talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Serge Gnabry joins Bayern Munich

https://sportwitness.co.uk/serge-gnabry-talks-transfer-leaving-arsenal-not-bayern-munich/

Serge Gnabry in talks for transfer again after leaving Arsenal, but not to Bayern Munich

When Serge Gnabry left Arsenal and signed for Werder Bremen there were claims it was all part of some elaborate plan which would see him at Bayer Munich next season.

serge-gnabry-feiert-eines-seiner-sieben-

Arsene Wenger sanctioned a sale for a relatively low fee, around £5m, because Gnabry was looking for first team football and didn’t think he could get that at Arsenal. The player only having a year left on his contract forced Wenger’s hand further.

The 21 year old’s last three games have been perhaps the best strung together of his career, with three goals and excellent all-round performances. Gnabry has been playing mainly on the left, but has also been deployed through the middle.

At Arsenal the left has this season seen Alex Iwobi get a lot of game time, had circumstances been different that could easily have been Gnabry.

Now he could be on the move again, and not to Bayern Munich. SportBild report discussions between the player’s camp and Hoffenheim have been ongoing. With a release clause of under €10m, Hoffenheim could easily do a deal.

Last season Werder Bremen finished 13th, and Hoffenheim 15th. This season sees the former in 8th and the latter in 3rd, having an excellent campaign. Next season, who knows? Below Bayern Munich there’s always a lot of movement and ups and downs.

Yet SportBild say Gnabry is keen on the move, despite settling well at Werder Bremen and being given the platform to build his career. He’s said to be happy with Hoffenheim’s coach and hopeful of European competition.

It would seem like impatience from the 21 year old to make what in a year or two could look a sideways step, but he was keen to leave Arsenal and if Hoffenheim is what he wants then Hoffenheim is likely what Gnabry will get.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

What do I have to do with the rumour? They're talking about "advanced talks" between Gnabry and Hoffenheim, so there must be something to it. 

I don't know, in my opinion, it would be silly of him to change the club again, despite the chance to play in Europe next season with Hoffenheim. Gnabry is developing well, Werder is the perfect place for him to build on and then leave for a bigger club in a year or two. We are definitely on the right course and we finally have a team that functions as a unit, so even if he were to leave, I'm not really bothered, to be honest. I'd love it if he stayed, but if he doesn't want to, then farewell - we have a lot of young, talented players who want to be here and I'm sure we'd compensate his departure one way or another. I have a lot of hopes for Kainz, for example, and really hope to see his breakthrough next season. 

• Subscriber

Ideally, I want to keep him too, but if the release clause is met and he wants to move, there's nothing we can do. Still, judging by his and his father's comments as well as Baumann's interviews, it seems like he intends to stay, but there's absolutely nothing certain these days.

A much more worrying rumour for me is the one about Junuzovic leaving. With Fritz most likely retiring and Bargfrede spending 98% of the season injured, we will have to find some new replacements either way. I like how Maxi Eggestein has developed so far, but we can't plan with only him and Delaney...

• Subscriber

Yeah sure, Fritz is way past it, but whether he retires or not, we'll need to strengthen our midfield in the summer regardless. I completely forgot that Grillitsch is leaving as well. So that leaves just Delaney, Junuzovic and Maxi Eggestein for central miedfeld. Now we've been linked with Darmstadt's Gondorf, but that's someone for the depth of squad at most. Geis would be an interesting option to consider!

• Subscriber

Delaney is Baumann's Königstransfer for sure; didn't expect him to be THAT good :x  I hope he'll surprise us with someone similar during the summer break again, hehe. 

Not to forget that Augustinsson is joining us this summer too; another one to watch, and I'm even more excited because he's a left back!

Selke could be coming back (apparently he's willing to accept much lower wages too).

It would also be great if Sané convinced his brother to join us :D

Delaney is a fantastic player. I'm so envious of Bremen's persistence with scouring local European leagues for rising talents. Sure, it doesn't always work out (Johannsson, Kleinheisler), but oftentimes it does (Junuzovic, Delaney), and often you have players who show signs of genuine potential (Kainz). All in all, it's low risk with decent potential for reward. 

As for Gnably, really hope this move works out lol. He has undoubtedly been a revelation, and I'm convinced his ability was a huge component to Bremen's turnaround. An electric, athletic player like this can be was instrumental in sparking a team's sense of belief, even when all the cards are against them. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I watched a good bit of Delaney on TV when I moved over here, and when I saw how easily Bremen got him, I was stunned. 

There's stupidly underrated talent in the smaller leagues around Europe.

We also got Augustinsson for just 4.5 mil Euro as well, I'm quite excited about him too!

As for Delaney, he's already been a revelation since joining us in January, I can't wait to see how good he'll be once he settles.

48 minutes ago, nudge said:

We also got Augustinsson for just 4.5 mil Euro as well, I'm quite excited about him too!

As for Delaney, he's already been a revelation since joining us in January, I can't wait to see how good he'll be once he settles.

Always looked solid when I've seen him, and technically decent too, but Delaney always looked acres ahead of everyone else in the league.

I say this everytime but still can't believe we didn't give him more of a chance. That loan to West Brom fucked everything up because Tony Pulis didn't know what the fuck to do with him. Surprising thing was the fact more teams didn't come in for him especially after his performances at the Olympics. There was Bayern Munich and Werder Bremen being mentioned with no one in between. At £5m as well, was a bargain then and looks like theft now.

Archived