talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FOI Exposes Man City, Southampton and West Ham's Real Attendances

A freedom of information request by BBC Sport has exposed the fake attendance figures given by West Ham, Man City and Southampton last season. The main reason is that clubs have been counting season ticket holders and corporates who can't be arsed to actually go to games. 

Premier-League-Attendances-2017-2018-987

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG I thought only Arsenal do this... 9_9

Maybe in the future there will be better reporting on season ticket prices to show that Arsenal's prices work out as being in line with Tottenham's & Chelsea's per game rather than the usual spreading of bullshit.

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

3% under 55,000 some weeks, 100% full other weeks   ..not bad is it B|

You are just too happy.

7500 empty seats that are reserved or taken and no one turns up, I'd be fuming at my club's hierarchy if that was happening. They're obviously dishing tickets out to corporates that can't even shift them. Give them to school kids for free or something or do what Sunderland did and sell them for a fiver to people on benefits.

15 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

You are just too happy.

7500 empty seats that are reserved or taken and no one turns up, I'd be fuming at my club's hierarchy if that was happening. They're obviously dishing tickets out to corporates that can't even shift them. Give them to school kids for free or something or do what Sunderland did and sell them for a fiver to people on benefits.

People mock these initiatives but they are really good, top level football is far too expensive and often prices out the actual community surrounding the ground. 

At least we know the real reason abramovich put the stadium on hold now... 

3 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Complete non story and a waste of time. Someone actually tried to make this a news story xD

The publication of attendances by clubs are Infact very important mate.  There are all sorts of angles where they're very important but the most interesting one is that clubs manufacture (in cases such as these) a false sense of status in regards to support.

15 hours ago, Harvsky said:

You are just too happy.

We should be more selective who we sell tickets too to be fair, we should have some sort of rule that if you miss x amount of games, you can't get a season ticket the year after or something

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The publication of attendances by clubs are Infact very important mate.  There are all sorts of angles where they're very important but the most interesting one is that clubs manufacture (in cases such as these) a false sense of status in regards to support.

'Very important' 😂 

Literally the only people that care are people on the internet that use them in arguments about how 'big' a club is.

Archived