Notts County vs Stevenage
Port Vale vs Northampton Town
Swindon Town vs Bury

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Still feel like such a bad fan for barely paying attention to Cambridge anymore but the sad truth is I've not been down there in years since the family connection disappeared and it's already pretty clear that this season is unlikely to amount to anything barring a possible glance at the coat tails of the playoffs before the inevitable slump to another 15thish finish.

Tough game coming up against Wigan but seeing as we're at home I'd expect us to take 3 points.

I saw a stat that said we have the highest amount of xg in the division, and the lowest amount against us. Wigan were the second highest in the division for xg, and considering how many goals we've both actually scored I imagine this will be an entertaining game for the neutral.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Still feel like such a bad fan for barely paying attention to Cambridge anymore but the sad truth is I've not been down there in years since the family connection disappeared and it's already pretty clear that this season is unlikely to amount to anything barring a possible glance at the coat tails of the playoffs before the inevitable slump to another 15thish finish.

It's the hope that kills you, they say...

Those 'orrible Millwall wankers are going to do us. Hate hate hate going there, we ALWAYS pussy it. They seem to raise their game 10 fold for us. The only other fixtures I truly think they would raise their game for would be West Ham or Chelsea.

They ended our unbeaten start after 7 games last season and Bielsa has just won manager of the month. Steve Morison tends to have a blinder against us being our ex player in all.

If we go down there and win, that would be immensely satisfying. They are absolute scum to me.

Well we have a battle in League One. Top two teams in the table squaring off with Peterborough and Pompey facing off. 

Honestly don't see us getting anything here. While we have had a great start to this year, we have truly played some shit teams, and have looked worse and worse the past 2 weeks. 

I hate to admit it openly, but I don't see Portsmouth getting any points this weekend and suffering from the first real defeat of the season. 

We've had some rotten luck in the break.

Lost Roofe, Bamford, Pablo and Berardi to injury. The squad is massively stretched already. To lose one striker in Bamford is bad enough, especially as a new player waiting for his chance for 4 months. But to lose both, and your top scorer and man on form in Kemar Roofe, is a choker. He is so pivotal to the way we go forward.

Then to lose your best source of creativity in Pablo is like a sick joke. He has been in tremendous form and we missed him against Middlesbrough.

We will have no choice but to turn to Tyler Roberts or Ryan Edmondson, just a couple of kids up front. Barardi's loss isn't so bad as we have had Pontus ready to come in for a while so he will slot in there ok.

But going forward will be an issue now. Young Jack Harrison will take Pablo's place in midfield, then one of the kids up top. It's sink or swim time for them I'm afraid.

It's not ideal to be bringing in kids for Millwall away. These cunts always raise it against us. Steve Morison becomes possessed and unplayable. We seem to bottle the occasion because it's one of the few games Millwall sell out and create a supercharged atmosphere.

Add in the Manager of the Month curse and the fact Millwall were the first side to beat us last season after a good start, all the omen's point to a home win.

Not confident at all. If ever we were going to shithouse our way to a classic 1-0 away win against the run of play, I bloody hope it's today. Hate losing to these bastards...

On 10/09/2018 at 21:22, Danny said:

Tough game coming up against Wigan but seeing as we're at home I'd expect us to take 3 points.

I saw a stat that said we have the highest amount of xg in the division, and the lowest amount against us. Wigan were the second highest in the division for xg, and considering how many goals we've both actually scored I imagine this will be an entertaining game for the neutral.

We're top of the XG you're top of the XGA. We're statistically the top two performing sides this season, both look quite similar on paper, both have young sides and play high pressing, high tempo attacking football so you'd expect lots of goals and probably get a 0-0 now! We've both played almost identical fixtures too, Forest, Sheff Wed, Rotherham at home, Villa and Stoke away, only 1 of the 6 fixtures has been different. Separated by 1 point in the table too. However, Brentfords home record is superb, 2 defeats in 24, a record going back nearly 18 months and we've only won 2 fixtures in London since the FA Cup win 5 years ago, so would be delighted with a point.

DmejC1eXoAAldzg.jpg:large

Got to be pleased with that really in the end. Both sides will look back and feel they should have won.

We've missed three big chances. If Roofe or Bamford get on the end of them, you've got to be thinking at least one of them bags. Unfortunately for Tyler Roberts, he's missed them and we very nearly paid the price as a result, but for a late equaliser.

Millwall were very direct, physical, niggly, tried to wind us up. Textbook Millwall really. Long throws, fierce tackles, but we just about stood up to that ok. They hit the post in injury time and had a couple late efforts themselves so we could easily have lost it.

Given who was out and how long we were losing for, I'll take the point and remain unbeaten. I really feared today so at least we've got something to go back with. We go again Tuesday night. But the signs of not having a decent striker up front are ominous. 

• The topic was unpinned

Heartbreaking to concede in injury time as I thought we gave it a really good go last night especially given that our starting 11was the same starting 11 from last season and Villa’s starting 11cost millions/had PL experience. Dark outshone Grealish on the day and was MOTM. The free kick was soft initially but he should never had scored from that angle - lots to learn about positioning our wall which we need to work on in training. Villa may be disappointed to have a penalty in the first half but our disallowed goal was wrongly ruled out.

We are now unbeaten at home for a year and have the longest unbeaten run in the top English leagues, one ahead of Liverpool (24). Win, lose or draw we finally have a team to be proud of - their effort and work rate can never be questionned, and they are giving every game a real go even last weekend losing 4-1 (their last two goals came from us going all out attack to get back in the game).

Archived