples. He certainly earned more than enough to live a good good life, are players not interested in legacy anymore? 

15 hours ago, True Blue said:

I understand how for example Graziano Pelle can leave for China at a late stage with no connection to his previous clubs. Hamsik is an Napoli legend, probably adored equally to Maradona at Naples. He certainly earned more than enough to live a good good life, are players not interested in legacy anymore? 

You say that as if de Laurinitis didn’t see $$$ for an aging player that hadn’t been playing well. Sometimes moving on, is the the selfless thing to do for a player

• The topic was unpinned

Archived