talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ivan Gazidis Joins AC Milan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Knowing Gazidis his contract is probably due to expire. 

Honestly mate... Of all the heirachy at Arsenal (and I'm not talking about sporting directors and the like which are considered part of the technical side of things) Gazidis is probably the only Arsenal director that has shown an inkling of really caring publicly.  I say this in the full knowledge that he has also been a coward because he's always put make-up on the whole situation with hidden undertones.  But he cares!

We have nothing even near to resembling (probably never will have again) the likes of David Dein at Arsenal Football Club.

19 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Looks to be happening now, talk is Josh Kroenke will step-in to that role and we will go into a more American style board.

We have a few directors on the board at Arsenal that question decisions but the only one that's moderately made anything public and thus probably been seen as a renegade by Stan Kroenke is Ivan Gazidis.  Not that Gazidis has been all that brave to be honest and nothing in the scope of David Dein back then when nobody wanted to listen to him...  But he is the only one!  This move is disastrous at this given moment and worse still (if possible) that another Kroenke is coming on board.  Honestly mate... Ask yourself this question and answer it with genuine honesty... What exactly are you supporting with Arsenal?

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

We have a few directors on the board at Arsenal that question decisions but the only one that's moderately made anything public and thus probably been seen as a renegade by Stan Kroenke is Ivan Gazidis.  Not that Gazidis has been all that brave to be honest and nothing in the scope of David Dein back then when nobody wanted to listen to him...  But he is the only one!  This move is disastrous at this given moment and worse still (if possible) that another Kroenke is coming on board.  Honestly mate... Ask yourself this question and answer it with genuine honesty... What exactly are you supporting with Arsenal?

I personally think Gazidis is a coward to up and leave now when he has finally got his way, although maybe there is a further reasoning behind it.

Don't get me wrong thinks a blow but I think he is replaceable. Maybe Stan will support the club more with his son in charge, but equally things may get worse we will just have to wait and see what happens. Ultimately all we can do is watch this space, can't make any conclusions at this point.

30 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I personally think Gazidis is a coward to up and leave now when he has finally got his way, although maybe there is a further reasoning behind it.

Don't get me wrong thinks a blow but I think he is replaceable. Maybe Stan will support the club more with his son in charge, but equally things may get worse we will just have to wait and see what happens. Ultimately all we can do is watch this space, can't make any conclusions at this point.

I also think Gazidis has been a coward too considering he hasn't agreed to many issues that have been implemented over the years.

But Kroenke's son will answer to his father, make no mistake about that mate.

Stewart Robson is a bitter bloke but he makes a lot of valid points about Gazidis' time here. One good year in 10 and he's bottled the new era he built. Ultimately I don't think it's a huge loss, I just hope the new guys have more bottle and cutthroat about them.

I'd recommend viewing the tweet as there is a whole thread.

45 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Stewart Robson is a bitter bloke but he makes a lot of valid points about Gazidis' time here. One good year in 10 and he's bottled the new era he built. Ultimately I don't think it's a huge loss, I just hope the new guys have more bottle and cutthroat about them.

I'd recommend viewing the tweet as there is a whole thread.

I think its a good thing getting rid of the problems of the past 1 Wenger and now Gazidis,  They were both charge of negotiating the new contracts of players and that was a disaster, the club is in a mess right now with so many average players on sky high wages that no other club wants to touch those players apart from loan deals.      

Until this new structure gets going I really can’t comment as I’d be throwing words into the wind. I’ll let it carry on and watch patiently with a curious eye at every move that’s made soley in what matters to me which is the search for a project on competitiveness on the field... FOOTBALL!

I have very little care or understanding for how the club subsequently make more money for its shareholders

21 minutes ago, Panna King said:

I think its a good thing getting rid of the problems of the past 1 Wenger and now Gazidis,  They were both charge of negotiating the new contracts of players and that was a disaster, the club is in a mess right now with so many average players on sky high wages that no other club wants to touch those players apart from loan deals.      

Let’s not place the blame on Gazidis with that one. Gazidis hasn’t got any knowledge on the technical side of things and Wenger was the manager. Wenger was the decision maker on those things and Gazidis was the one that would execute the legalities.

Did anyone expect someone that is in Gazidis’ position to argue a football point with the manager, with Arsène Wenger?

39 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Let’s not place the blame on Gazidis with that one. Gazidis hasn’t got any knowledge on the technical side of things and Wenger was the manager. Wenger was the decision maker on those things and Gazidis was the one that would execute the legalities.

Did anyone expect someone that is in Gazidis’ position to argue a football point with the manager, with Arsène Wenger?

Well as I mentioned he is partly to blame for it but Wenger more so, the club needed a clear out from top to the bottom,  no one really knows if Kroenke is the real problem or it is the people who deal with the day to day running of the club.  One thing for sure,  Kroenke has spent a lot of money on players and wages, but you are right, we have to see how the people appointed now take the club going forward to see if it is going to improve.  

35 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Gazidis from what I hear had a massive part to play in transfers. He brought in StatDNA which led to the signings of Mustafi, Xhaka, Gabriel, Elneny etc. and these players have either not been good enough or poor value for money.

Obviously I would imagine Wenger was the man in charge and would have final say, but Gazidis was fully part of a lot of our disastrous transfer dealings.

14 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Gazidis from what I hear had a massive part to play in transfers. He brought in StatDNA which led to the signings of Mustafi, Xhaka, Gabriel, Elneny etc. and these players have either not been good enough or poor value for money.

Obviously I would imagine Wenger was the man in charge and would have final say, but Gazidis was fully part of a lot of our disastrous transfer dealings.

Mustafi is gash, at fault for another of your goals in either your last game or one before. He's right sided centre half as well isn't he? Asking for trouble with Bellerin next to him.

Thats the problem with stats is that it's all about how you perceive them, or if you know how to. Pretty sure Damien Comolli used it at Spurs and Liverpool too.

English football (probably elsewhere too) is so far behind on the use and understanding of them that I don't think anyone will rush towards the proper use of statistics in football until there's a success story.

In November 2008 Gazidis accepted the post of chief executive of Arsenal, a post he formally took up from 1 January 2009.[7] He succeeded former managing director Keith Edelman and was expected to take over many of the roles formerly undertaken by ex-vice-chairman David Dein.[8]

In 2017–18, he oversaw significant personnel changes at the top of the club in preparation for then manager Arsene Wenger's departure, which was announced in April 2018.[9]

Upon announcing his departure, it was revealed his successors would be Vinai Venkatesham as Managing Director, and Raul Sanllehi as head of football.[10]

Wikipedia

Looks like he was doing 2 people's job, considering he has 2 successors. Gotta cut him some slack for that.

Of course he was doing two people's jobs... How else was the club going to pay Wenger's unwarranted almost £9m a year?  Cutbacks had to be made for that and now cash has been released to employ various members of staff at Arsenal Football Club.

3 hours ago, AMG said:

Wikipedia

Looks like he was doing 2 people's job, considering he has 2 successors. Gotta cut him some slack for that.

Not for what he was getting paid and always got a bonus for unknown reasons why. For once the club is actually sharing responsibilities instead of leaving it to just one or two.

Archived